Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born In September 2006

morning girls

thought i might park my big butt in here for a short stint, untill next week when i officially have 6 kids...........aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhh hhhhhhh.
    oh forgot about the 2 step kids......what was i thinking?????????????????????

induced next wenesday or thursday i have been told, so under a week now.

hope you all had a reasonable sleep, nice to hear all about your bubs.

cant wait to catch up a little more with all the baby talk

Hi girls,

Sorry I haven't been in. Ive been really sick with mastitis. Will make more of an effort today. BBL for personals.

Ouch Nat... hope you are getting better now.

Xander is one month old today... time has flown by! I can't believe we've survived

so you girls that have there baby bonus, how long did it take from when you put your forms in, till when you got it?

still struggling with milk supply... which is really starting to frustrate me. DH has just gone down to buy me some natural supplements which a mw friend recommended... along with the drugs i am already taking. plus i have to wake ainsleigh up for feeds as she is not gaining weight. she has only put on 40g since leaving the hospital. the chn is coming back on monday to weigh her again, then i am going to the bf clinic to see a lactation consultant on wed. fingers crossed we have some success!

glad you love your new do anna**.... i too am off to the hairdressers this afternoon... can't wait!

are any of you girls having probs with swollen feet? i still can't get any shoes on. i had to go shopping in my ugg boots on a glorious 25 degree day. how embarrassing! i bought some cheap slip ons from target yesterday, so at least i have one pair of shoes i can wear.... apart from those two whinges, everything going great here!

hope you are all doing well too.... sorry to hear about the mastitis rayla... i know how nasty that can be.

Oh Rikki I had swallen feet after having Vyolett and can totally relate babe. I went shopping in my slippers which are floro pink simpson ones. YEs I did get funny looks too. We got swallen feet cause its a side effect from having a c/s. Keep them moisturised cause if they swell to much they can stretch your skin and cause horrible cracks hon.

Nat - im not going to winge that my boobies are hurting any more. You poor chicken. BIg hugs for you.

Chrissy - hurry up and get your bonie butt in here woman....I put my paper work in on the monday after having Vyolett and haven't recieved mine yet mate. WIll let you know but

Jodi - im so jealous of you and Anna at the moment. I so need my legs and brows waxed.

I love your hair do Anna. I need to get some foils happening in mine.

I put on a pair of pants today that I haven't worn since befroe I was pg and theyre to big. I am totally wrapped about that seeing I was a size 22-24 before falling pg. My tummy is nearly gone bar as said before for my gunt, which I have feeling in a gain. I had no feeling in the lower part of my tummy after my tubual reversal and now I can feel everything there again. I dont know which I liked better.
    I expressed until last night with miss moo and found that the break did my nipples a world of good. Now she's back on there properly and feed at 12.30am then at 4.30am and again at 9am. But through the day she just wants it all the time. I topped her up with 60 ml of formula at 2 this afternoon and now she's finally asleep and I can do some washing.
    So until later cause Im gonig to enjoy this sun shine with the kids (YAY for school holidays NOT!)
    xxmaz

Hi girls, thought I'd pop in to let you know a birth announcement has been posted for Belle. Belle had Julia today at 1:05pm by c/section after a long labour.

Ok, here goes. Ive got a lot to catch up on, lol.

Anna** Love the hair! I bet you feel like a new woman. I'm so jealous.

Chrissy, next week- wow, not long to go now!!

Rikki I had swollen feet at the end of my pregnancy and it took a good 2 weeks for them to go. Its only been a couple of days since they're mostly back to normal. I also went shopping with my slippers on - lucky I still look pregnant, LMAO!!!!! Pregnant people can get away with anything.

Maz, woohoo for the weightloss. What an inconsiderate bloody gunt you have there,. You think it could have waited until after your incision healed to get some feeling back. Is it holidays there already? We've still got another 2 weeks I think.

Yes I had mastitis really badly. I passed out yesterday and had a fever of 39.2. AGONY!!!!! I think I've just about come out the other side though. My poor little boy has lost 700g since he was born so I went to Kmart this morning and bought an expressor to try and increase my supply. RIKKI what supplements are they?

Sorry if I've missed anyone because I've been slack and only read this page, lol.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BELLE!!!!!!!!!!!

Chrissy, I lodged mine on 3rd September. I got my baby bonus plus FTB payments through this week.
    Rikki, I also had swollen feet for a week after having Nina. Fortunately it does go away after time!
    Anna** I know what you mean about time flying by, Nina is 4 weeks old on Sunday and I don't know where the last 4 weeks have gone!!

Well I got my wax today, had lunch with mum and DH took the day off so got to spend some quality time with him. All in all a very nice day. Nina went 7 hours between a feed last time, so I got a great sleep. Somehow I've managed to get her to sleep now, which is when she normally goes through her 'witching hour', so hopefully she won't be up all night.

Chrissy - I lodged mine on the 16th of August and only just got it now... maybe they do them in big batches or something.

Jodi_Lee - bet it was nice to get some pampering! I loved getting my hair done... made me feel somewhat connected back with the world again. The last four weeks have been such a blur of feed/comfort/nappies etc, etc.

How the heck do you lot manage to get such awesome breaks between feeds!!? I must have the biggest pig for a baby. All he wants to do is eat and trying to delay his feeds is certainly trying.

Rikki - I hope your supply comes in/increases soon. How was the hairdressers? Did you do something drastic?

Maz - Congrats on the weight loss!!! I'm with Nat, bloody inconsiderate gunt you have. Glad to hear the milk bar is fully operational again.

Nat - Happy to hear you are on the mend after the mastitis. I've not had it, but it sounds damn painful. What pump did you buy? I just got the Tommee Tippee one on clearance from $89 down to $29... it works really well! I've been told the Avent is the best tho.

So happy to hear the news about Belle!

Go Belle, go Belle. Sorry Im just excited that another one of us has finally had their baby.
    Anna - Ive been giving Vyolett a top up of ormula (only 20 - 30 ml) in the afternoon other wise Im there all night and its hard enough when its just you and DH but when your got 2 other kids....its hair pulling material.
    Jodie - PMSL at the witching hour' comment. I can totally relate. I lodged my paper work on the monday after having Vyolett and my family payment is due tomorrow..I wonder if I'll get it them (ha ha) it will all go on bills anyway. I had to have the brakes replaced in my ford explorer. I really dont want to know how much that is going to cost me yet.
    Nat - snap on shopping with slippers on. I did the same. I went with Jed and picked NIkolaus up in my pj's but I stayed in the car. Some of the mum's came over for a sticky and yes I was srung bably. Its one for the 'memories' albulm.
    Rikki - Im just as bad as Anna what did you get done to your hair? Did you go wild and get funky bright foils? Nah only joking I bet you look beautiful any way.
    Better go and say my congrats to our new september mum. Its all too exciting still. I still cant believe that Im a mummy again. OH on the weight lose, I was missing my baby belly until I realised im skinnier now. YAY for me! Sorry but i find it hard to lose weight so the best diets I ever do on are falling pg. lol .
    Have a good night of feeding and trying to sleep girls, I'll be thinking of you all at 2am
    xxmaz

Anna** that was a bargain on the pump. I got the Avent Isis from Kmart for $99. It works well, but I'm hoping to not have to use it much. I feel a bit like a cow sitting there milking myself, lol. I just have to get this breast clear again after the mastitis.

LOL Nat on the cow comment... that exactly how I feel. Hmmmm, most of the time I feel like I should be wearing a big bell and going 'moo'!!! I mainly express to get rid of excess and keep some for the freezer as back-up for DH.

hi girls,
    just a quick note as missy is not behaving and won't go back to sleep after her 3am feed... which is a real pain as i have to wake her up to feed, then she refuses to settle again. nothing drastic with the hair girls, just touching up the blonde as i am a bridesmaid in three weeks. also got the eyebrows waxed and eyelashes tinted. the hairdresser was running late, so i ran next door with my head in foils to have my eyes done. i must have looked a sight!

nat, the supplements are fenugreek. my gf who is a mw said the only side effect she has ever had is thick sweating (like honey was her description) but i will let you know how they go. i am also taking motilium which is an anti nausea drug which helps increase supply.

am going to check out your hair now anna, sure it is beautiful. the biggest spin for you will be when you wash it for the first time... you'll be like, where is my hair!

oh yeah, forgot to add that i finally uploaded some pics to Ainsleigh's website if you want to have a peek at my gorgeous girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna**
    most of the time I feel like I should be wearing a big bell and going 'moo'!!! I mainly express to get rid of excess and keep some for the freezer as back-up for DH.
    LOL Anna** DH calls me the milk truck and says Nina should ring the bell when she's hungry!!
    As for going so long in between feeds at night, I have no idea how I did that! I think she's just starting to realise the difference between night and day. Last night she fed roughly every 5 hours, and during the day she feeds 2-3 hourly. Between 4 & 8 she just feeds and feeds and feeds!! A couple of times we've given her a bottle of formula at night as I'm way too exhausted, but we've only had to do that about 4 times.

rikkik hope your milk supply is increasing. Nina lost a bit of weight in the days after I had her as my milk took 5 days to come in. She was back to her original birth weight at day 9. But in that time I had to wake her every 3 hours to feed.

Jodi_Lee - DH calls me a 'vending machine'! Little Nina was a very good girl to let her mummy sleep so long! Last night Alexander slept for a block of 4 hours which was just totally awesome.. I felt like I had slept for a week. Shame that my bbs flooded the bed due to a missed feed!

Rikki - Yep, washing my hair for the first time was weird. There was so much less hair to wash! but brushing it was even funnier... I kept running out of hair to brush. lol. I had a look at your web page. Your little girl is a stunner (even if she is a bit naughty)!

Rikki - just had a look at your site - I LOVE YOUR BRIDESMAIDS DRESSES!!! And your daughter is soooo pretty. She looks like a real 'little girl'. I want one,lol. And your little cake bride and groom made me laugh - I think because the groom was bald, lol. They're brilliant. I have heard of Fenugreek - will have to get some because my supply is quite low.

Anna** when I cut my hair off The biggest thing for me was brushing. I would keep going rright down my back - DH called it airbrushing.

Jodi-lee, I love that pic in your ticker - she looks so sweet.

Hi girls,im here!!! I hear you on the problems with b/f.Ruby awake most nights and i wonder if she is getting enough.Though i think she is using me as a dummy sometimes as she gets on and latches then nothing.So i put her back to bed and then she cries.
    Durin the day she is not so bad. I cant use a dummy as i tried last nite and she gagged.A good thing i suppose.I may have to ring the ABA clinic too for a check. Better go she is crying and then DD starts to be upset too.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast