Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born September 2007 #30

would it be better if i steam the veg first - e.g. if i do courgette garet it then steam or microwave? i dont want him to get raw vegies!!! they sound delicious, i will def try it this week once my working week is done
    gracie - do you go only to mums and bub sessions or do you just take him to normal sessions?

aaaggg worst movie ever! don't waste your time. cheesy american. it was called 21

renee- have you tried aldi nappies overnight? they are absolutely fantastic. we have never had a leak.
    i'm thinking of buying the dermadoctor eye cream so i'll let you know how it goes. that satc screening sounds awesome!! we're going to a mums n bubs session on june 10. i saw the preview for it today and it looks so good.

pregpan- i think you should definitely make a cook book. you could put all our sep bubs on the cover

md- did you notice the girl out of big love is in mumma mia??

Hi Girls,

Well we got back from Taking Jordy back for his check up about the pooing thing and well he has to go into hospital next week for a few days to get his bowel cleaned out. OMG my poor Jordy. So we are waiting to hear back from the Dr to find out what day we are going in. I think I am just feeling really sad at the moment. Sorry girls I still have not even had time to read all your post but promise I will as soon as I can get my head around this.

On the Up Side Miss Olivia is getting really active and exploring everything around the house.

Catch up soon
    Sleeping Vibes going out to all
    Luv Ya

Gracie do you mean Sarah's friend from the takeaway food place? She was in Napoleon Dynamite on Saturday night (couldn't work out where I knew her from). Did see anyone I recognised in the shorts the other day.

Pregpan, you could experiment, but if you choose to grate then microwave, leave it to cool before you add the rest or the egg (yolk) won't bind it properly.

Leanne - Poor Jordy! I thought the pooing was sorted out?? Hopefully he will feel much better when it's all done. Big hug for you because the H-word (Hospital) is always scary and challenging for mummies!

md-oohh napoleon dynamite is the best movie ever!!!
    no sarah is in momma mia

leanne-oh poor jordy

Noni, W doesn't get nappy rash or have leaking nappies, I am only thinking about cloth to ease my conscience over the amount of waste disposables leave (and it would be cheaper too)

Renee, if Rory is leaking out the side tabs then it might be time to move up a size in nappies. Your SATC night sounds fun.

Leanne, poor Jordy! Is it a medicated cleaning or do they have to sedate/operate? Poor boy, hope it makes him feel better. Congrats on O crawling forward too.

Pregpan, I made vege fritters but they took ages to cook because of the potato so next time I will definately steam the veges first. I second Gracies idea of the sept bubs on the cover of your cook book!

Katie, congrats on the tooth. Takes a while to get used to seeing them with toothies, I still miss the gummy smile.

Cally, glad you are ok with what your DH said about another baby. I would be incredibly insulted if DH suggested that I couldn't cope with two because I feel certain I can. I don't know what he is thinking, but he keeps bringing up the topic of a second bub.

Gracie, did you hear back about the target casting?

MD, yay for your DH's SA. It must be very sad knowing there are no more bubs but at least you don't need to worry about prevention now. Just make sure he had the retests, I was watching a doco on the big V and apparently occasionally the tubes can rejoin/regrow/the little swimmers find some way to get through and there is an oopsie baby 10 years later lol

Yesterday was DH birthday. I got him some special belgium beer that he tried at a beer cafe and kept raving about and W made him some baked dough handprints that he painted (8.5 month old + paint = very messy!) and I put them in a frame with a couple of photos. I think he liked it.

At playcentre yesterday a lady was reading a book to a group of kids and W was standing holding my finger listening. Another kid came over and stood in front of us and W swiped him out of the way and got back in front! My kid is already a bully!

This morning I got up and had a big wet patch on my nightie - my boob leaked! Yuck!

ETA Added pics to gallery
    Last edited by Artechim; May 28th, 2008 at 08:56 AM. Reason: added pics

Leanne - OH no, I hope your okay hon! Do you know much about the proceedure? I know it will be hard having him in hospital over night. Will you stay with him or DH?

Art - My next door neighbours baby takes swipes at Rory haha, he doesnt like Rory touching his toys. I didnt even know they could get posessive etc at their age haha! All well atleast he got a good view! What a lovely prezzie you got your DH!

MD - Whoa thats soo clever of E! I have tried and tried but Rory wont clap haha. He does check out to see if anyone is looking when he bashes his FP Piano haha, he likes an audience to show off in front of

Hayley - Yep Talk to your Dr about what sort of pill you need. My SIL went loony too when she was on the pill! Eeep! But yeah, there are lots of pills out there.

Well last night was alot more easier. Poor Rorys two front teeth are bulging out and are bright red. I went to the chemist and bought some natural teething tablets that you put in their mouth and they desolve, whoooala! He went straight to sleep and only woke up once during the night. Compared to the night before, he was restless and it took us soooo many attempts to get him to asleep and he woke up 3 times during the night. YAY ive found something that works for him (I used them along with panadole)

I dont like the dress I bought for the SATC girls night LOL! Not good considering I bought a bad, necklace and earings to go with it! I think im going to take it back.

Ive got my first mothersgroup tomorrow, im neervous! Noni do you still go to your mothers group?

Hayley - Do you know if there are Aldi nappies in perth????

Well better get in the shower while buggalugs is screaming for joy in his activity centre. DH is on the way home from work with the flu...

good morning lovelies
    arte - did your boob leak because W slept through? I'm guessing not, because otherwise you would have shouted it from the rooftops. (as i would if it happened to me)
    that's funny about W being a bully already.

sherie - have to say 20 ejaculations!!!!!!! my dh would be lucky to get that many in 2 years!!!!! (i shouldn't laugh, poor dh) i'm the same about giving birth. And i think it's the whole being in the maternity ward, and being so special - everybody coming to visit and see the miracle that we created. Whenever i go to visit anyone at the hospital where i gave birth, i always get goosebumps. It's a bit sad knowing that i won't experience it all again.

Gracie - i'd only had af 2 times (and they were very light) when i fell pregnant with Zoe. Jessica was only 9 months old and was breastfed, so it might happen for you too.

leanne - poor Jordy, and poor you.

md - so cute about E crawling and clapping. Aren't they just joys!!
    re the funny adds - i love the the new Tena add - with all of the different laughing styles - i'm guilty of all of them, and love a good snort every now and then

pregpan - do you have the 'Feeding your Baby and Toddler' cookbook by Annabel Karmel?
    there is a recipe in there for Finger picking chicken and potato balls, Vegetable rissoles and vegetarian croquettes.

Hi to all of you other lovely ladies.
    Hannah is just waking up after a lovely morning nap, so i'm going to go in and get that 'just -woken-up- smile' that i love so dearly.

Hi JaZmum!!!!! Give H a cuddle from us

Jeepers its sooooooo quite in here!!
    Last edited by reneenay; May 28th, 2008 at 01:30 PM.

JaZmum, no the leaking wasn't from W sleeping through the night, I wish. Not sure why, I have never leaked before, must have been lying on it the wrong way lol. His sleep has got a tiny bit better though, he wakes every hour until I go to bed then he sleeps for 2-3 hours then wakes hourly after that. So after I go to bed there are about 6 wake ups now.

Sherie, I was going to comment on the 20 times too - Lucky Mr Sherie! That is nearly twice a week! Hope your DH never talks to my DH LOL

IL's coming this weekend, W is at a really fun age now so they should enjoy themselves.

Must go and clean the house...

Arte, OMG I can't believe your boobs leaked ONCE!! I go to bed everynight wearing a bra and breast pads STILL or I sleep with a couple of cloth nappies. What a lovely pressie for DH's birthday. LOL at the paint - E has only done painting with her dinner (beetroot is good for that LOL).

LOL Renee, at Rory and his piano audience! Wow @ going to your first mother's group when our bubs are all nearly 9 months old!

Jazmum, I couldn't believe 20 ejaculations either, there's no way there have been that many at my house since the big V. We're still on our second box of condoms since E was born let alone in the last 2 months LOL. The Tena ad is a bit of a fave at our house too, H thinks it's a crack up and we have a giggle whenever it comes on! There's always a competition at our house as to who goes in to get E when she wakes up - all vying for the smile. Sometimes we all go in there!

Gracie, **TMI ALERT** before my first AF (about 6 weeks ago) I'm sure I was mega-fertile because I had gallons of CM. It was beyond anything when TTC or even in PG. I'm pretty convinced that if we weren't being careful I could've fallen pregnant in a snap. My friend who was told she would never have babies fell PG really easily after her first too. I went to see her new bubba Xavier today !

Well I'm having a bit of a grumpy day today. Got home this arvo to find our phone bill with $350 worth of phone calls from 2 weeks in Turkey (!!!) Duffer DH didn't think to use his telecard, now did he? I told him he's a walking financial disaster.

md and jaz- ooohhh you girls have got me thinking now..maybe it will happen sooner than i'm expecting. oh well, that would be kinda cool

md- i love the name xavier

jazz- how did you go having your girls so close together? would you do it any differently if you had your time again?

renee- where did you buy your dress for satc from? what colour is it?
    don't you have aldi in perth? i didn't realise that. i'm sure you'll get some soon they're very popular down here.

arte- W's sleep pattern sounds a lot like L's. it does my head in when girls at mothers group talk about their babies sleeping through!!!

Gracie, how are you managing with lots of wake-ups? I find that I can get by ok (albeit a little vague) if I go to bed at the normal time, but if I stay up late I find it too hard to get though the day. Like last week when I had friends staying and we were up until 2am playing board games (going in every hour to get W back to sleep). I had a little melt down after that, but usually I can cope alright. I hope like hell he grows out of it soon though lol It is a lot easier to cope with when co-sleeping, I couldn't do it if he was in a cot.

MD, I think I have been lucky in the boob department. They never leak, milk only comes out if W is sucking so they don't spray everywhere (I hear that that can happen), I don't feel any let-down and the midwife at the hospital commented that I had fantastic nipples for BF. I only used breastpads for a couple of months folded over the bra cup to catch W's dribbles but when he stopped dribbling during feeds I gave up on them. Your silly DH, annoying when they forget simple things that save a lot of money

Cally, is it June that you go back to work?

Marydean - you beat me too - onto your second box!!!!!!!! My poooor pooooor dh. lol.

Gracie - I wouldn't change a thing. I don't recall it being a difficult time having them so close together. My first thought when i found out i was pregnant was " how will i be able to love another child as much as Jess?" but there's plenty of love for everyone
    They are so close, and have a great time together.

For all you S&TC fans, 7.30 tonight (dont know what channel) the girls are on Oprah! Pls Maddie be asleep by 7.30 hahaha yeah right mum.

Took Maddie for her 2nd flu shot today and it went very well.

LMAO Sherie my eyes popped out at the 20 ejaculations as well!!! I can count on one hand the amount of times we have dtd since Maddie was born lol.

Renee - Nope I've never seen those aldi nappies in Perth. Slow, sleepy Perth, that'd be right hey!? What are the teething tablets that you are giving to Rory called? I need help lol, I've today spotted a new cut in the gum so no doubt our sleepless nights will be going on for a bit longer.

Leanne - Sorry to hear about Jordy. He must be so backed up, poor kid. I'm sure the doctors and nurses will look after him well, hospital is such a scary word. I'd be so sad as well. I hope you are feeling better about it.

Jazmum - Dont worry your DH isnt the only one lacking the loving I've often thought how on earth would I love another baby as much as Maddie.

Arte - I am the same with coping with the wakeups, if I go to bed early I am fine, but anything past 10 doesnt work for me. Wow at Will standing, so cute. Aww he isnt a bully he just knows what he wants. Those library sessions sound great.

Pregpan - Love the book idea, you should go for it. I am fine with Maddie being at sitting as well, I just hate it when other people say omg she isnt crawling yet, how old is she!? That makes me nervous lol. I guess we should be happy that we dont have to baby proof yet.

Gracie - I've often heard of people who put so much effort into trying to fall pregnant having trouble, due to the pressue they are putting on themselves. Whereas sometimes people who arent thinking about it, end up with a little suprise. I'm going on the pill now, but these days i'm of the mindset of if it happens again then it happens, I am happy to even have one child of my own.

Sherie - I know what you mean about childbirth, I really could do it all again to get Maddie. So worth it. But the pain for me was terrible, I feel nervous thinking about it now. I think next time around I will start to get pretty anxious close to my due date, because the first time around I really had no clue what I was in for LOL.

Oh bum must go ladies, sorry for the lack of personals, but Maddie has woken! I'll try get back on tonight for more.

Hey Girls,

Well I dont really know too much about the procedure all I know so far is they are putting a tube though his nose down to his belly and putting in fluid like the movicol but a bit stronger. We are now booked to go on the 5th June. One of us can stay with him over night he will be in for a few days so far. The Movicol was working but began to get harder and harder to give it to him. He hates the stuff. He is really blocked up so the Dr wants to clean him out and start from sratch and train his bowel to empty normally. I still feel terrible but Its the best thing for him.

Ok so it will soon be 1 month till my boys turn 3 and I have started to prepair for a party. I have sent out invitations and now have a food list. This year its going to be a Cars Theme. with lighting McQueen Cake and decorations. OMG they are turning 3. Time is going way too fast.

Hayley- I am glad the flu shot for Maddie went well.
    MD- Xavier what a wonderful name.
    Jazmum- We are on to our 2nd Box too. Although the first box had 12 in and the second box I bought had 24 in and DH took a look at it and said well are you planning on some action. lol...
    Art- How have you been feeling. I hope you have had some sleep.
    Renee- Have fun at your mothers group tomorrow.

Sorry any one I have miss but I am still trying to get though all the post.

Hello to all and Sweet Dreams

hayley- i'm watching oprah right now
    lewis isn't crawling yet either and i do get a little miffed at mothers group when we chuck all the babies on the ground and lewis is the only one that doesn't MOVE!!! he just sits there waiting for some other crawling baby to come past and drop a toy for him to grab lmao!!

jaz- i've had the exact same thought. i don't know how i could ever love anyone the way i love lewis. it's overwhelming. i mean, i love dp, but it's different you know? i'm glad to hear you love #2 just as much. that makes me want a bfp right now!!!

arte- i don't know how i'm coping with the wake ups. i guess i just don't get as stressed about it as i used to when i was working. it doesn't affect me in the same way when i'm not working iykwim? i seem to have changed and adjusted a lot too though. i don't know what i'd do if i wasn't co-sleeping too. atm dp is sleeping in the spare room and lewis and i are in the main bed together, as dp is doing 10 hour days.

Gracie - My DP often moves to the bed in the spare room as well on those horrible nights with Maddie. He does long hrs at work too so I dont mind at all. However I do expect him to pull his weight if need be on Sun & Mon nights as I work the next day!

Leemar - How has he managed to get himself so backed up? Do they just forget to go at that age or what happens? Must be so painful!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast