Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #35

Thanks for the sippy cup suggestions girls. I'm going sippy cup shopping tomorrow! I'm planning on starting with water and maybe a bit of apple juice and then eventually she'll hopefully take her milk in it too.

Is anyone elses bubs slowly cutting out milk feeds? Maddie seems to get by on 3 feeds a day now, one in the morning, one around lunch/early arvo & a bed time bottle. However I often wonder if I feed her too much solids, she has 3 meals a day but I worry as some days she will have custard and then yoghurt. Is that too much sugar for a baby? Feeling a bit paranoid today lol.

Poor Mads had her first accident at daycare today. She was bitten on her leg by another child, so sad he must have bitten hard as you can see the bite mark still. When the carer told me I kind of brushed it off iykwim as I figure its the first of many bites & accidents with other kids, but now I'm wondering if I should have kicked up more of a fuss?

Jazmum - Glad the CC is getting better. How did you go last night, wake up next to DH?

Rainforest - Are mums bringing their sick kids to mums group? Always a pain isnt it. I dread daycare due to the bugs M brings home.

Noni - Well if thats the way your DP feels, make him do it and see how well he does lol. Besides I'm sure he thinks you are a great mum, sometimes men just dont know how to tell you. If he's anything like my DP who doesnt express his feelings very well anyway! My DP a few weeks ago said to M, 'you have a great mum M who looks after you well' and I was like...wow it was so nice to hear that coming from you iykwim.

Leemar - Ah sick again, stupid winter. Hope the boys are better soon. How is Olivia?

Arte - Can you just keep your dog inside and put her out for inspections? Could they find out?

last night dp and i had a fight because i said i was finding it hard and needed more support he basically said to me that it was my fault because he told me when we talked about having a baby he didnt think he was ready... you should have seen me go off at that point.. dp has a way of blurting things out when hes angry and making them sound ten times worse than what he means!!! he went on to say that hes useless and dosntg know anything about how to look after dd, what she needs to eat or what kind of nappy she should be in and i got really mad because he was in my opinion trying to get out of all responsibility with her.. i always help him when he needs to do something with her! i feel really trapped coz i have had max 4 hours away from asha since she was born and after all that i dont feel confident i could ask dp to watch her while i went out or something without him losing it over what he should feed her for dinner ughhhh... no matter how many times i show him something or tell him something it just dosnt stick.. i dont get it!! anyway...
    had another nightmare night last night.. i think if i was getting more sleep id be handling things better.. dp dosnt get that either he says things to me like shes just a baby she dosnt understand you want to sleep in.. he misses the point completely!! he dosnt even wake up when she cries at night!!! i think hes depressed buti dont feel like i can help him atm because i am only just coping too neither of us are the kinda ppl inclined to go get some councelling or see a dr either which makes it hard...

mm - asha only has 3 bottles a day as well rarely she will have 4 depending on what shes eaten.. custard and then yoghurt as a meal i would say is probably too much sugar i generally give a meal and then a custard or yoghurt (tho we are off yoghurt and milk atm due to it upsetting her stomach).. i wouldnt worry about the bite at daycare, unless it happens again which might say that the carers arent paying enough attention to who bites and who to keep them away from as to who they are likely to bite if they have bitten them before iykwim? i used to work in childcare and its always very quick and hard to stop those things happening.. theres always a biter or two in every class!!!
    arte - how funny the day you got the sleep book he slept better!!! i should order one i think!!! i would just have the dog inside and out for inspections (as someone else suggested) they give u a few days notice for inspections dont they?
    rain - i am the same with being alone in the house at night.. dps gonna be home really late tonight because he is working late and then has soccer training i am not looking forward to it!!
    leanne - sorry to hear the boys are sick again

gonna go to the shops today.. get out of the house for a while. pay day today and theres lots of things we need so... its about a 40min walk there and 40mins back so it should give me something nice to do plus ive been sitting round eating too much lately so i really need the excersise haha.. anyways best be off i have a stack of washing to get through before i go!!

Rain- i have 2 mothers groups too! Single white female. *insert spooky music* i would NEVER stay here by myself at night. I'm a super scardy cat too!

MM- i think childcare injuries are inevitable, especially with toddlers. I think you did the right thing. It is good to know what happened, but there isn't alot you can do. It only takes two seconds for a kid to bite. A friends toddler bit Lu and we were both sitting there watching them, it happened so quickly there was no way i could have stopped it. I give Lu a plain Jalna yoghurt with no sugar. Some times i mix pear or apple through it. That would help reduce her sugar if you still wanted to give her custard and yoghurt. Lu is on about 4 feeds in 24hrs. Sometimes 3, sometimes 5!

Nonie- if you seriously think he is depressed, then things will only get worse unless he gets some help. I too have only spent about 4 hours away from Lu since she was born. But i guess that has been my choice. It is hard sometimes, especially when you are tired, things seem to get a little out of perspective. Sorry i don't know what to say except i hope you get a bit of support and some more sleep.

Arte- thanks for the info on the nuts. I do get a bit nervous about anaphalaxis, it is a scary reaction. A friend and her partner have no allergies what so ever and their son is allergic to nuts and eggs, i guess that makes me a bit cautious.
    That's a bit rough about the dog, they should have told you 5 months ago.

Lu did 6.30 - 6.30 with no boob. WOOT! She did need a pat twice, but good ol' DH did it, so i didn't get out of bed all night.
    My little performing seal also waves and claps on command these days. Isn;t funny how we get so proud of a tiny little thing like a wave!

morning ladies

ange - what a great sleep Lu had! that's fantastic.(and so nice of your dh to get up to her)

noni- could you maybe do up a poster and stick it on the fridge - just so he knows what he needs to do. My dh is the same - while he is a fantastic father and helpful most of the time, he doesn't know all of the ins and outs of Hannah's routine. He wouldn't know what to feed her , and that is partly my fault because i just do it. He doesn't know which clothes to put her in after a bath - my fault again because i don't have one particular spot for pj's. (might rectify that problem today lol) I hope you get some decent sleep soon , it's much easier to discuss things that are bothering you when you're not tired.

mm - hannah is now down to 3 breastfeeds a day - and she just loves her food.
    poor little M getting bitten. I would start to get concerned if it happened again - how old is the eldest child in her class?

rainy - poor little Lewis getting sick again Are the groups you go to part of Playgroup Australia or just friends that you meet with?

We had a bad night last night. Hannah is getting sick again and was so restless. I slept on a mattress beside her cot, and i'm pretty sure i didn't get more than an hour in a row - which means she's incredibly tired too. I think her throat is sore - because she didn't really eat her brekky - so extra boobie juice today i think.

eta - meant to ask - can i freeze the carrot and zucchini slice?

Hi Girls,

Jazmum- Poor H I hope she gets better
    Noni- I agree with Jazmum- put a poster on the fridge I know I use to when the boys where bubba's. Oh I still put all the kids cloths out for DH.
    Falguni- WTG Lu let hope it happens again to night... my fingers are crossed.
    MM- Olivia is down to 3 bottles a day.

Well we had a ok night last night so I think we are on the mend well that was till I took X back to the Dr for his ear checkup. His grommets are nearly out but he still has fluid which he called glue ear so it may be just because of his virus atm so we are going for a hearing test in 3wks and then if its not good he is putting some more grommets in that will last for 18months. He said that his middle ear canel is imature still but he should get better as he gets older.

Hello to everyone

Big huge and exciting news here!!! My Baby is now a TODDLER!!!!! I can safely say now that he is walking more than crawling and he thinks he is soooo cool too LOL.

Had my appt with my Dr today following the scan and all is well - the 'cyst' was just a remnant of ovulation so while it is techinically a cyst, he said it is nothing to worry about and will go away on its own. As for the other cycle problems I am having, he said when I go back in 2mths for a pap smear, he will refer me for blood tests then if I don't feel that things are normal for me. I took ALister with me though as he jammed his finger last week and the nail is starting to come off, but it is all pussy underneath the nail, so we weren't sure if he would need abs or not - luckily he doesn't, just to clean with betadine. He also has eczema on his bum and not the pox virus, so we have stuff for that too. Poor little fella.

Leanne, hugs for you hun - its been a long winter for you with the kids being ill.

Hello to everyone else

leanne - poor X It's worrying when they're sick isn't it. I hope the hearing test gives him the all clear.
    sherie - yay for A being a toddler (i think lol) That's great that your appointment today went well. Thank goodness you don't need to have the LAP surgery.

Trillian - Congratulations on your toddler, I'm amazed at all these walking babies at such a young age! Glad to hear your little problem turned out to be minor. Pap smear...ohh that reminds me!

Leemar - Good luck with X's ears, always horrible having to wait to find out what needs to be done.

Jazmum - So sorry to hear about your horrible night, H being sick isnt helping with your teaching of self settling. How is she now, is she eating? A sore throat is not nice. Hope you can get some decent sleep tonight. I'm not entirely sure how old the oldest child in M's class is. Apparently this child is a known biter, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed it wont happen again. Next time I wont be so ok about it iykwim. Although I understand that these things happen with kids. I think you should be able to freeze the slice?

Falguni - Thats excellent sleeping!! Yay! Very nice of your DH.

Noni - Yep I agree if he is depressed he should get help sooner rather than later. I like Jazmum's idea of a poster. My DP is a great dad but not too good with the hands on stuff as well, so dont worry you arent the only one. I know how frustrating it can be at times.

Well I went to the shops today and forgot the sippy cup. Also forgot to buy milk, and I only just realised when I was making a potato bake & went to the fridge for milk...bum.
    I'm hoping Maddie is easy to settle tonight as i need to organise all the paperwork for our tax return!!

Hello gorgeous ladies,

just a quick hello from me, I am buggered tonight.

Trillian congrats on your clever little man walking.

Noni to you, you sound like you need a break. Sounds like we all have DP's like yours, they are great dad's but dont know all the finer details, so at least your not alone.

Hopefully I will have some time to catch up tomorrow. A big hello to everyone.

BTW whats happened to Queenie, Agnes and Fianne lately?

hey everyone
    ashas currently ditched the spoon and is eating weet bix with her hands lol yuk ive got some mess to clean!!!
    wow all these babies walking.. my friends bub is starting to walk too at only 10mths poor asha is a way off yet!!!
    asha slept much better last night.. she was still in our bed but not as much waking.. taking her to the drs today because of nappy rash grrrr.. she justcant get rid of it and when i went to the medical centre yesterday they perscribed me something that when i looked into it said it shouldnt be used on broken skin and preferably not on babies WTF?? needa see my dr today because he actually listens to me!
    anyways i gotta go coz i gotta clean up this mess and get us both ready for when my mum is coming to take us...
    big hellos to everyone and sorry about the lack of personals lately..

Hi everyone!

Noni, it could be a fungal thing on her bottom and not ordinary nappy rash. have you tried some nappy free time to see how it goes in helping the area to dry out enough to put cream on? I hope you can work something out with your DP - you have a lot on your plate ATM hun

Jaz, how is H today?

H, I wanted to get A a new sippy cup yesterday when I was in woolies, but my god there are so many to choose from these days. And so exxie too! Who pays nearly $20 for a cup?! I have a heap here, but they are't really suitable as a first sippy cup kwim? They are more for older toddlers. Re your Q about milk feeds - A still has 5 bottles a day so he has only dropped the one, but he still only has breakkie and lunch and no snacks late in the arvo as it still affects his sleep at night to eat late in the day.

Katie hello! I hope you got a decent sleep last night so you aren't so tired today.

Not much on here. Will be out again later as L has a sleep over birthday party to go to today. A's bottom looks a lot better since I've been putting the sigmacort on it so that's good - I reckon it was making him wake up at night.

Hi Girls,

Well we had and excellent night last night with all 3 babies sleeping all night. So I had some much needed sleep. Olivia is much better now and the boys temps seem to be all gone. Now just have to deal with X's Ears and Jordy's poo (which by the way is great atm) i am secretly hoping Jordy is now all fixed but dont want to jinx myself. Being a mum is my greatest and most rewarding challenge in life and with the lows there is way more highs. I hope that made sense... sort of giving myself a pep talk as I am running on empty atm. Ok now Ifeel better.

Sherie- WTG A congratulations on being a toddler... And thats great news from the dr.
    Noni- Olivia is not walking either and still only has 2 teeth... Good luck at the dr today

Re tax- no big payout for us. DH has to pay due to his bonus putting him in the next tax bracket and his work didnt accomodate that. as for me my return will pay for our tax getting done and DH bill. oh well thats the least of my worries atm.

Hayley- I always forget stuff when I am at the shops.

Hello to everyone

sherie - the rash is fungal.. hydrozole kinda started to clear it up but ive been through two tubes of it now to no success and the dr perscribed me a full on steroid which i am a bit worried about.. going to my dr this morning because he will actually listen to me and not accuse me of not changing her nappy grrrr!!! i do give her nappy free time not sure why it wont go away wow 5 bottles a day ashas only having 3 lol but she eats more than i do!!! lol
    leanne - bummer about the tax.. atleast yours will cover the bill tho so u wont be out of pocket.. glad all the babies are getting better and u managed to have some sleep!

Congrats on you ur toddler Trillian. Clever little man! Can you tell me more about food disrupting A's sleep? I try and give Lu a big dinner to fill her tum to help her sleep, maybe i'm not helping at all though???

Leemar- what a dream all 3 sleeping through!

Off for an immunisation.

JaZaH - quick stop the self-settling training until H is feeling better! Which I'm sure you have since you spent the night on the floor. Our E is sick with a nasty cold too, everyone else has it but she has it the worst. She has a nasty little cough. So far we're doing Dimetapp, keeping the heating turned up overnight, Fess, Snot sucker and even Baby Balsalm, which she really likes. Also my ebay grobag arrived yesterday, have washed it and it's ready to go so that will keep her nice and snug when she wriggles.

Well it's our Anniversary today (16 yrs) and lucky for me there was some stuff up with DH's travel arrangements which basically means we score and extra day together! It does your freakin head in though, you can't even rely on a set departure day/time let alone a return day/time. But it will be a weird day cos I was in countdown mode yesterday and will be doing it all again today.

Trill - YAY for your little toddler! I bet he looks sooooo cute toddling around so pleased with himself. BTW I paid a ridiculous amt for Avent cups but I did it because a) they attach direct to my breast pump and b) you can use them with bottle teats, soft spouts, harder spouts etc, and I thought it's better to keep the cup and change the spout as necessary then keep buying new ones. Last time round I just had these $2 cups that were fantastic but I just couldn't find them anywhere this time! I bet first shop I walk into in Adel will have them (crazy shops here!!).

I found another box under the house yesterday with some books and this excellent sit-on-bouncy donkey toy we bought a few years back at the op shop. Had completely forgotten it was there! Also V.pleased because I've been searching high and low for the Fluffy Yellow Ducklings book (H's favorite) and it was in this box. Does any one else have Fluffy Yellow Ducklings?? Highly recommended!

Noni, don't worry about the steroidal cream as it should work very quickly, if it doesn't you can go back to the drs. I feel better knowing I'm only using a medicine for a few days rather than a longer period.
    BTW I agree with JaZaHs suggestion of a poster on the fridge/her bedroom wall with instructions (and pictures) if needed. Break it down into steps. It's not hard, it's his fear of getting it wrong that stops him, but really, provided baby is safe, there is no such thing as "wrong" is there.

BTW Everyone I heard from Queenie and she's going well, S is sitting and grabbing and rolling so very exciting there! It sounds like they had some horrible sleep deprivation times but that's going better too now.

MM, for my own peace of mind I would be asking the CC what their usual response is to a biting incident, and also how they intend to manage it if happens again. It's a way of raising the issue without making a big thing about it - you just want to know but by asking them, they will be aware it's something that's on your radar too.

OK, well I'd better go, gotta supervise DH trimming my rose bushes or there will be nothing left at all.

MD- HAPPY ANNIVERSARY
    hope you and DH have a wonderful day... Good luck with the rose bushes...
    falguni- Good luck lu with needles today

Hello to katie
    MD- good to hear Queenie is ok

hello there!
    MD so glad Queenie is OK, I have missed her and thought of her a lot. I hope she comes back in here sometime soon....
    Glad Dh is staying for the anniversary - that worked out well.... and soon the countdown is on til he will be on his way back.. positive thinking!!
    Sherie - woo hoo on the toddling - gorgeous. My N is still to crawl...but is doing loads of other gorgeous things...
    MM - i would ask them re the biting, kind of like MD suggested... that said I STILL havent said anything about the treats at FDC, I have just been packing so much food there is no way he could fit any treats in!!
    Noni - leave him instructions - Dh is v v good and hands on but i left step by step instructions (and even packed all the food with labels, put out outfits etc etc) when i went away and i know he appreiated it, and it all wend smoothly.
    Well i had my 1st onighter away for work on tue night and it went well. DH is so happy that he managed it all and N slept ok - had one bad settling session in the middle of the night but aside from that it was good. DH is a lot more confident now abotu it all... which he will have to be as i will have to keep doing the oight trips. he def has a new appreciation for all i manage to juggle i think. it was actually nice in some ways to be away - i went for dinner and drinks on the eve with 6 of my girls there and that was a good feeling - to go to work in clean corporate clothes and then head out for a night... all good. i missed N so much over the 2 days though and i was bursting to get home (literally as a breast pump malfunction made expressing v hard!!) yest eve. i thoght i woudl have the BEST sleep - and i did sleep more than usual i guess but i was awake wondering how he was etc a lot fo the night.
    Well i made upa salmon pattie recipe with sweet pots for N this morning - i cooked them before work - and FDC lady just told me he loves them... so here is the recipe for anyone interested... i am loving the whole pattie idea - he wolfs them down...
    1 large tin red salmon (remove all bones and flake)
    400g sweet pot and 100g pot - mashed
    1.5 slices bread - crumbed
    1 egg beaten
    1 bunch parsley finely chopped

Mix all together and make into balls - i think i made about 14
    put in fridge for about 30 mins
    coat in extra crumbs (so prob make 2-3 sices into crumbs)
    lightly pan fry in oliveoil and butter mix

yumm... i have frizen some so he can have them every few days...
    i bettre make some more of jazmums chicken patties too as he loved them!

clare - how was wollongong - what did you decide?

MD, I am so glad you got to have your anniversary together before your DH goes away. Well done on finding 'lost' treasures, we have found a whole heap of cool stuff we didn't remember having when we got all our gear from storage lol Glad to hear Queenie is o.k.

Prepan, **** you cook before work!!!!! I feel like a complete slob compared to how much you pack into a day!

Trill, yay(ish) for your little toddler! I am thinking my next bub won't walk until it is 2 lol, W is always on the move.

Noni, I have only left W with DH for 3 hours at the longest. He is a great dad, but like the others finds it a bit hard to do the practical baby stuff like dressing and feeding. I get the clothes ready, last night I took the dog for a walk and forgot so DH dressed him back in the same clothes he had worn all day.

Leanne, yay for all three sleeping! you are a great mum.

Thank goodness today is payday, we were seriously looking like we were going to have weet-bix for tea lol DH gets paid monthly and it all seems to disappear in the first couple of weeks. I got petrol with our last $4 the other day, it wasn't even 2 litres and the petrol light stayed on lol It is embarrassing getting a stupid amount like that but I was in the next town and didn't think I would make it home.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast