... 34567 ...

thread: Babies Born ~ July 2012 #1

2014 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

Mar 2008
    Vic

Ash - How's the attachment going?

Maruschke - How's things at home? Hope you've settled in beautifully.

Mel - How's DD settling for you? DD1 had mild reflux and I was able to eradicate it by removing garlic and onion from my diet. It was astounding how much it helped. Hope the recovery from the sniped tongue tie is quick

Nay - DD1 did the blood vomiting, it was awful. Hugs to you. Hope the feeding marathon calms down and you get some sleep.

k4t - Our babies share a birthday! My DD was born in the early hours of the morning on the 24th.

cmkm - Any day now hun...

I think I've doubled up on my replies....lol. Getting really tired. Trying to stay up for the last feed, probably in about an hour. Plus DH is out and he didn't take his house keys Otherwise we're still cruising along here. MCHN came to visit today, she was here for all of five minutes. DD2 has gained 300g on her birth weight, monster feeder that she is. No wonder the weight is falling off me! I have an extremely fast let down and she is coping with it, it's unbelievable. DD1 has really turned the corner now after a rocky start. She runs to DD2 if she's upset, chats to her, hugs her. It's beautiful. We're in what feels like our normal routine already. We came home on Saturday, DH went back to work on Tuesday and the girls and I are just doing our thing. Haven't ventured out further than the park on our own yet, but I think we'll be out and about again next week sometime, tiredness permitting!

Sep 2007
    Brisbane

Doing the 2 am - 3 am feed-cuddle-feed-cuddle routine ATM. Sleep child, sleep!

Mar 2011
    Brisbane's Southside

Hi ladies - sorry I haven't been replying much - usually catching up by reading during a feed but I'm too unco to multitask enough to reply one handed lol.

I don't have any of you on Facebook - my name is Ashleigh San.ft if anyone wants to add me

Maruschke - congratulations on being home!!! - I had the same routine happening here at 2am and gave up by popping her into bed next to me - I swear she knows when I've given up and just falls straight to sleep!

Mel - I hope your girls have recovered well from their tongue snip - I can imagine it was horrible to watch! How's their feeding going now?

PRMG - we had only been to the park a few times in the first two weeks as well apart from me sitting in the car for school drop off - I think it worked well to get my confidence up before we ventured out on our own. I've really been enjoying watching my DD1 getting used to being a big sister - she sings her lullabies whenever she starts to get fussy - its so lovely having them help and care for the little ones. I've really noticed that I'm dropping the weight too - I've lost 18kgs since the day before I went into labour - seems like a lot!!

K4t - for your teary day - DD2 had some issues getting back to birth weight - they say that they should reach it by 14 days and DD2 only just made it. Since then though I can see her getting chubbier so I think some babies just wait a little longer before gaining all that extra weight. I hope you're feeling better!

Naomi - I hope your feeding frenzy ended soon lol DD2 doesn't seem to cluster feed - I hope I'm not missing something!

Cmkm - thinking of you lovely - cant wait to see your birth announcement soon!

Afm - I've got the attachment working perfectly on one side - it is sooooooo nice to feed her on that side now lol but the other side is a different story! Righty has cracks on one side of where the nipple joins and it is so painful - I can't seem to get it healing between feeds and, because I don't have a pump, am a bit worried about trying to skip a feed to give it more time. I've been changing her position on that side heaps and haven't been able to get her on without it hurting the entire feed - at least it's not bleeding anymore though!

We bought ourselves a carrier the other day because I was getting nervous holding her all the time and I haven't fallen in love with my fancy pram at all. The carrier is so good - its lovely having her curled up on my belly.

I was supposed to get some baby shots done yesterday by a friend but she stood me up - not happy! I'm feeling worried that she is getting bigger and I haven't got my photos done yet - well I've got lots because I am majorly trigger happy lol but no professional ones hopefully ill organise to get some done next week (by someone who will actually show up!)

Hope you're all feeling good and enjoying their babymoons

Sep 2008
    Adelaide

Gosh, I've had the most tiring 24 hours. From about 4pm yesterday DD was on and off the breast constantly, I finally got her down about 9pm, but after her next feed I struggled to get her down again, finally I just took her to bed with me about 2am and we slept until 5am, she then settled back in her bassinet, but after her next feed was just cap napping and feeding on and off all day. After trying everything I finally had a brainwave to give her a warm bath - it was the magic tonic and she's back in her 4 hourly routine. We had pizza on Thurs night, and I am thinking maybe the onion etc might have unsettled her after reading PRMGs earlier post? I might keep a food diary if it happens again

Has anyone taken their baby to a chiro? I have heard really good things. As DD is a bit spewy and shot out so quick at birth, I am thinking it might be a good idea to have a visit, I have heard nothing but good things from friends who have had spewy etc newborns and done this - although I am not sure exactly how the chiro might treat a newborn.

Ash - have added you on FB

Off to bed for me, I need to catch up on the sleep I lost last night! Will post properly tomorrow

Nay

May 2007
    Otago, NZ

N - oh I hear you, yesterday from 5pm to 11.30pm, we had either one or both girls eating or demanding food. I have a question about increased demand for bf - does it affect lochia? Yesterday, I was getting wicked cramps and when i got up for this feed, bleeding VERY heavily. We have the mw coming in the morning which is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 2008
    Adelaide

Mel - yep feeding definitely does, the release of hormones as you feed helps contract the uterus back to its normal size, hence the increase on lochia while feeding. I've noticed this time the after pains or contractions have been really painful which is apparently normal for second pregnancies, however my belly has shrunk a bit quicker this time too

Aug 2009
    Back in the bush Capital

Ash, have added you on fb.

Atticus has been awake two hours and counting. Getting seriously tired of being awake between the hours if about 2:40-5:30 EVERY NIGHT. don't know how to change it but doing my head in.

Will try to be back later for persies, sorry I'm such a slack baby buddy, I read all day in my phone but rarely get on the iPad or computer to actually respond, but know that I'm keeping up and thinking of you lovely ladies all the time xx

cmkm, hope you're going okay love and get to join us soon xx I know the pain and frustration of overdue babies all too well

2013 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

Sep 2011

Yawn! My first decent sleep in days today. After DD cried for 2 hours straight DH took her out for walk while I napped. Once she got back she was still grizzling but then fed and slept soundly in bed with me for 4 hours - had to wake her to feed as my boobs were feeling uncomfortably full for the first time ever.

What sort of sleeping arrangements do you all have? I'm not happy about sleeping with DD in my bed - no matter how I move pillows and doonas it just doesn't seem safe iykwim. But I'm prepared to accept it for now because if I insisted on getting her into her bassinet next to me for every sleep I don't think either of us would get more than an hour or two a day. DH is spending at least half the night on an inflatable mattress upstairs so he can get enough sleep to work/study.

Well if I can get her into her bassinet now I'm off to pump. Boobs are still not empty.

2013 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

Sep 2011

PS didn't quite manage persies but I hear you about marathon feeding sessions. Yesterday we had two 4 hour sleeps and the rest of the day almost constant feeding.

I hope your nipple settle down Ash. The scabs have almost coming off mine and I'm feeling sooo much better now. DD still attaches much better on one side than the other but I've just learnt to be really picky insisting that she gets it right or we try again or have a 5min break.

Mar 2011
    Brisbane's Southside

We've had a pretty rough night here - its seems DD1 has picked up something and woke up really sick at 1am - poor little thing! As well as that Bethany decided to feed every hour and a half all night long and only sleep for about 15 minutes at the time.

I am SOOO tired - hoping a nice hot breakfast will make me feel human again lol

Nice to have you both on Facebook - you're boys are so adorable Lise and I love all your newborn shots Nay!

Aug 2009
    Back in the bush Capital

k4t, DS2 sleeps half the night in his bassinet ( until about 2ish) and the rest of the night IN MY ARMS in bed! I would much prefer he sleep in his bassinet but I also accept that if I want any sleep this is how it has to be for now. I think as long as you follow some basic guidelines then it can be safe, sounds like you're doing all the right things.

Ash, Bethany is gorgeous, so much hair!!! How is DD1 enjoying being a big sister? DS2 also prefers one side so we have the same issues here trying to ensure he attaches correctly on the left. Hope you get a chance to rest up today Ash, I know I'll be having a sleep if both boys sleep st the same time.

DS1 is on here, bbl for more persies xx

Aug 2009
    Back in the bush Capital

Nay, I've also heard good things about chiropractors though haven't used one myself. I did take DS1 to an osteo for his reflux when he was little (about 4 months I think when he started) and that was great. Not sure what a chiro would do but the osteo just held ds in certain positions - sounds weird but worked! I'm trying to make an appointment for ds2. I should add ds1 had a traumatic birth which the osteo could guess without me having to mention it first! Hope you have a more restful day today xx

Ds1 is back so I'll be back again!!

Aug 2009
    Back in the bush Capital

Mel, what a champ you are for feeding your two girls! I think most people would agree its hard work feeding one so good on you!

Maruschke, how lovely for you to have dd2 at home, must be so much easier (apart from the long middle of the night feeds!).

PRMG, hope you can work out what is causing dd to be unsettled. I should keep a food diary too, it's a good idea. You're so good getting out of the house with both girls! I still haven't driven after my c-section and dh is still home in the days ds isn't in care so I haven't gone anywhere alone with the boys. I'm dreading dh going back to work full time, ds1 is VERY full on and testing the boundaries big time as a normal two year old anyway without adding a new baby into the mix and a mummy who can't pick him up. DS2 takes such an age to feed and settle (I have to get him to sleep in my arms before I can transfer to his bassinet) that I'm really worried about the chaos and destruction DS1 will inflict when my attention is diverted...

Well that's as far back as I can go on my phone, plus you're all probably sick of my hundred posts! Will try to stay on top now I've mostly caught up
    Last edited by lise; August 5th, 2012 at 08:43 AM. : Spelling!

Sep 2007
    Brisbane

Very tiring night here, back for persies later. DD2 did all her 4-5 hour stretches during the day and 2 hourly at night. Sooo not used to that. And I have the flu .

Ash I added you to FB, initials are CH.

Back later.

Sep 2008
    Adelaide

Maruschke - have added you too my last name is Gra.etz

Sep 2007
    Brisbane

Nawww I see gorgeous newborns .

Aug 2009
    Back in the bush Capital

Maruschke, hope you feel better soon, and hope you get some rest xx have also added you on FB - last name for.man

Sep 2007
    Brisbane

Now I see Atticus! So cute .

... 34567 ...