Default Babies born ~ November 16th-30th 2009 #6

This thread is for parents whose baby was born November 16th ~ 30th 2009

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-

Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Nelle ~ Senior Moderator
    Onyx ~ Senior Moderator
    MistyFying ~ Senior Moderator
    Olive~Senior Moderator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

The previous thread is here.

Please note - To receive thread notifications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Last edited by Olive; July 24th, 2010 at 03:57 PM.

bahahaha you girls are silly

Thought Id better check in here lol...
    Just quietly, I love it now V can crawl she follows me all over the house and doesnt whinge as much. She takes ages to get to me though and then I have to move again lol she is getting lots of exercise lol

xxxx

Natty - I'm being chased around the house too, but he's still commando (dragging himself with one arm) so really slow. He whinges as he goes though and when I move away the whinging increases!

Just checking in! I am home alone again tonight Boo hoo for Dh on night shift!! OMG Natty I saw V's crawling video - Soooooooooooooooo damn cute!!! Love you all, will check in on the FB thread too but holy, you girls write alot, if I go a whole day without having a peek in there, I am lost! xx

hi!
    trying to get harper to sleep too. shayna- im feelin ya. hope the abster is being kind to you. exhaustion is awful.
    i have to get my butt into gear to organise our spare room so we can put harps in the cot in there. im just too lazy to get to it and am putting up with the long feed all night sessions. i love that she sleeps when we co sleep every night but id love to sleep properly. you know?
    like you never sleep soundly when they are by you.
    plus i'd like some lovin too wink wink
    x madame x

Haha Snowy, I saw a friends baby doing the dragging thing too but she was holding a plastic hammer too and it looked like a scene from a horror flick lol..

Oh Thanks Alicia it does take me a while to upload a lot of them but its handy seeing as all the fam are a long way away, it kind of helps them feel included...Oh and also I get to show off haha! And might I also add that MR Cruise is ssooooooo good looking I can see why Amelia has a crush lol. How is the study going?

Dont have time for lovin here Madame haha it would be nice if dh made me dinner Id think about it....

xx

Hi Girls - Feeling a bit flat today, not sure if I'm coming down with a cold or what, yesterday I woke up with a sore throat and while that's gone I just feel completely sapped and so tired. I've got fuzziness in my eyes which I had just after having Amelia, wonder if it's because I'm tired. It's horrible though, only in one eye, same one as before! I'm also ovulating so not sure if hormones are related, I always feel crap when I'm ovulating, some months worse than others, does anybody else get pain and tiredness when they ovulate? Anyway, off to do some food shopping when Amelia wakes, god I hate food shopping!

hey ladies

hows things??
    anyone in here at all lately?
    i still havent seen af yet, but poas are atill bfn. Im 8 days late now..........who knows. have been feeling a little nauseous though.
    Tully turns the big 2 on tuesday and we cant wait!
    got most of my xmas and birthday shopping done yesterday at target toy sale. duplo sets and little people and some play food and stuff. Also an outdoor playhouse for the kiddies for summer
    love m x

Hi Madame.....I think everyone's too busy conversing on Facebook! lol 8 days late and no AF........aaah those darn BFN's......you must be pregnant, keep poas'ing and you'll get it, I can feel it in my bones! The Target sale has some great stuff huh, I got a couple of things yesterday too, I just love that Little People stuff, what a great idea. You can buy so many add on things which makes for great presents people can buy and it's not all expensive either! Amelia is going to be very spoilt this birthday/Christmas, I have bought quite a bit from all the sales lately ha ha ha, my fave being the Little Tikes car I got her from Toys R Us the other day, yay! xx

Default Babies born ~ November 16th-30th 2009 #6

Hey Sarah.. Remember your dates were all screwed with Harper and you ended up being heaps earlier than what you first thought? Maybe that's what happening here?? I dunno.. It's weird!
    Wow the big 2 hey!? Is he excited?? Gosh he is such a beautiful little boy!
    I was thinking of going to the toy sale but I hate shopping at the best of times, let alone when there is a flamin toy sale on!!!

Oh yes, Happy Birthday Tully!!!! How exciting.

Hello Ladies

how is everyone!! I nearly lost the tread again, lucky I checked in when I did.

I think your right Ali we are all busy on FB!!

Ali, thanks for your gorgeous words on the other tread.

we are all home sick, what ever the kids have they have passed on to me, made me miss my personal training today! boo hoo!! hehe

so is anyone trying again as yet ? me I am thinking after Xmas!!!

hope everyone is well.
    xxx

You are more than welcome, I meant every word! Sorry you are sick, booo, is it a cold? Hope you're all well again soon beautiful. Oh and me too, we are thinking end of year. It would be so lovely if some of us could share the journey all over again together don't you think! I get a bit nervous about the whole possible 2 year only age gap, people think I'm crazy when I tell them but I just keep hoping that I get another baby like Amelia and I should be right.......unless she turns into an absolute s/head when she hits the terrible two's ha ha. My mum told me other than a few tanties that come with the territory she didn't find us difficult at all around that age, she said it has a lot to do with how you bring them up, I hope that's true ha ha ha.

Hi Huni, yes a bit of a cold hoping it goes away fast as I hate it to play with my fitness I have worked so hard to get after Anton! thanks sweeties your to kind!! end of year is soon, I am thinking after xmas as I want to enjoy summer slim and in a swim suit for a change, trying to tone up as much as I can, as my trainier said it will help with another bubba!! better than the flab i had with both bubbas before! hehe it would be fantastic if we could all share the journey again!!

I don't think your crazy a 2 year gap would be good, thats what I wanted, It just didnt' happen, so we have a 3 year gap! next baby will be a 2 year gap maybe for us! speaking from experience, I have had to good babies in a row so there is no saying you won't get another good one Ali, I also think the tantrums are harder from 3 on wards and they have a mouth and really learn how to use it!! Bella is such a bossy butts and always in my face these days!!! sometimes I wish for the baby days back when I was boss!! haha

off for a run, have a wonderful day gorgeous girl, see you FB later

Quote Originally Posted by Alison1973 View Post
    You are more than welcome, I meant every word! Sorry you are sick, booo, is it a cold? Hope you're all well again soon beautiful. Oh and me too, we are thinking end of year. It would be so lovely if some of us could share the journey all over again together don't you think! I get a bit nervous about the whole possible 2 year only age gap, people think I'm crazy when I tell them but I just keep hoping that I get another baby like Amelia and I should be right.......unless she turns into an absolute s/head when she hits the terrible two's ha ha. My mum told me other than a few tanties that come with the territory she didn't find us difficult at all around that age, she said it has a lot to do with how you bring them up, I hope that's true ha ha ha.

Yes it is soon and I'm a bit the same, have been slack with my weight loss and still have a good 3 kgs to lose, I really should get my butt into gear, I want to be a little fitter and slimmer before falling pregnant again, although I got pregnant not long after getting married and I'd spent the 4 months prior to that with a personal trainer so I think I was in pretty good shape anyway! Started Zumba on Monday nights, loving it, should do it twice a week but can't find the time....the other night is when DH plays indoor cricket so I can't and the other days don't suit. Well, this week I'm stocked up on salad ingredients and I'm going to try and eat much better and not sneak in that chocolate. Thanks for the advice, I don't feel so bad about the 2 year gap then, 3 sounds like an interesting time ha ha ha!. Have a great weekend and hope you're better soon.

Hi chickadees!

Well I have put Abbey in her cot awake for her 3 sleeps today / tonight and havent heard boo from her while she's drifting off....fingers crossed this keeps working! She whinged at her lunchtime sleep but DH just went in and put her dummy back in and left her and she ended up sleeping for nearly 2 hours - unprecedented!! She hardly ever sleeps that long during the day!!! I so want her to keep going like this....she hasnt slept through yet but last night was heaps better compared to what I'm used to!

Ali - I know people that have a freaking 10 month age gap and cope so you'll be fine whatever you do.....JD and Abbey are 2.5 years exactly and I find it challenging most of the time but I dont think it matters what age gap you have it's still going to be a trying time!! Amelia will be used to having you 100% of the time and there's going to be this new little tacker who is going to need you way more than she does.....gone are the days of sitting there feeding for an hour!! The bond that the kids have is worth it....I can see that Abbey loves JD so much and I never had that being an only child so it's going to be nice for them to grow up together....

Pam - Hope you are feeling better - nothing worse than feeling like crap and having to deal with kidlets etc!

Hope everyone else is having an exciting Sat night....I'm going to watch Thurs' night's eps of How I Met Your Mother once DH decides to stop slaughtering people on the Xbox....

xoxox

Hi Shayna - you know what, Abbey is getting it, isn't it great! She's starting to sleep longer because basically sleep breeds sleep, it means she's starting to feel comfortable and relaxed in her cot. Before you know it she'll be sleeping through and hey, even if she stirs and needs the dummy in the night, that still counts (Amelia still does it some nights but she doesn't actually wake up).....I'm so happy for you, you've done the hard yards and it's well and truly your turn for some good days and nights. YAYYYYYYYYYYYY, let's have a party! Seriously though, not to sound silly but it's really hard teaching them to self settle, I hated that week but it's so worth it in the end. You should be really stoked with yourself right now sweets! xx

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast