... 31112131415 ...

thread: Babies born ~ September 2012#1

You were RAK'ed in 2015

Mar 2011
    Perth

Stormy here in Perth - Distinctly cool, gales and rain. Thor loves watching the branches and leaves moving on the trees, but he's not keen on being out in the wind!

Nov 2011
    Perth

Hi hi!

Eep stormy and cold here today! Few trees down out my way, and the power was off between noon and midnight. Thankfully my parents a few minutes away had power so we went there till about 10pm last night. J got lots of Pop cuddles, my dad totally dotes on him. So sweet. The little guy has been sleeping quite a bit today, I hope he isn't awake all night! He's pretty much grown out of the bassinet, so we are going to sidecar his cot next to me, the mattresses are at the same level so it should work well. I've been spending way too much money on MCN's, I am totally obsessed! Oh almost forgot J had immunizations on Tuesday. Cried for the needle, but I fed him immediately after and he forgot about it. He got a slight temp and was really cranky in the evening but that was it.

So what is happening with you all, its very quiet in here!!

Nov 2011
    Radelaide

Babies born ~ September 2012#1

Lol yeah it is quiet isnt it! I often get just enough time to read posts, but enough time to reply (unless it's like now, where I've just gone to bed.)

Well our last week of spring has been the really taste of summer with over 30 each day so far. Yesterday we got to 39 degrees. Can't wait to get the car aircon fixed it has been terrible without it!

We are ok Kayden has an awful cold atm, so poor thing sounds really snuffly. Can't believe my baby is 3 months old already! He's a smiley little bundle, just starting to really notice things around him.

Dr. Tal how are things at your place?

Nov 2008

Chrispe - I hope K gets over his cold soon. It's always horrible when your little ones are sick. Is it effecting his feeding at all? When DS got his first cold it really effected his feeding (in that he couldn't) and the doctor told me to get a 1ml syringe and squirt .5 of a ml of saline up each nostril. He hated it, but it worked a charm.

Lady N - sounds like those storms would have been a bit scary. That's good that your mum and dad live so close so you could pop over to your house, and it's fantastic that your dad dotes on J.

Pholi - sounds like T might be getting into a bit of a sleep routine for you. Now you just have to get yourself back into one

DDB - the overful boob pain is the worst when your little one sleeps longer then normal. I usually end up waking up to it and needing to express off some so I don't usually get any more sleep then I would have if A had woken up for a feed

Weather. So far ours has just been pretty normal for this time of year. But I've heard that the heat wave will be making it's way up early next week, so I expect it to get quite miserable.....might spend most of Monday morning at bunnings letting DS play on the playground there as it has air con, so he can run around all he wants without being outside in the heat.

AFU - Got a call Wed morning from the paed. He finally got all of A's results back. She had a bladder infection (which is why the antibiotics would have made her feel better) and Parvo virus. Which causes high fevers, vomiting and anemia. I have another appointment with him early next week as he wants to check on her colour to make sure her anaemia is getting better. He's hoping she'll be nice and pink. IF she's still pale he may have to take another blood sample, but he said he'd rather avoid that as it is kind of couterproductive as it would just make her more anaemic. DS was also over his little bout of gastro by Monday night and back to his lively self.

AND

HE'S TOILET TRAINED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    He's not had a single accident in over a week and he's even been wearing jocks for nap time and bedtime. He's so proud of himself, and I have to say I'm more then a little proud of him as well.

Jul 2010

Dr Tal-Yay for DS being toilet trained. Well done to both of you. I hope A is still improving. Parvo is horrible xo.

AFU-all good here. A still sleeps 10-13 hrs overnight and feeds 2 hrly during the day. She is meeting santa tomorrow for DHs work function and getting her first pressie. I cannot wait.

May 2011
    Adelaide

Re: Babies born ~ September 2012#1

Hi ladies. Finding it very hard to get on while on the laptop to reply. Am currently in bed and sadly wide awake so figured I'd check in while DF and the munchkin are asleep.

We've been going well, lots of smiles from Arya and she's been making lots of new noises. She's not rolling yet but getting very close and I'm sure giggles are just around the corner. I've had a blocked duct in each breast now, but thankfully we got it cleared pretty quickly both times before it got too bad. DF and I, along with my best friend, are officially small business owners! We're all registered and the business cards arriving was super exciting. I'm also quite excited about the fact that I'm going to be donating about 3L of breast milk through HM4HB. Might even end up doing regular donations to one lady who's little girl is a week younger than Arya. Makes me happy knowing I can help another mumma to exclusively feed her bub breastmilk.

Nov 2011
    Radelaide

Hi Miss Dee!
    Wow that's cool about the milk donation!
    So exciting to watch the babies grow isn't it. It goes by way too fast!

Kayden is smiling and cooing lots now. We still definitely have our unsettled (screaming) times but I so love those toothless grins.

Nov 2011
    Radelaide

And congratulations on your business!

Jul 2010

Miss Dee-yay for being a business owner and well done for donating to help another bubba get breast milk. Be proud mumma. A is beautiful, I love seeing her smile

Chrispe-yay for smiling and cooing.

Hello everyone else.

AFU-we are all good. A is having a day sleep in the cot as we speak I am a bit sad but I have to get the bassinet back to my cousin because she is due to have another bub next month. A also met Santa yesterday and got her first ever present off him at dh's work social clubs Christmas break up She was so good throughout the whole thing. I was very proud.

Jul 2009
    melbourne

Miss Dee congratulations on your new business venture. Does this mean you get to stay home with bubs or do you still have to go back to work

Dr Tal I know it's been awhile now but do glad to hear everything is ok with A

Sorry ladies can't remember anymore

AFU can't believe how quickly time passes and how much G changes on a daily basis. I love my time with her but I'm absolutely exhausted as now that DH is back at work I virtually have her by myself 24 hours a day. Over the past 3 days he has only seen her for about 2 hours. When he's at home one or the other is sleeping. Anyway enough about my whine have finished feeding and off to bed for a little more sleep

Oct 2011
    Earth

Well thought I'd pop in as haven't done in a while. All going well here, Miss A has slept through these last 2 nights Slept from about 10 last night till about 7 this morning and didn't my boobies let me know it LOL. Had to ask DH to change Miss A.
    She always wakes up (well ok 9 times out of 10) all happy and smiley even when she must be hungry.

Here is a pic I took earlier in the week She looks like she is plotting something LOL

https://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums...8&d=1354831225

These past 3 months have flown

Nov 2011
    Radelaide

Hi shadow! Woo hoo for sleeping baby!

Dr. Tal, how are your little munchkins?

Hi to everybody else! (because as soon as I start typing I forget who said what and when, sorry

AFU- Kayden had his first trip to the chiropractor today. She doesn't know if the adjustments will help his reflux (considering he most likely has lactose intolerance) but he definitely needed his spine and sacrarium adjusted due to how he was laying in utero.
    She wants him back next week again. I had an appointment too and she said my back is looking a lot better and responding well.
    In other news DD had gastro this week. Started vomiting on Tuesday, all day Wednesday, and could finally keep something down at lunch on Thursday. By then I was nearly ready to call the doctor as until Thursday morning she couldn't even keep water in. Looking so much better today do she went to school (24hrs of no vomiting) and mostly back to her normal self tonight.

I'm hoping nobody else catches it.

Nov 2008

Chrispe - I'm glad your DD is feeling much better. I hope none of the others catch it as well. Especially little K. Things are so much harder on them when they are tiny.

Shadow - Yeah for A sleeping through the night. Hopefully your boobs will start sleeping through soon too

I love the picture of A. She is getting SO big. I still can't get over how much hair she has!

Terry - sorry to hear that your DH hasn't had much time to spend with G. It also makes it hard on you. DH works out of town alot for 3-4 days at a time, and it can be really hard on those days. Especially when DS got older, as he would be really unsettled on the days DH wasn't there. I hope you are taking the opportunity to rest when you can and you're not being too hard on yourself in regards to trying to get thigns done. Do what NEEDS to be done (e.g. laundry/dishes) but if you house doesn't get vaccuumed, or the floors don't get mopped or some things don't get put away...it's not the end of the world.

DDB - sorry to hear you have to give the bassinet back. I hope A is settling into the cot nicely and that moving her didn't upset her sleep routine for you.

Did you get lots of good pictures of her with Santa getting her first present? DH has is work Christmas party on tomorrow and A will be seeing santa and sitting on his lap for the first time there. I'm pretty excited about it.

Miss D - that's fantastic about being a buisiness owner. Feels good doesn't it? What sort of business is it? Hopefully it will allow you to stay home with A for longer or do less hours when you finally do have to go back to work.

That's fantastic about donating breast milk. It must make you feel really good. I looked into it when I had DS because I produced so much, but I wasn't able to find anythign at all here (as in no one organising it, and no one needing it), I probably shouyld have looked into it this time around, I was just slack and never got around to it.

AFU - littlies are both healthy. YEAH. A got the all clear from the paed earlier in the week. SO I was really happy about that. DS is still doing fantastic with his toileting. He had one accident earlier in the week but it was my fault. We were in the car and he told me he needed to pee. We were only a couple minutes from home so I asked him if he could hold it. Then when we got home I forgot and got A out of the car before him, and he peed in the driveway before I could get him upstairs. He was so upset and I felt pretty bad about it

No I am going to ask a stupid question. I am thinking about joining FB (which is huge for stubborn old me....long story). Problem is DH's mother. She's on FB. So I can't join as me, or my maiden name. Because if she finds out I'm on and I don't give her access to my account she'll make DH's life h#ll. I also don't want people to just be able to see my profile, and I know there are security settings and the like. Are they pretty straightforward?

Would love to ask more but just heard DD.

Oct 2011
    Earth

Dr Tal fb settings are pretty straight forward. Just make it so that only friends can see your wall.
    You can block people then they can't find you.

I have mine set so only friends of friends can send me a friend request cause so many randoms try friending you at times LOL. I also have it set so only I can read what others post on my wall.
    Also have it so only friends can look up my timeline by name (I'm guessing only they can find me in a search that is) and friends can only look me up using my email and phone number (well if I provided a phone number lol, I haven't) also only friends can send me private messages.

May 2011
    Adelaide

DDB - The first santa meeting is so exciting isn't it! I loved taking Arya to get her Santa photos done.

terry - I found it very overwhelming when DF went back to work. Particularly because when he was off literally all I had to do was worry about feeding Arya. He'd change her, feed me and get me anything else I needed. It's hard the days he's at work, but we work it out.

Shadow - Miss A is so cute. Looks like she's getting very big which is great!

Chrispe - So glad to hear your DD is feeling better. And you've reminded me about the chiro! Totally forgot about my appointment....6 weeks ago. Really need to make another one!

Dr Tal - So glad your little girl is doing better. I was reading along but everytime I'd try and reply, a certain little girl decided she had to be fed at that instant....and then of course when I did reply I forgot to say anything!

I'm very excited about the business. Honestly, I don't think we'll be making much money for awhile, but we should cover our costs at least which is the least we want for now. We sell nerdy stuff. T shirts mainly, but also some hats, jewellery, disney stuff.....

The milk donation thing is really making me happy. I'm so glad I can help another mum and bub. I happened to just randomly stumble accross Human milk 4 Human Babies and found each area has a facebook page which links up donors and recipients. People just post what they have to donate or what they need and then people can contact each other. Pretty sure each state in Australia has a group.

As far as facebook, use an alias. I have a friend that doesn't use his name, he uses an alias that combines his nickname and favourite food. You can set your security settings so only friends of friends can add you (which you need to accept before they can go further anyway), message you or even find you. You can also have photos, updates etc set so that only certain people can see it or certain people can't see it. If you want, send me a pm and I can help you get an account set up

AFM - Been feeling pretty crappy lately as the ladies on facebook have seen. Also been sick (just a cold thankfully) so that hasn't helped my mental state, being so run down. Poor Arya was a bit sick too yesterday. Quite warm and super fussy, crying for no reason which is totally not like her. Also loooooots of feeding so I think it was largely comfort sucking. Last night we had 2 x 2 hours feeds which is very different to her usual 15 min feeds. Thankfully she perked right up after some panadol and lots of boob and cuddles kept her happy. She's still a bit fussy today but very much back to herself.

I got to have some 'me' time yesterday as well which was fantastic. DF has been hassling me for weeks to go get my hair done so I finally made an appointment. Got it straightened using a brazilian straightening treatment and had a cut. Before it was pretty much all one length, no fringe, and boring so I could easily throw it up, but I decided to go back to a fringe lots of layers. It looks much nicer and even though it will require a bit more effort, I think it will help my mood having nice hair instead of what I decided was boring 'mummy' hair.

Jul 2010

Dee-Yay for having some you time. I would love to see a pic of your new do. Sorry to hear you and Arya are not well. I hope you are both better soon. Well done on donating milk, I think that is such a fantastic thing for you to do. I would love to if I had a good pump.

Dr Tal-I would love to see you on fb. It is fantastic.

Hello everyone else.

AFU-all good here. Amelia is talking her baby language a lot more and it's very entertaining I wonder what she is saying lol.

Oct 2011
    Earth

Had a small piece of pavlova with cream yesterday......so far so good, the cream hasn't affected Amelia. Let's hope I haven't spoken to soon :-) Maybe her belly can handle dairy now. That'll be good :-)

Nov 2011
    Perth

Hello hello in here

I'm on my phone so short post, but have read what's been going on with you all, those of you who've been sick, I hope you feel better now.

Jack had a terrible day yesterday, I ended up giving him Panadol and felt so guilty, but it worked. He slept good last night. He weighs over 7 kilos now! I bought him some swim nappies a couple weeks ago and I don't think they're going to fit now lol

... 31112131415 ...