... 4567816 ...

thread: Babies born ~ September 2012#1

Nov 2011
    Perth

Oh and question of the adult kind :P

I had an episiotomy - do I need to wait until the 6 week check before jumping DH? I thought during pregnancy after birthing I would be put off sex but nope I feel like a rabbit! Lucky DH.

Follow littlelove On Twitter

Jul 2011
    Melbourne

Hi ladies

Lady neon - ouch on the epi! As long as you feel ok down there i couldn't see why not. The 6 weeks is just a guide. I think it was put in place to give us an excuse if we need it!

Chrispe - I wishi could have the lactose free stuff! If it turns out tobe an intolerance to dairy proteins that won't help.

Lindt 70% dark chic is dairy free but has soy. Soy may be an issue too. Looking forward to getting Heaths test results hopefully by Tuesday so we can sort this crap out!

Shadow 77 - tried the rice milk last night & spat it back out! Gross! So far I only like the oatmilk(in small quantities!). Will have to try the almond milk & coconut milk.

I've been looking for recipes because I feel like I'm not eating anything which doesn't help in itself! Taste dot com has a collection of dairy free recipes that look good - ill post the link on th FB page since we can't put them here!

Hmmm, I think someone is asleep on the boob!

Ciao ladies xx

Oct 2011
    Earth

woohoo Amelia slept from 10 last night until 5 this morning

Nov 2011
    Perth

That's awesome Shadow. Wish I could say the same for J. 12-2, 4-5, 5.30-6 then 7-7.30 GROAN

Jul 2009
    melbourne

Great news Shadow you must feel so good getting a block of sleep. I know the first time G slept for ages I kept waking up and checking her

Lady don't stress your little one will start to settle into longer sleep patterns soon you haven't got long to go

AFU speaking of sleep G is cluster feeding later in the day and is now sleeping anywhere between 5 to 7 hours at night then up for a feed and another 3 hour stretch. My breasts have also now adjusted so I don't wake up in pain. Now I need to start expressing a little after each feed so I can have some back up for when I'm out since my supply has gotten into line with her feeds

Aug 2009
    Melbourne

Ohai Not sure if any of you even remember me, because I dropped off forum posting weeks and weeks ago. No real reason, just kind of got caught up with other stuff. Anyhoo, thought I'd pop by to say that I totes had a baby and everything! She is Lucy, and she is awesome. I've obviously missed... well, everything. But I hope to hang out here a little more and get caught up on how all of you (and your new arrivals) are doing

Nov 2008

Lets see how far I get. I currently have a sleeping baby and a toddler engrossed in watching trains. Bless trains!

Bambina - Welcome back, and congrats on the birth of Lucy!

Terry - that's fantastic that G has started to sleep longer at night for you. And isn't it a relief when your breasts finally get things figured out? Mine seem to have settled quicker this time then they did with DS. I guess having done it once before they kinda of knew what they needed to do. I still leak like a tap though when she cries and during let down

Shadow - that's fantastic about A. I bet you're feeling much better for it too.

Littlelove - I hope things get better for H soon. Although it sounds like you are coping with it really well, which is half the battle. Needy babies aren't too bad either, once you get then hang of them. DS was super clingy and hands on (still is) and A looks like she's going to be the same. So you use babywear at all? I found that to be a life saver with both of mine because I could just strap them on and still do things that needed doing. I still use the sling on DS. I look a bit like a pack mule when I go out as I have both DS and DD in slings, one each side (that took some getting use to, double slinging) and a huge nappy bag slung over my shoulder under DD's sling. I get more then a few looks and comments. mostly things along the lines of "isn't your DS old enough to walk" he is. But he likes to be carried, and I wasn't about to drop him just because I had another and make him resent her for it!

Lady N - My ob basically told me the 6 week thing is a bit of a myth perpertrated (mostly by women) to give them a bit of a break from being hassled just after bubs is born when they are tired and possibly just not feeling up to it. Sort of like a 'get out of jail free card' no honey, we can't DTD it's not been 6 weeks yet. You can pretty much get back on the horse, so to speak, whenever you feel like you are up to it. With the episiotomy though, be mindful of the scar tissue. IT will be more delicate at the moment and not as stretchy as the rest of down there so more prone to re-tearing. And because it's not as stretchy it can be a bit painful too. That's not in all cases though (the pain that is). Just something to keep in mind.

Chrispe - I hope you are able to get some tips from, the RISA website to help you with your littlies reflux.

Mum2c's - how is C going with her eczema? I hope you have been able to find something to help with it.

Jessiebean - have you tried googling baby tickers? I haven't gotten a chance to get around to looking for one, but I remember last time that I googled to find them.

Miss D - Hope you and little A are doing well.

Pholi - haven't heard from you in a while. How are you going with BF? Has T put on much weight since you've been comp feeding?

AFU - A seems to be doing better at nights. I Think the humidifier and everything else has finally started to clear out some of her phlem which was making her breathing so bad. She still has bad nights, but all in all they seem to be much better. I've been able to have a couple of nights where I got 3 hours of uninterupted sleep...which was good.

Got a photoshoot done (mainly for A, but she got some family shots and some of DS as well) when A was a bit over 2 weeks. Finally got the album on line to look at. There are some really good pictures. IF anyone is interested in seeing them, let me know and I'll PM you the details.

Nov 2011
    Perth

Welcome back Bambina

Tal I'll prob make sure DH goes gentle for a while. The scar has healed (externally anyway). Still bleeding slightly so DH won't DTD until that stops anyway.

Cannot picture having 2 slings on, must look rough!

Glad the humidifier is helping.

I bought me a Manduca carrier today. Love it already! I was given a dept store one at my baby shower, which does ok, J seems comfortable in it as he goes straight to sleep, but I had to support his head and his face was squished between the sistas lol. And it gave me a killer back ache after an n hour. Now I need to work out how to use my sling! Seems easy enough but J doesn't look comfy. So

Feb 2012
    Tasmania

Dr Tal. I have tried the ticker thing but I can't get the code to work

My baby had her checkup and vax yesterday as I am worried about whooping cough. Dr says she is very healthy but concerned about her weight gain, what were others weight gain (on a percentage) at 6 weeks?

Nothing like a cuddle from DD after a hard day's work!

Oct 2007
    in my own world

Dd2 was 3.44kg birth weight. 5.8kg dress weight at 6 weeks but she is very chubby due to continuous drinking.

Dr tal dd2 eczema flared again after a few days of great skin. It is currently weeping again
    Eczema really gets me down when all i want is babys flawless skin for my kids the poor things.

My hayfever is acting up also.

Dd2 has been chucking up so much and doing heaps of explosive poos and cannot sleep for long during the day because her tummy is in pain.

Going to cut out lactose to see if it helps and see doc again.

Dd1 is playing up big time also, trying to carry dd2 when im out of sight like in the loo and distirbing her when she sleeps!
    Losing my patience arghhh

Oct 2011
    Earth

6-8 week check up yesterday and at 7 weeks (well close enough) Miss Amelia weighs 5200g and is 58.5cm long.
    All healthy :-)

Nov 2011
    Radelaide

Babies born ~ September 2012#1

Awesome shadow! We have a checkup on Friday.

Well after a weekend full of spewing and other yucky stuff I think we are all healthy(ish) I'll tell you what have a refluxy baby with gastro is not nice! Screaming, spewing, and feeding constantly! Can't wait until this little boy is smiling more. So far I've had 2 or 3 'real' smiles.

Well feeding once again oppO
    Last edited by Chrispe; October 24th, 2012 at 05:43 PM.

Oct 2011
    Earth

Chrispe ah smiles :-) here is the first one I caught on Camera of Amelia :-)

https://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums...6&d=1351065318

Nothing like a cuddle from DD after a hard day's work!

Oct 2007
    in my own world

Shadow shes gorgeous!!!!!

Nov 2011
    Radelaide

Babies born ~ September 2012#1

Aww so CUTE!

Oct 2011
    Earth

Just like her mother BA HA HA HA

Oct 2011
    Earth

dd is having a growth spurt me thinks, she been feeding alllllllll day on and off. 8:09 and I aint even got round to cooking dinner. ah well no one else offering to cook so we eat late...............not my problem eldest dd did peel vegies (had to be told though as usual, cant just do it without being told )

ah just havin a bit of a whinge could just ask someone to get dinner but nah, i shouldn't have to ask.

Jul 2010

Dr Tal-I would love to see some pics. I am glad to hear miss A is doing better.

Lady Neon-We waited the 6 weeks because I had a grade 2 tear which is equivalent to an epi. I wanted to do it before then like you lol but was too scared.

Jessiebean-A was 2.67 born and 4.04kgs at her 6 week check up but realistically is almost 7 weeks.

Bambina-congratulations on the birth of Lucy.

Shadow-what a cutie you have there

Hello Pholi, LittleLove, Miss dee, Dr Tal and everyone else.

AFU-we are having green poos here too, well A is lol. I am unsure whether I should try block feeding or continue doing both breasts. I also think A is having a growth spurt. She cluster feeds from about 4 pm sometimes till midnight. I thought I may have run dry but when I checked I squirted the poor wee girl in the eye. Oopsy.
    As mentioned above A is now 4040 grams, up from 2670 at birth. She put on 260 this fortnight so I am doing something right. She is always smiling now, especially if I walk out of the room and then come back in She also loves a shower with her mummy or daddy

... 4567816 ...