... 89101112 ...

thread: Babies Born~February 16th-28th 2009 #4

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Jul 2008
    S.E. Melbourne

Thanks girls for your support

Ali, it was my other sister who is in juvenile correction centre or whatever it's called having a rough time with the other girls, not the one in hospital!

Shell, she has court today actually, but my mum is saying that it isn't looking very favourable for her. She is a danger to herself and to others - but she needs proper help, not incarceration!

Kaz, I'm not sure what kind of help she can get inside. I spoke to her on the phone yesterday and she told me how 2 girls were arguing in the kitchen and one of them collected boiling oil from a pan into a cup and threw it in the other girls face These are violent people, they shouldn't even have kitchen access!

Well my youngest sister is out of hospital and we all seem to be on the mend, although DP now is complaining of feeling unwell He refuses to take time off work though, even though I asked him to because me and L have both been really sick. I don't think he realises it would actually help ME having him around, I'm not just saying it so he can get some rest

L is smiling so much more now, it is soooo cute! He still is serious most of the time though, which is still cute! Sleeping is still crap...all over the place at the moment. He is "sleeping" right now, by that I mean he is snorting and wriggling around and making all sorts of noises. He will do that for maybe 20 minutes before he fully wakes up and starts screaming. He's done a few random long sleeps during the night, maybe 3-4 hours of solid sleep, but that's happened maybe a handful of times! I really have faith that when his nose and chest is finally clear he will sleep so much better

SOrry he's crying, will be back for personals - promise!

xox

May 2007

Hi all,
    I bhave been up at the hol house and just got nhome yesterday.
    I have read everyones posts, but there is jut too much to catch up on so I am just going to drop a few random comments.

AJP- I really hope it isn't PND. Thinking of you.

Shell - J is being a nightmare to get to bed at night atm too.

Holly - ou have so much on your plate at the moment. I hope you are getting some "me" time.

Nai- Glad the 40th went well.

OP - Have a good time at mums and bubs. Which cinema are you going to?

Heaven - Someone always has an opinion on what you are doing wrong when raising kids don't they??!!

E is still only sleeping about 40 mins during the day. I have started using the dummy much more and sometines it will get her through another sleep cycle. Just nor sure how I will go with the whole weaning her off it in the future. J never had one, so not sure how it will go.

Last night she fed at 3am and then didn't want to go back to sleep. Popped the dummy in, and she slept till 9am this morning. So it works for her. I just don't want to end up getting up all night to put it back in.

J has wated a heap of TV today as I have been trying to catch up on some housework. Must take him to the park this arvo.

Jan 2008
    in my head

AJP, Nai and OP - thanks for your suggestions on the exploding/leaky nappy issue. I think part of the problem is that he throws himself around in his sleep a lot so the covers get pulled down over the nappy and the inserts in the pockets I'm using also move down allowing the evil wetness to travel north!
    AJP - I've got a motherease cover - not sure what type - has all the animals on it? Even that leaks poo although not as badly as some others.
    Nai - It doesn't look like the Fuzibunz are still available via the HoneyChild website but thanks anyway.
    OP - Where did you get your Tots Bots from? It looks like a UK company - did you order direct?
    Holly - Jacob does the same thing when sleeping! I don't think he has the same nose/chest problem as L but he is regularly throwing himself around and grumbling loudly in his sleep now. Seems to do it more when he's unsettled generally but it's hard to know what to do. Sometimes he will settle and stay asleep and other times he will wake himself up and start crying a nanosecond later I'm thinking of your sister today darl and I hope court went favourably for her. Sounds like she needs hospitalisation more than gaol (I hope that doesn't offend you!) - at least there she could get some 'treatment' and be less likely to be exposed to the kind of violence and ongoing, background intimidation of gaol.
    Meg - Don't worry too much about the dummy. Whatever works. She will only use it while she needs it and may start rejecting soon anyway. If it makes you feel any better, I've been known to occasionally use the dummy during feeds with Jacob. Sometimes its the only thing that will calm him down and regulate his breathing enough to get him to re-attach and continue feeding.
    Hi to everyone else!!

On the subject of sleep again, Jacob has done nothing but sleep today after a reasonably difficult night - he has started feeding every 3 hours (round the clock it seems) and was unsettled during and after the night feeds last night. Today, although he is still screaming during feeds, he hasn't been awake more than about 45 -60 mins. Keeps just going straight to sleep after each feed. Wonder how long it will last?

Jan 2008
    in my head

Ok - I just need to share. Not long after I posted J woke up. ( spoke too soon). I changed his nappy straight away. It was probably about 2:50pm. Then fed from 3-3:30pm. Then I had to run up main street to go to the post office (to collect fluffy mail ironically!). I considered changing his nappy but decided to do it when we got back home and before putting him down again. Anyway, we got back home about 3:50pm - so he's been in the nappy about an hour. He did the most massive sounding poo I think the neighbours heard it When I went to change him, he'd soaked right through the nappy and the cover (Maz cover) right in the middle of his butt No leaks out the top or the legs, just straight through the bum. And parts of the nappy were still dry so it's not like the thing was completely soaked yet.

What am I doing wrong girls??

On the upside, I just got more nappies plus a heap of material, including PUL and bamboo fleece and a pattern and I'm gunna make my own pockets and covers and keep at it until I find something that contains the mess!! I don't mind the nappy looking like a war zone but when that stuff escapes out, it's all kinds of wrong!!

Feb 2006
    melbourne

kaz id say your getting compression leaks with the fleece, same can happen with wool longies/shorties etc.. id stick to pul until jacob is moving around rolling etc..
    i have some tots bots gussetted covers if you like to borrow them?? let me know and i'll send them to you!

BB tonight for personals

Feb 2008
    Down Under

Last edited by Muffy; May 18th, 2009 at 05:15 PM. : adding photos

Apr 2008

gorgeous Laura!!!
    Hope things have been going okay for you, the first couple of weeks will prb be a bit of a blur.

Holly- sorry i got it wrong. I hope all went well today.

Kaz- Cant help with the nappies but sounds like a poop- explosion!!! You poor thing! Maybe you can ask Maz for some tips as well. I want to see a photo of DS!!

OP- i havent done the mum & bub movie thing yet. Would like to soon though.

Heaven- Our girls really are similar! Sleep was the same last night. If i wasnt co-sleeping I think i would be even more of a zombie! I hear you on people wanting to have their 10cents on how you raise your own baby. My mum was like get her in the cot for al her sleeps (she has no idea that we even co-sleep) I think she would have a heartattack and even though I love her to bits I dont think she would be impressed if she knew that we co-sleep. It is hard isnt it.

AFM- Well DD was better at her tummy time today. Lasted alot longer than she normally does. I have been noticing she has a bit of that 'cradle cap" What do i put on it to make it go away?
    ALso I have DD's hands in mittens alot as they always see to be freezing cold. Is this bad? I dont want to restrict her finger movement but they always seem icecold without mittens.

ETA- Here is a photo of DD when we were away having cuddles with me. https://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums...3&ppuser=15125

Dec 2005
    Melbourne, Vic

Ali- I've started using paw paw cream for the cradle crap, just rub it in then wash it off next day, cleared up really fast. Its good when the dads get time with them, not just for bonding but the whole seeing what hard work we do.

Meg- I'm not even going to worry bout the weaning off dummy yet, had to wean Ash off the breast overnight at about 12 months so think it'd prolly be a similar thing cause she was using it for comfort.

Holly- How did your sister go? Could her lawyer make a deal for her to be hospitalised rather than incarcerated? I'm just assuming that its mental illness related. I hope they sort things out.

OP- I love their little baby talk chats, I can sit for ages doing it, thats if Ashleigh allows me!

SJ- I have been trying to work out the exact same problem! I always find I have to feed Em earlier than she actually needs cause otherwise she'll be ready for a feed when she is asleep and not sleep well, drives me nuts. Now she is staying awake abit longer its working out a bit better.

AJP- I hear you on big sisters, I feel like broken record, Ash has a habit of scaring her or squeling in her face. She knows she's not to do it but keeps doing it.

Have had chat with Df and he is going to make more effort with everything and not take me for granted so time will tell.

Apr 2008
    Melbourne

Well I do have DD1's cold and have been coughing all day - Grrr! I hope Miss J doesn't get it.

I was just reading in the Wonder Weeks book that they say for the first few months baby boys take up more of their mother's time than baby girls do as they tend to cry more and sleep less. I'm not sure how true it is but it might make some of you feel a bit better - it should get better after the 12 week mark. Probably doesn't help those of you with fussy girls though - sorry

Apr 2008
    Melbourne

Shell, I hope DF does make an effort

May 2007

Hmmm - Interesting Nai. I think J took more time than E has, but maybe that's coz I am busies, and E has no choice but to wait,

Shell - I really hope that he does make more of an effort.

E slet till 5am last night, then again till 9am. Fingers crossed it is the start of a good night sleep routine. Still hopeless during the day though....

Add mhami on Facebook

Feb 2008
    Melbourne

Hi everyone - I hope you're as well as can be.

AliBaby - I know what you mean about the cold hands (and feet too!) I think I read somewhere that is good for them to have their feet and hands free as much as possible to explore different textures/objects etc.

ShellBell3 - thanks for the cradle cap tip. I might have to start doing that.

Nai - get better soon!

Kaz - I've been having the same containment issues with both my cotton/bamboos (with PUL and wool covers) and biodegradable disposables. Although Posy hasn't done a proper poo for 4 days. Looking forward to the explosion that's inevitably going to occur soon!

Apr 2008

Shell- thanks for the tip with the paw paw cream I tried it last night and it looks heaps better already. I hope DP pulls his socks up for you. He needs to for you and the girls.
    Nai- How are you feeling today? Hope the cold is getting better I have heard it has been freezing down in Melbourne so rug up and stay indoors. Its prob hard to get to gym as well when you feel like crapola.
    AJP- How are you feeling? Hope you are getting some rest.
    Kaz- How is WW going? We (so far) have ben really lucky with disposables and havent had a poopsplosion yet. I love the look of the MCNs but I havent gone down that route yet.
    Megie- That is awesome sleep from E! Well done. I hope she does that again for you tonight!
    Mhami- thanks for the tips on the hands and feet. Will have to make sure the room is warmer I think so DD can explore more with them.
    Laura- how have you been the last couple of days?
    AFM- Well I have had enough of the way that I look. I had a massive cry about it this morning. I have started a blog for my weightloss journey. i am to late for the 12week challenge but want to do it for longer than that anyway. I have never been this big and I am so unhappy in myself. Feel free to follow my blog. I am going to post in it regularly and put my results in it, etc.
    I just need to do something.
    DD is good. Still sleeping the same but its not to bad. DP not going to work tonight for the second job so I will be looking forward to spending time with him and DD as a family.

Hi to everyone else. Hope you are all well

BellyBelly Member

Nov 2007

Ali - also good to wash their hands under running water - another textual experience.

Sorry wrote a post and lost it Grrr!

Bubs is not being very cooperative at the moment...

Take care girls!!

Dec 2005
    Melbourne, Vic

I think we're having the 12 week wonder week, last couple days she just been more unsettled, wanting more cuddles that sort thing.

I just waiting for more sleep at night seems to get shorter and shorter everynight. I try settle her with dummy and that might stretch it an extra hour but thats it.

I'm going to start giving 10pm formula feed see if that helps, hope she takes bottle cause haven't given her one for weeks now.

Feb 2006
    melbourne

arrhhh too tired to post
    took millie to swimming today she loved it, i think i have another fish on my hands!!
    she had some awesome sleeps in the past 24 hours

May 2008
    Melbourne, Vic

Hi girls

Quick hi as it is late... should be in bed...

Kaz - I get my Tots Bots from a shop called Cotton Bottom, google them you should find them. Have you thought of an all in one with a PUL cover? Tots Bots just released one that my sister uses, she loves it. Might stop the cover pulling down over the nappy as its an AIO. Good luck hun...

It takes some experimenting to get it right, doesn't it??

Have read everything else but too tired to comment sorry.

I just bought some cute stuff from GAP for Isabel, one of my friends is bringing it home for me. Yay!

Hope everyone is well... post more in morning...

May 2007

E had a bit of a rough night last night. Up at 1:30 to 3, then awake again at 4, and again at 6. She just woke again now, so better go

... 89101112 ...