thread: Babies Born~February 16th-28th 2009 #4

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Feb 2006
    melbourne

she was up late the other night with the hospital visit so i think she was still getting over taht, im sure i'll be up twice tonight!
    sounds like you also need some viatmin B, so get into some vegemite!

Dec 2005
    Melbourne, Vic

I am home alone! Sent Df with both girls this am so I could go right thru the toy room, and tidy it, throw stuff away, all done, sorted all the baby toys into one tub, looks alot better. Df was bit anxious bout taking them both, lol, tried to talk me into keeping Em here but I have to do it with both everyday so he can learn, tho he nearly left without the nappy bag, without sending Ash to toilet first and putting shoes on her!

AJP- How is Millie? Hospital visit would've been scary, glad she sorted herself out quickly.

Heaven- How are you doing? Does sound like you're quite run down. Bit scary you slurring your words. had you eaten? You could've had low sugar levels.

Tarkine- Hows that booby boy? Hope he is giving you a break.

Ali- Every day I tell myself I'm going to drink a glass water each time I feed but never happens I really do need to drink more but being cold I don't feel like it, want cups tea instead.

OP- Ikwym, I find it easier to trust my instincts 2nd time around just cause I guess I feel alot more confident, with Ash I was always second guessing myself cause every man and his dog had an opinion on what I should or shouldn't be doing.

I am so stiff and sore from my wii fit but it is alot fun and get fit at same time without having to leave house. Just not happy with my body, don't really want to lose weight as such more lose inches and tone up those problem areas (bum, thighs, hips) and get fit. Might measure those areas weekly just so I can see if I am making progress.

Mar 2007

Jols- eww.....vegemite, lol.
    Shell- hmm...yeah I think it was before I'd eaten. LOL at ur DH trying to get ready.

Well, I think the growth spurt is over!! Thank God. Last night she slept normally again, 5hrs, then 3hrs, then 2hrs or something. Feeling more rested. Now to get rid of this cold. I hope she doesn't get it!!

BellyBelly Member

Nov 2007

Ali - i should have said that I drink really weak cordial and keep a 2L jug in the lounge where I feed during the day and sometimes I'll go through two of them and othertimes, I'll be lucky to get through 1/2 a jug.

Heaven - glad the growth spurt is over

Shell - well done on getting DF to take both kids. Booby monster is going good at the moment - only 2 or 3 wakes during the night - settles down anywhere between 6pm and 9pm and then sleeps til around 1-3am then up again at 5am and then again at 6-8am. Still catnapping during the day on me (when I put him down he's wide awake). So I watch loads of movies (drives me crazy but am getting used to just letting my impatience and my need to do something all the time just go). Think his teeth are starting to move, coz sometimes I feel sharpness when he's feeding, and he chomps.

What sort of car seats have you girls got?

Bought a plaster of paris hand/feet impression kit today - now that's going to be fun!!

Jan 2008
    in my head

Hi girls!

AJP - Glad Millie is ok. That's a stress you could've done without!
    Shell - WHoo hoo on a morning to yourself to organise things.
    Nai - Hope you enjoy your social weekend and that Juliette gets over the cold soon.
    OP - Hope Isabel sleeps better for you when you're away this time.
    Tarkine - You lucky thing! I keep meaning to hire out some movies to watch while feeding. Daytime TV sucks! So did your pram arrive finally or was that the loan one you were talking about at C'Link? Car seat - can't remember - think it's a safe and sound. It's not a capsule. It's black! Like that matters
    Heaven - Get those multi's into you girl! You sound very run down. Take care. Hopefully now the growth spurt is over Grace will sleep longer for you at night. Apparently the 3 month milestone can be a real turning point for lots of babies.
    Ali - What was it like going back to work? Glad you enjoyed your mothers group darl. Jacob is in a basinette in our room but he wiggles around so much and is sleeping much straighter so he's fast running out of room.
    Ellie - good to hear from you!
    Meg - Are you still off to sleep school? You'll have to share all your tips!

Who have I forgotten? I did all that from memory - sorry I'm sure there's someone!

AFM - How quickly things change - last post I was carrying on about how well J slept....today he has not slept since before midday!! He had one 15-20 min nap in nearly 9 hours. He is wanting to feed every 1.5-2 hours. He is generally ok when awake - gets most grisly when he is in his basinette. This has been going on for a couple of days now and he is feeding a bit more at night too. I've tried white noise, the torch aimed at the ceiling, rocking, dummy, topping up, patting....nothing is working. His eyes are literally hanging out of his head tonight.

On the upside, we had a presentation at Mothers group last week about toys we can make for our bubs that focus on visual and tactile stimulation so I went shopping today for all the supplies! Still have more nappies to make too There aren't enough hours in the day. I take my hat off to all of you with more than one child. It's no wonder everyone has a cold! Hope everyone gets a great sleep tonight

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Feb 2006
    melbourne

sara about vegemite! i take it your not a fan!!
    glad grace slept better for you last night!

shell im liking that you sent DF out with both girls, i think its time i did that to DH
    hows ash going with TT?????

tarkine car seats we have in DH's car a s&s meridian convertable and in my car currently a s&s capsule, soon to be meridian, sophie is in maxirider.
    were having millies hand and feet done on tuesday at twinkle toes!! cant wait, we had sophie done at 15 weeks so getting milllie done at teh same age!!

kaz you jinxed yourself what toys/stimli are you going to make?? please share

ARM millie seems good, still a little junked up but oh so cute loving her!!

BellyBelly Member

Nov 2007

Kaz - the pram is the one that Babyco leant us from off their showroom floor (after I kicked up a stink) - we've had so many flat tyres on it, that we ended up going out and spending money on the darn thing - DH is planning on swapping out the thorn proof tubes before we take it back - at $20 a tyre they are pretty darn expensive!

Jan 2008
    in my head

Tarkine - that is ridiculous beyond words! I think they should give you the pram for free for being so very patient with them.
    AJP - This morning I made up clear containers (small water bottles and a round jar with different levels that screw together) with coloured water and little coloured beads and gold shapes that float. Its all superglued in there! This afternoon I'm hoping to keep working on a cloth book. All the "pages" have different colours or different textures (silk, corouroy, terry, velvet etc) and I'm going to superglue foam shapes, wool, letters and that fluffy feather wool stuff to some of the blank pages and also put different material between the pages - so sewn inside. Things like shredded paper, sponges, netting etc. I haven't sewn any of it together yet though so I'm hoping it works! I also want to make a mobile for over the change table for when he gets 'difficult' - this will be out of CDs, beads, fishing wire etc. There's other stuff but I haven't got to that yet! I hope Jacob plays with it all. I'm a bit worried he won't like them for some reason

AFM - Jacob slept really well last night and of course I kept waking up and didn't sleep quite so well He slept from about 10:30pm (finally!) through to 5:30am. He is up now but has had a 2 hour and a 40 min sleep so far today so it's already better than yesterday. Hope you're all having a great weekend girls!

May 2007

Kaz - Glad the zzz's have been better today.

Shell - great that you can have some time for yourself. I hope you get ar est as well as cleaning up the house!

AJP - Glad Millie is doing well.

Tarkine - I would be so pi$$ed about the stroller.

J is off at the zoo with my parents today. I am sure he is having a blast.
    I had my high school reunion yest. A bit strange 15 years on. Was good to see some of the girls I went to school with thouhg. (I went to a girls school)

Ok I just wanted "birthday" on Foxtel and when the baby was born, I burst into tears. The ladie's birth was pretty much the same as mine.

Dec 2005
    Melbourne, Vic

Meg- I love all those shows, always get teary watching the births. You been seeing all the drama about Jon and Kate? Everyone is watching the show closely now.

Kaz- Ooh thanks for that, I reakon would be fun to make the feely book, think even Ash would enjoy it cause she still loves when I borrow from the library all the feely ones. I better get creative, I could get Ash to help me make things for Emily.

AJP- Yeah TT going well, still have the occasional accident but overall doing well, doing poos as well cause we started the sticker chart as a reward.

Tarkine- You should also get tv series that you want to see, I been catching up on scrubs during my feeds.

Em been bit unsettled last night, just wanted to suck constantly either on the boob or her dummy so not much sleep plus sat night seems to be when the neighbours get noisy, talking at top voices in the street, car horn tooting at 2am, and I actually live on a quiet street, its the kind of street you only drive down if you're going there cause it just leads back to where you came from.

Feb 2008
    Down Under

May 2007

Shell - My neighbours had a party last night too! Also E has been doing the same. Just wants to feed and feed. I don't feel I have enough to keep up. That plus the catnapping with no proper day sleep. I have had a headache for about 4 days now. And a runny nose. Just not feeling myself.
    Yep I have been following John and kate. Looked it up on the internet for more info. There is talk that it is a stunt to make people tune into the new series. But I dunno - I think I too would go insane being married to her. She is a bit full on

Apr 2008

Hi girls,
    I am a bit exhausted so will do personals tomorrow but had a great day at a christening for my cousins daughter and seeing some family that I ahvent seen in ages. Ashlyn sleeping pretty well the last 2 nights. She went down at 7pm woke at 9pm, I topped her up with a feed seeming she was awake and then she woke at 4am but instead of feeding her I put the dummy in to see how that would go and she fell back asleep until 5:30am so she actually slept 8.5hours without a feed! She then fell back asleep after her feed until 7.

How many feeds a day are you girls doing now and how far part are your feeds during the day? I think Ashlyn is atually only really doing 6-7 full feeds a day. Need to take her to the MCHN this week for a check up.

Hope you are all well. Chat more tomorrow as I am exhausted and need to go and cook dinner.

Jan 2008
    in my head

Meg - HS reunions are a bit weird. I remember at mine, I had heaps in common with people I'd hardly had anything to do with at school and the people I hung around with at school I had less than nothing to say to. It was bizarre! Hope the headache nicks off soon.
    Shell - That's a great idea and killing two birds with one stone. Getting Ash to help make the toys would be heaps more fun than just doing them by yourself like I am. I just finished platting a multicoloured woollen 'snake' and stuck it on a page. How annoying about your neighbours! Who toots their horn at 2am? Seriously.
    Ali - Jacob feeds between 7-9 times a day. Occasionally 10!! I do the dummy thing overnight too. It's mainly to give me time to go to the loo but sometimes he has fallen asleep again by the time I return.

Quick question - aside from how many feeds a day your bubs are doing, how long do they feed for? Jacob seems to have gotten really quick all of a sudden. He will feed 5-7mins on each side then pull off crying and carrying on. Won't re-attach to the first side for love nor money (even though there's still milk in there) but will immediately feed from the second side when offered. I can't even usually get a burp out of him until the end because he just screams. So the feeds are lasting 10-15 mins and he will just cry if I continue to offer either side after that. Does that sound normal and like he'd be getting enough? He is gulping steadily the whole time he's on.

Anyone else's bub recently discovered TV? Jacob will stare at it for ages. Not sure how I feel about that!

Apr 2008

Quick question - aside from how many feeds a day your bubs are doing, how long do they feed for? Jacob seems to have gotten really quick all of a sudden. He will feed 5-7mins on each side then pull off crying and carrying on. Won't re-attach to the first side for love nor money (even though there's still milk in there) but will immediately feed from the second side when offered. I can't even usually get a burp out of him until the end because he just screams. So the feeds are lasting 10-15 mins and he will just cry if I continue to offer either side after that. Does that sound normal and like he'd be getting enough? He is gulping steadily the whole time he's on.
    that is exactly what Ashlyn does hun except she is even quicker!

Dec 2005
    Melbourne, Vic

Kaz- Yep sounds like Em, feeds can be so short sometimes I just think she can't be finished but she must be cause I just can't get her to keep going. Only at night she feeds for longer, prolly being for comfort also where in the day she's too busy to feed for long.

Ali- 7 feeds here generally. Hoping to get rid of one of the night feeds tho. usually 3 hrs apart in the day, sometimes she might want earlier and other times if she is asleep might be a bit longer.

Meg- you sound quite run down, its great your mum helping out and doing things with J, hopefully gives you time to rest. Hope you get into sleep school soon and they get some plan sorted for you.

Jan 2008
    in my head

Thanks girls. Good to know other similar aged bubs are doing the same thing. He is weighed again on Tues so that should calm me down too!!

Speaking of calm, whoever said feeding babies in the bath was relaxing???? Tried it tonight for the first time because Jacob is growing a bit too big for the baby bath - he wants to kick and sends waves over the side!! Anyway, he was starting to grumble for a feed so I started feeding him in the bath. Had a thought that I hoped he didn't poo and 20 seconds later......he pooed! All over my leg!! It was so gross! So then DP got him into the shower then out of the shower, then I got in the shower, then Jacob spewed all over himself and DP while DP was drying him so everyone cycled through the shower again. Phew! The bathroom looked like it had been hit by a tidal wave by the time we all finished. At least the floor got a wash Won't be trying that again in a hurry.

Apr 2008
    Melbourne

Kaz - that is hysterical! I learnt my lesson doing that thinking that I would give Miss J a quick feed during her naked time and ended up wearing it - not my finest hour!

Well it looks like DD1's childcare has just had its first confirmed case of swine flu so I won't be sending her tomorrow or probably for the rest of the week - I hope we all survive the isolation.

... 51314151617