... 614151617

thread: Babies Born~February 16th-28th 2009 #4

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Feb 2006
    melbourne

thats a classic kaz !!! i dread every night when the girls bath together that millie is going to poo!! hasnt happened.... yet...
    nai thats a little too close to home, id be keeping her home too!! we cant have you in quarantine for saturday nights meet up!!
    shell glad ash is going well with TT sophie is too!!
    ali glad teh christening went well
    meg how did j like the zoo??

who asked about feeds? we feed 2-3 hourly during the day at teh moment and 1-2 times over night, she had 6 today feeding 3 hourly!
    millie has ring worm on her face just a small patch

Feb 2008
    Down Under

Right, time to do this!!! (im catching up from as far as i can see back.... im sorry if i miss anything

shell - you are so organised!!! LOL its funny all those little things that men dont know... yay on going for it with the Wii fit! keep up the good work!

heaven - Glad to hear everything is going back to normal for you! hopefully you dont pass that cold on!

tarkine- i have a mothers choice car seat i have used it for both kids and i love it
    those plaster thingys are fun!!! goodluck lol what a PITA about the pram!

Kaz - feels like its been forever since i have talked to you! i hope things settle down for you soon!! i dont have any advice sorry!!! im interested to hear about these toys!!

AJP - did i see that millie was in hospital!!!?? i hope shes ok!! poor little darling

meg - happy to hear the reunion went well.... how did J go at the zoo?
    whenever i watch something about babies, pregnant ladies or labour, i always end up in tears

Ali - What did you end up making for tea? so happy to hear that everything is going well for you!! xx

hellooooo to everyone else!!!

AFM - ok as you all know DF (now ExDF) and i split up, but you know what i have never been happier!! things are going really great!
    Bella is a little trooper - smiling every chance she gets!! but i havnt heard her laugh just yet!
    no signs of her rolling over just yet either!
    Logan is turning 2 on Wed i cant believe my little man is growing up soo quick.
    I had a birthday party for him on Sat and he loved it! (posted pics on facebook)
    I actually got to the gym today, i felt so good afterwards! I have been on a diet and using the biggest loser shakes (YUMMO) and also taking duromine and i have lost almost 3kg!!! WOOT

To all you ladies that are still BF'ing, i think you are amazing!!!!! xxx

Jun 2007
    Dandenong Ranges, Melbourne.

hi there girls
    would you all mind if i jumped in here? i've popped in and out a couple of times before, but i'm begininng to feel like i really need some support with my little one...
    can i ask you guys a couple of questions...
    1) how many sleeps a day is your baby having?
    2) how is the main way that you get them to sleep?
    3) how long are they awake for between sleeps?
    sorry to be such a pita,but as you can probably guess, we are having real sleep issues here and i really need some help and support xoxox

Apr 2008
    Melbourne

Sure RF - you can jump in!

1) how many sleeps a day is your baby having? 3-4 depending on length - 4 x 45 min or 2 x 45min and 1 x 2hr
    2) how is the main way that you get them to sleep? Normally BF to sleep and transfer although she will suck her thumb to self settle if I'm not with her eg, if DP is looking after her. She will also self-settle in the car
    3) how long are they awake for between sleeps? Anything from 1hr15min to 2hrs.

AFM - DD1 is now at the GP getting tested for swine flu as she is exhibiting symptoms - fingers crossed it isn't!! If it is I will be under quarantine for a week

Jun 2007

thanks for your reply nai
    my ds seems to get super tired after about 45mins and it's doing my head in! i can't get him to self settle at all.

omg i'm so sorry to hear about your dd1. when will you get the results? what will it mean for dd2? i really love your girls' names btw, v pretty.

Apr 2008

Nai- how stressful for you guys. Hope all will be okay and little VV will be okay
    Kaz- you had me in hysterics! I had often thought about that as I bath with DD almost everynight. I better touch some wood tonight that it doesnt happen!
    Rainforest- Glad you made it in here again. With day sleeps it is really hard to give an amount as DD is a major catnapper and beause we dont have a set routine at home with sleeps she just sleeps whenever, whether its in the bouncer, car, pram, my arms.I get her to sleep by feeding, or dummy or bouncing her in the bouncer or craddling her really tight against my body. Mainly in the bouncer though as then I dont have to worry about putting her down. We have one of those vibrating bouncers and she loves it. Minimum 1 hour awake, mostly 2 hours though! Night time we co-sleep and this works really well & seems to be getting better each night. Hope you & little Jimmy are well. Its hard when you are tired.
    Heaven- I am starting to feel like you a bit where it is all of a sudden hitting me when I have to get up in the morning just how tired I am. I feel asleep on the lounge last night at 8:30 for 2.5hours!! Should have gone to bed but had things to do
    Jols- How have you been feeling lately?? Have you seen your doctor yet? Let us know if you need to vent or get anything off your chest about how you are feeling.
    Holly- how have things been over the last week or so? I really hope things are getting better for you guys
    Raver- Good to hear from you. It must be a real tough time but I am so proud of you for looking out for you and the kids. Well done on the weight loss. Must go check out your pics of Logan on FB.

to everyone else.

AFM- Had a shocker of events last night. Okay this is long....
    DP was out and I was at home wand decided I would go have a bath with DD as she had done a massive poo that needed to be changed and it was about bath time anyway. So I turn the taps on and start running the bath, then I get undressed as I would rather me be cold for a few minutes than DD. SO I am naked and I am getting DD undressed ready to get in the bath. Nappy off and cleaned and just her dress and cardy on. Someone knocks on the door I yell out "Is that you DP" no response, ignored it but the dogs were going off and the person kept knocking. I put DD in her cot so she is safe with no nappy, turn the bath water off, get a robe on & go to the door, I yell out again asking if it is DP as I saw he had forgotten housekeys "Its your neighbour Ed" (this guy is just like Dr Harry Cooper) I say not a good time right now Ed (hadnt even opened the door) He says I'll come back in 20min, I say "try an hour". Arrrh get rid of him, then I notice that Max my dog has just thrown up all over the treadmill!!!!! gross!!!!!! Put dog outside and quickly get some paper towels to clean it up as best I can whilst half naked. GO back to running the bath and to get DD. Well she had done a wee on the sheets in her cot!!!! More washing!
    I called DP and said get home now as I was wondering what would go wrong next!! Nothing did but geez that was the most hectic 30minutes I have had in along time!!!!

Oh and to top it off, I decide that I am going to have a stay in bed morning with DD as much as I could as I was so tired and someone knocks on the door at 9am (i wasnt expecting anyone and was so tired I decided I would just ignore it) The dogs were going crazy for ages barking so i decided to look out the window and saw MIL's car! grrrrrr! I am sick of this woman just popping over so I decide **** it! I am not answering the door (i know very naughty), she kept persisting so i started to run the shower so she would think I just couldnt hear her because I was in the shower (the things you do to avoid your MIL). She must have rung DP as he came home to let her in! I was so annoyed. She wanted DP to fix her car, to bad if DP had other jobs to do. So she had to stay at my house for 4hours!!!!! DP is going to have a chat to her about just dropping by.

Well that was more about me than I expected but needed a little (or big) vent!

Feb 2006
    melbourne

rainy about time you came back !!!!!!

hun millie is doing around 5x45-60 mins sleeps a day she lasts up for anything from 45-75 mins before needing to go down, shes wrapped and normally takes a dummy to go to sleep, except overnight when she settled without it after feeds during the night!

nai i hope she doesnt have swine flu

ETA holy moly ali!! need to go read your mammoth post!

BellyBelly Member

Nov 2007

hi there girls
    would you all mind if i jumped in here? i've popped in and out a couple of times before, but i'm begininng to feel like i really need some support with my little one...
    can i ask you guys a couple of questions...
    Alex cat naps during the day, somedays its 10 minutes (after a feed,and in my arms), sometimes he goes down into his cot, but usually he is wide awake by the time I try and wrap him - occassionally he will go down for an hour or 2 in his cot - but this is not common.
    on the boob - and I have to be careful when he wakes around 3am if I change his nappy he takes forever to settle down.
    - during the day - he will wake at say 7am - nap at 9am, then maybe again at midday, 3pmish 5pmish and then maybe 7.30pm if I'm lucky - although it can take anywhere from 40 minutes to 2-3 hours to settle him down at night time (only a nightlight on in the bedroom). But I can settle him down if I lay in bed next to him, with the boob hanging out and him sucking away. I try not to stimulate him, or look at him because he just goes feral and starts smiling and on and off the boob, and fiddles around.

When he's being mega rat, I will pat him on his bum, quickly at first then slowing down (from a fast heartbeat to a slow one).

I talked wiht a lady who played Enya to her son to settle him - I guess it was anything rhymical.

Have you spoken to your MCHN? Here they run sleep clinics once a month.

I try and wear him out - floor time and sing to him and make him laugh and play with him intensly until he shows the first sign of tiredness and then I back right off, leave him on his own for the second sign of tiredness (rubbing eyes, yawning) and then he's on the boob before he can show anything else - this is just what works for him... although I've watched so many movies, and read so many books because he will only sleep when the boob is right in his face and he is being held..

sorry to be such a pita,but as you can probably guess, we are having real sleep issues here and i really need some help and support xoxox
    Nai hope it isn't swine flu.
    Ali - OMG! I'd be giving MIL baby duty for 4 hrs or get her to do the washing/housework - put her to work if she insists on popping in unannounced!

Rain - was just remembering a friend who could get her daughter to sleep in a swing. I gave up on Alex sleeping during the day - I'm happy if he sleeps at night time, and just naps during the day - of course he'll sleep in the car and in the pram! - have you tried putting bubs in the pram and just going out for a walk, over some bumpy ground?
    Last edited by Malyna; June 1st, 2009 at 04:59 PM.

BellyBelly Member

Nov 2007

Quick question - aside from how many feeds a day your bubs are doing, how long do they feed for? Jacob seems to have gotten really quick all of a sudden. He will feed 5-7mins on each side then pull off crying and carrying on. Won't re-attach to the first side for love nor money (even though there's still milk in there) but will immediately feed from the second side when offered. I can't even usually get a burp out of him until the end because he just screams. So the feeds are lasting 10-15 mins and he will just cry if I continue to offer either side after that. Does that sound normal and like he'd be getting enough? He is gulping steadily the whole time he's on.

Anyone else's bub recently discovered TV? Jacob will stare at it for ages. Not sure how I feel about that!
    Alex feeds can take forever - he falls asleep in the middle of them.
    he does like TV... he has a tendancy to leave his head looking right, so I'll put him in front of the TV, so he has to turn his head to the left to watch it (hehe).. but I don't have the TV on during the day (except to watch movies) and I never put him facing the TV (he's always on the side to the TV)

Sorry for the haphazard posts.. I've got a lurgy and am feeling like crap. I just want to sleep all the time and I feel like I'm coming down with a cold or something).
    Gotta go and collect DH from work - his ankle is cactus and he can't walk.. just typical.. just got Alex down 20 minutes ago.. MEN! ARGH!!

May 2007

1) how many sleeps a day is your baby having? Mostly around 4 or 5 40/45ish min sleeps2) how is the main way that you get them to sleep? She self settles MOST of the time in her cot, but as the day goes on it gets harder.3) how long are they awake for between sleeps? Anywhere frm 1 to 1.5 hrs
    Overnight she will sleep anywhere from 8 hours to 11 hours just depending. She usually self settles in the night after her feed, but has been known to be a bit of a monkey during the night.
    It is so hard with the day sleeps as I can't spend heaps of time on the resettle as I have a 2.5 yo, and she is just so cute and smiles at me, that I can't help but get her up!.

Ali - I would be annoyd. We had that issue with MIL with my DS< buyt now we live too far away for many people to do the drop in!

Very funny poo story - so far we have not had any poos in the bath. DS never pood in the bath, so lets hope E is the same.

Shell - I have beenb waticvhing season 4 of Jon and Kate plus Eight on Youtube. Nearly finished the season. Then I will start watching the new season that is airing in the US at the moment. (We are 1 season behind here)
    Nai - I hope everything is OK and it is not the flue.

RR - I am glad that you are doing well being single.

J went to the zoo with my parent on the weekend. He now informs me that Lions eat Yogurt for Breakfast!
    I am going back to the zoo in a few weeks as I am a mystery shopper. They give me free tix and I have to mystery shop0 one of the food outlets there. If anyone is interested in being a mystery shopper, let me know and I will send you the link. I mainly mystery shop Chemists, Hungry Jacks, Dominos Pizza, and Southern Ctoss Station. There are also occasional jobs for the zoo, as well as Werribee open range, and Soverign Hill. It is different for each state thoug.

Apr 2008

Jols- I had no idea that it would be that long as I was writing it. I had word dribble!

Megie- I am interested but I am in NSW. Do you know who I can get in contact with. Sounds like fuN! LOL at lions eating yoghurt for brekkie! Thats cute!

Tarkine- Hope you feel better soon

Apr 2008
    Melbourne

Long story short. Probably a throat infection. However, because of our monkey's proximity to a known outbreak monkey, we're now in a seven-day quarantine. Results from tests come back on Wed (most likely). If they're negative. No quarantine.

Please leave take-away Indian and beer at the front door.

All for a not as terrible as suspected flu. Oh, and if anything SERIOUS ever hits this country, gawd help us all. DHS were falcon useless. Hopefully, they'll learn from their current ineptitude.

Jun 2007

girls thank you all so much for your responses, it's actually made me feel a lot better! like he's not that bad i guess lol

ali- you definitely need to stop your mil doing the drop in. i hate people just dropping in here! luckily my mil lives in sydney so we don't get that. my friend's mum always drops in here unannounced though and i can't stand it. usually i'm sitting on the couch in my undies or something! lol
    can i ask what type/brand of bouncer you have?

megie- how did you teach your dd to self-settle? i'm so jealous!
    do the lions really eat yoghurt?

tarkine- your ds sounds a lot like my ds1-boob obsessed! lol
    do you co-sleep?
    we've got a swing but he won't fall asleep in it. very annoying as ds1 used to.

ajp- i wish he would take a dummy but he refuses. have you taken millie to kingswim yet?

well i had to go shopping today to buy new jeans as i can't do any of my old pairs up. scarey!!!

eta-oh no nai. how are you going to entertain yourselves for 7 days?

Dec 2005
    Melbourne, Vic

Umm, it depends really on how long she sleeps for, maybe 4 roughly.

She sleeps in her bassinet in laundry at the moment cause its dark in there, she knows now it means sleep time. I have a cuddle, wrap her in a sheet with her arms near her face, pop the dummy in, put on her white noise, some sleeps she'll go off with out a noise, other times I do have to go in pat her, replace the dummy.

Usually an hour to hour and half, sometimes longer, all depends on how ling she slept prior, but I do try put her down after 1.5hrs even if she doesn't seem that tired cause I notice otherwise she gets harder to put down the longer she is up for.

Nai- Thats PITA to have to stay home, I'm unsure what to think of all this, the media makes it seem all scary but if its no worse than usual flu why is everyone freaking out?

Meg- I joined up for that when I was on mat leave with Ash and all the things in my area got snatched up before I got chance so gave up in the end, now I'm too tired to do it! Thats cute bout the lions, we're planning a trip to zoo next school holidays if we can find a nice day to go in.

Ali- Vent all you like! My MIL on the odd occasion pops in but usually afternoon and not so often. I remember when Ash was newborn and they used to call in the morn and say what time will she be feeding and sleeping this arvo cause we want to come over and see her. Well as if I could predict that with a newborn! They got annoyed that they always came when she was feeding or asleep, well thats all she did do, lol. She is sooo much better thsi time around.

Laura- I'm glad to hear you're doing well, saw the pics on FB, looks like Logan had good time. Good on you going to the gym, you sore from it?

AJP- the only prob we have now with TT is some nights she plays up and says she needs to go the toilet, like every 5 mins instead satying in bed!

Kaz- lol at that story, only once you have kids you can appreciate good poo story!

Em been feeding 3hrly day and night last couple nights so tired, hopefully just growth spurt.

Feb 2006
    melbourne

rainy been once 2 weeks ago, i can only really go on a tuesday as sophie goes to mums, but it also depends on when she sleeps, she loved it though!! we'll have to sort out a day and go together,i'll get mum to look after sophie, can someone have lewis for an hour or so?

shell sophie did the same but it seems to have abaited a little! she also wakes up dry some mornings

Jun 2007

ajp- yes i'd love to take jimmy one day, let me know when you're going next. my dad is in croydon so if he's home i can leave lewis there for a bit.

shellbell-i wish jimmy would take a dummy. my laundry is usually a pigsty cos i'm tooo lazy re: washing lol

Feb 2006
    melbourne

awesome will do rainy!

Jan 2008
    in my head

Rainforest - DS does similar to what the other girls have posted. He's had 4 sleeps today and I'm currently trying for a 5th. He will likely need another feed before he goes down for the night and he can take anywhere up to an hour to settle after the last feed. I can usually get a 1.5-2hour sleep out of him first thing in the morning. After that, it's very rare that he sleeps more than 45 mins to an hour. He needs more settling/resettling as the day wears on. We are using a dummy - occasionally he will go down without it. I have tried white noise and rocking his basinette - sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. The sling was good for quite a while but he is getting a bit big for it now and doesn't have the head control yet for the other one. He is awake progressively longer as the day wears on too. So for the first feed he is usually only awake 30-45mins but by the end of the day he can be awake 2-2.5hours and on a bad day, won't sleep in the afternoon/evening at all no matter what I try.
    Nai - Bummer about being in quarantine! I really hope it's not swine (or another serious) flu. I agree about the hype. Other countries like the US and Canada are now just letting it run it's course like any other flu.
    Ali - It never rains but it pours huh? You poor thing. That would have irritated mother teresa darl! Hopefully your DP's chat will work.
    Shell - You must be exhausted only getting a couple of hours sleep at a time. Hope it's over soon and Em starts to go longer between overnight feeds.
    Laura - Hello!! Well done on getting to the gym and the weightloss! Glad you're happy being single.
    Meg - Is your DS wanting to eat yoghurt now so he can grow up big like a lion? lol!!
    AJP - What does ringworm look like? Is it itchy for her? Poor little poppet.

AFM - Went to see the CFHN today for me and Jacob got weighed a day early. He's now 5.4kg and has grown another 2cm (in two weeks!!). Head circ is another 1cm bigger too. Feeling more relaxed about his feeding now. It's funny how I kind of knew he was probably ok because he looks happy most of the time, lots of wet/dirty nappies, bright eyes, alert etc but knowing the numbers (that he's consistently put on almost 200g a week for quite a few weeks now) makes me feel so much better. Why can't I just trust my instincts?

... 614151617