1234513 ...

thread: Babies Born~February 16th-28th 2009 #4

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Jul 2008
    S.E. Melbourne

Laura, I'm glad Bella is going well now. How does the qv oil and coco butter fair on her skin?

Shell, hope you had an alright night last night and DP helped you!

OP, glad you got a night out and had some fun The little ones are always on their best behaviour for anyone but us!

Megie, I'm really considering sleep school atm...I might give the queen elizabeth centre a call if things don't get better by next week. There's also a sleep school at Masada Private, but yeah...it's private and expensive and QEC is public, no cost. I think Masada do controlled crying as well which I'm not sure I would like...which school are you going to if you don't mind me asking?

Nai, where do you get the energy?! Kudos to you! I can't run full stop lol

Ali, glad all went well with the vax. It's awful seeing them cry but all is quickly forgotten once you whip booby out!

Kaz, oh yeah I couldn't imagine anything more miserable than being uncontrollably itchy Especially a baby, not having the control to scratch (which yeah I guess is a good thing coz he won't bleed!)

AJP, yayy I'm glad the scalp cream worked for you. Gives me some reassurance. Can't wait to try it.

Well, afm...I'm a bit concerned with L. Lately, like the last maybe 4 days or so, he has been really fussy while feeding and not feeding for long at all. He's also been really sleepy, but doesn't actually sleep well or for long coz something always disturbs him and disrupts his sleep, whether it be wind, his itchy skin, reflux etc...and he hadn't done a poo since Friday but went this morning thank goodness! He used to go almost after every feed! Anyway...he has always gained weight so well, about 400g a week since birth but I weighed him yesterday at mothers group and he has only gained 70 grams since last Tuesday?!?!?!?!?!?! I knew it would slow down, but so rapidly I didn't expect. Should I be worried?

Apr 2008

Holly- I am not sure about the feeding thing, etc but with the skin we have had our fair share of probs there. With Ash I use QV bath oil (1 lid full) in the bath. Then I use sorbolene cream on her face (straight sorbolene no glycerine added- watch out for that when you are buying it from the chemist) and I also got aromababy almond oil from the chemist which she gets a massage with after a bath. SInce i have beenm using these products her skin ahs improved dramatically. When I notivce her brow or her headline getting dry I apply the sorbolene cream on it and it clears it up. I dont put the almond oil on her face.
    Hope someone else can help you with the feeding prob. Might be worth PMing Barb as she is very helpful.

I have to keep moving as I am trying to get the floors vacummed and washed before Ash wakes up again. Have already done the ironing! Hmmm wonder if I can also bath the dogs! Probably not!

Dec 2005
    Melbourne, Vic

Holly- i got worried too when Em only did 70g for a week but I assume she is ok cause she looks healthy and doesn't seem like she is hungry now so who knows. Not sleeping well might affect his feeding? Maybe have a chat with your MCHN about it. I know when my nephew had sleeping problems his weight dropped off but he was barely sleeping at all.

I've booked Em in for her needles thurs arvo, I'm nervous!
    She is sleeping ok at night just in the day has these screaming episodes, bit like deja vu cause Ash did alot daytime screaming too, I think it has to do with sleeping so lightly and being so easily awoken that she gets overtired then and screams.

Apr 2008
    Melbourne

Shell - good luck for this arvo. I'm sure Em will be fine. Miss J has only just started to get herself sorted with day sleeps in the last week so Em might get better at it in a few weeks hopefully.

I just noticed that Miss J is getting some cradle cap DD1 had it quite badly but I didn't do anything about it as her hair was so thick that you couldn't see it or even access her scalp! I did try olive oil but she smelt like a salad so I gave that up. Any suggestions on what to use?

BellyBelly Member

Nov 2007

Shell I hear you with the tired cranky ones.

Kaz - does the hospital where you had bubs have a physio dept. Our local one has free physio for women who had their bubs there for 12mths (from pregnancy). Physios don't work for me.. prefer osteos. but guess it depends what the issue is.

Ali - glad to hear the injection went well.
    Holly - call the local MCHN if you have any concerns. I know BF babies tend not to poo all the time and can go for 2 weeks without a poop - hate to change that nappy.

Sorry know I've missed a few people.. just slack and I'm cross eyed from all the reading I've been doing, but have to do something to stop myself from going insane with a booby monster who uses my boob as his dummy. Last night he was on for 1.5hrs, took him off, thought yipee he's asleep, put him down and bingo he's wide eyed.

DH took DS out on SAturday for 2hrs. I needed some mummy time in the garden with a creeper that was threatening to grow on the electricity wire and DH wouldn't have cut it down on his own, so I got out my frustration with the clippers! Saved Dh from getting cut to shreds with my temper, man was I on the warpath on Saturday!!

BellyBelly Member

Nov 2007

Shell I hear you with the tired cranky ones.

Kaz - does the hospital where you had bubs have a physio dept. Our local one has free physio for women who had their bubs there for 12mths (from pregnancy). Physios don't work for me.. prefer osteos. but guess it depends what the issue is.

Ali - glad to hear the injection went well.
    Holly - call the local MCHN if you have any concerns. I know BF babies tend not to poo all the time and can go for 2 weeks without a poop - hate to change that nappy.

Sorry know I've missed a few people.. just slack and I'm cross eyed from all the reading I've been doing, but have to do something to stop myself from going insane with a booby monster who uses my boob as his dummy. Last night he was on for 1.5hrs, took him off, thought yipee he's asleep, put him down and bingo he's wide eyed.

DH took DS out on SAturday for 2hrs. I needed some mummy time in the garden with a creeper that was threatening to grow on the electricity wire and DH wouldn't have cut it down on his own, so I got out my frustration with the clippers! Saved Dh from getting cut to shreds with my temper, man was I on the warpath on Saturday!!

Dec 2005
    Melbourne, Vic

Nai- I used sorbolene and just rubbed that into the scalp. I use it for everything!

Tarkine- Yep you've got a booby monster there, Ash used to be exactly the same thats why I was so for using the dummy straight off with Em, I hope your getting rest in between, you must like gardening cause personally I wouldn't consider that a break, lol.

Always settling for the night is my annoying dummy time, think I've replaced it 10 times. I tried the 3 times and your out but the screaming started, shes fed, been winded 3 times. She does this everynight!

Feb 2006
    melbourne

nai i lather millies head with moogoo scalp cream then wash off an hour or so later inthe bath, but its hard cos she has lots of hair too.

shell

tarkine hi hun

Add mhami on Facebook

Feb 2008
    Melbourne

I've been using dummies since about 5 weeks and they are an absolute godsend at times, but hoping to reduce them by 3 months. Posy is starting to reject them anyway.

Holly - will be interested to hear how you go at sleep school and if it helps you both get a better night's sleep. The March Melbourne mums are thinking of getting together in June. Let us know on the other forum if you'd like to meet up (if you're not too exhausted!) - will probably be in the city.

Tarkine - what have you been reading? I've been trying to read Barack Obama's memoir for weeks but find during feeds I just like to sit and stare (and do my pfm exercises )

DH and I went out for dinner last night to celebrate the 4th anniversary of our first meeting. Posy was lovely - very happy in her sling - and had one feed. DH and I knew very quickly that we would have at least one child together. Funny how you can just be so certain so early in a relationship. Anyway, we were feeling very nostalgic about our first date, first kiss, etc, etc

Det - so great to hear about your successful trip to QLD and your nan's surprise. Did you hire a car with a baby capsule? I'd like to go to a conference in June but uncertain about transporting her around, etc.

Feb 2008
    Down Under

mhami - there is a melb meetup on the 8th june.. is that the one you are talking about?

BellyBelly Member

Nov 2007

mhami - twilght books - so they aren't as in depth as obama's memoirs (which would be great)...

Wish Alex was a dummy baby.. we tried it in hospital (when the nurses weren't looking) but he just spat it out... tried putting maple syrup on the end of it, and he sucked the stuff off and then spat the dummy out...

I think Alex didn't read all the baby books before he was born!!

He had a major upchuck last night - then a snack and slept from 9.30 to 3!! OMG.. I was in shock, of course didn't get to sleep til 1am, coz I was sure he was waking any second then he slept til 7.30am!!

Jul 2008
    S.E. Melbourne

Wow Tarkine, great sleep!

Shell, how did you go last night? We have found a dummy that L will take. He has been using it to go to sleep when it's hard to settle him, and then we take it out once he's asleep and so far he hasn't woken up wanting it. Saw the MCHN yesterday and she's happy with his weight. After gaining only 70g in 6 days, he gained 90g in 2 days this week - I just can't keep up! He's still 75th percentile for weight so it's all good.

Mhami, I replied in the other forum and yep I'm in for a meetup! Happy anniversary!

Nai, how come you have to get the cradle cap off? Sorry if I sound silly....but I don't know anything about it! Does it irritate them? I've heard it can be itchy? I think L has some too.

Ali, thanks for your support So QV oil and sorbolene seem to be a favourite I see! Does sorbolene have parafen/mineral oil in it though? My DP gets bad eczema and I think sorbolene made it worse He can't use anything with parafen/mineral oil.

Gotta go, L's stirring!

Apr 2008
    Melbourne

Tarkine - it sucks when you don't sleep and they do! If only you could tell when that would happen.

Holly, the cradle cap looks bad, I think it can spread and also get infected so it's best to nip it in the bud. She also has it a little on her eyebrows

I went to book club last night and left DP with the kids - they were asleep when I left. Anyway Miss J woke up (which she never does) and was unsettled so he gave her the expressed milk I had left but it wasn't enough. So he tried to settle her for 1.5hrs until I got home. Boy, you would think I was the worst mum in the world theway he carried on. I was gone for 3hrs in total - my child is highly unlikely to starve in that time surely! Anyway I fed her at 11pm and she slept until 9am - she must have been exhausted.

Add mhami on Facebook

Feb 2008
    Melbourne

Tarkine - enjoy those Twilight books! I saw the movie with my 12 y.o niece and she thought it was the best thing she had ever seen.

Nai - let us know how you go with the cradle cap. We haven't had it but did have sticky eye for a few weeks there. Very unattractive!

Rainbow Raver - I didn't know about the 8 June meet-up but always wanting to meet other mums. Are there any more details yet?

Posy is waking up for one feed around 4 am then eventually going back to sleep. For a while there she was sleeping through until 6. Very keen to have that happen again! But I know I am very lucky.

Apr 2008
    Melbourne

mhami - here's the link for the meet
    https://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums...ew-thread.html

Jan 2008
    in my head

Hi girls,

Jacob had his shots yesterday. He was an angel all day and fed/slept well aside from one 15 min period of screaming. He had a raised temp for a while but it came down quickly. He is having another good morning this morning too - feeding well, feeding faster and going down straight away with no dummy. Lets hope his magic number is 8 weeks and this new improved feeding routine continues

Went to my first WW meeting last night and much to my surprise I didn't know anyone!! According to my scales I've already lost a couple of kilos since I started late last week whoooohoooo!!!!

I've also spent heaps of money on more MCN and still need to buy more fabric to make a few more. Shhhh......don't tell DP!!

May 2008
    Melbourne, Vic

Afternoon lovely yummy mummies,

Kaz - you little ripper, let's hope 8 is J's magic number! Sounds like you guys are getting into a good routine. So glad he was good after his jabs. Good work on the weight loss too!

Mhami - I saw the Twilight movie with my sister, I'm 28 and she is 30 But there were mainly tweens there (10-15 y.o.) and when it finished they were all saying things like "THAT WAS THE BEST THING I HAVE EVER EVER EVER SEEN" sorry but it required caps - they were beside themselves!!! My sister and I thought that was quite funny

Oh congrats on your anniversary! Sounds like you and DH had a great night and Posy was nice and accommodating

Tarkine - how good are the books? I loved them! Great tuning out reading. Good sleeps from little A too!

Nai, that would have sucked walking back in to that! I'm going to a book club on May 27th, quite looking forward to it! Better get into my book. Great sleep - 11pm to 9am, I am extremely jealous!

Holly, as Det says, any gain is a gain. Good work Mr L I don't know much about cradle cap either and I think DD is getting some...

I'm sure I've missed some people... hi to AJP, RR, Ali, SJ, etc!

AFM: well we've migrated DD into a sleeping bag. Rugged her up a bit warmer last night and then into the sleeping bag. Went to the pub for DH's birthday - had a counter meal and then played some trivia, DD went to sleep in the pram (still in sleeping bag) with the cover on so it was nice and dark and slept the whole time we were there!

Then she woke as we were transferring into the car etc, so when we got home I fed her and we put her back down. She slept til about 1am, then a quick feed and back to sleep and woke at 5.30am. So that was pretty good!

DH brought her in for another feed around 8am, at which point I realised I'd been so tired the night before I'd done three feeds off the same side and the poor neglected BB was like three times the size of the other one and was leaking everywhere

Feeling very tired today. Really hoping Isabel has a good night tonight as tomorrow is my b'day and I don't want to be a zombie.

We've also got people coming over on Sat for a birthday barbie and I feel like I'm getting a cold... here's hoping I make it through.

And then there's Mothers' Day! Sigh!

Dec 2005
    Melbourne, Vic

Em had her needles today she settled pretty well after only couple mins crying and seemed ok for rest day. I'm happy only 2 needles, when Ash was that age it was 3 but seems now they've combined 2 of them.

Ash been bit naughty, we go library story time each week and today she kept running round being loud and being rude to me when I told her to be quiet, even library lady asked her 3 times to be quiet anyway in end she practically got asked to leave and so there I was trying to carry Em and drag Ash out while she had a tantrum over having to leave!

OP- Lol at feeding off one side, the other would've been quite uncomfy by that stage, you doing anything for mothers day?

Nai- Don't think men realise what we have to deal with on a daily basis. If Df has Em and she carries on it always 'what do I do?' or makes out its a huge deal, my comeback is always 'welcome to my world!'

Holly- sounds like his weight gain is fantastic there. How is he sleeping now?

mhami- sounded like a very nice relationship dinner, sling great to use to keep them quiet to enjoy a meal.

I'm getting wii fit for mothers day, woohoo.

1234513 ...