... 56789 ...

thread: Babies Born~February 16th-28th 2009 #4

Apr 2008

JOls- DD has a bigger head than Millie! and there is 3 weeks difference! Ashlyn is now in the 75th %ile for all stats so she is proportioned though and doesnt look like she has a massive head on a little body!

Shell- My MCHN asked me yesterday how many times a day i feed and I hve no idea i just said 8! LOL! Will count today.
    Ashlyn sleeps normally 7pm till 11:30pm then wakes again between 4 or 5am. But it does vary. Two nights a go I fed her 3 times during the night. I dont bother with the dream feed as it makes no difference and she will still wake up an hour or 2 later. The 7pm bedtime works for me because then I can watch H&A and then DP gets home at 11:30pm so it works well. I wish she would sleep through the 5am wake up though!

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Feb 2006
    melbourne

shell millie normally does a long stretch, say 6.45-anything from 12am-3am, then can feed 4 hourly til morning, some nights we feed once others twice. last night was good! she still has 7 feeds a day yesterday she fed 2 hourly during the day.

ETA ali!!!

millie is 55% for weight
    45% for head
    75% for lenght

May 2008
    Melbourne, Vic

Shell, come over here and have a big hug
    We are still doing 4hrly over night too. You are not alone. I am desperate for more sleep and I think that's why I've gotten sick.

Let me count feeds yesterday from 6am to 6am... I think 10 We're feeding 2hrly during the day, or thereabouts, then 4hrly over night. Gosh, hadn't counted in a while... that's a lot of feeds. Maybe a growth spurt?

Last night I tried just resettling with dummy when she woke at 10.30pm but she kept crying so I fed... and she went to sleep, so she must have been hungry. At 3am I just gave up and fed. We are lucky if we get a long stretch at night. I tried a dream feed too and it didn't work so I'm just following Isabel's lead.

AJP, thanks, feeling better this morning, still stuffed up but not running so much. Sounds like she went well at the MCHN. Though Isabel weighed 5.8 at her 8wk weigh in LOL. You're getting some great sleep!

Ali, good stats for Ash! LOL that she has a bigger head than Millie
    Isabel sleep about the same - 7pm to 10 or 11pm, then wakes between 3 and 5am. Then back to sleep til about 6 or 7am.

Isabel is off to be weighed on Monday. Will be interesting to see how she goes!

AFM: As I said above feeling a bit better but I think Isabel is definitely getting sick. She sounds snuffly when she feeds and hasn't really been interested in playing much today, just seems to want to feed, be cuddled or sleep. She's been sneezing a bit more than usual too...

She woke at about 10am just now, she was cooing in her cot so I left her for a bit, got her up at about 10.15, she had started crying, real tears, so I cuddled her and she stopped, then when I put her down to change her nappy she started crying again. So I was as quick as possible, then fed her and when she had finished she was looking at me and then just started crying. Put her up on the shoulder but no burp or regurgitation, just more crying. She settled down, put her on the floor to play but she just rubbed her eyes and started crying again so I've put her back to sleep.

Poor little poppet. I feel really bad for her.

Feb 2006
    melbourne

awww poor chicken its hard on the little ones when they get sick
    OP hun you must request a avartar from trillian!!!! im hanging for you to get onE

May 2008
    Melbourne, Vic

I requested it last night!!!

Soon hopefully..

Ooh the poppet is awake. Let's see if she is happier...

Apr 2008

OP- DD is the same today. Maybe she is getting sick also. SHe is getting really upset coming off the boob but then doenst want to go back on, doesnt want the dummy, doesnt want to be put down, cried during nappy change (i have never tried to change a nappy that quickly before) and is now asleep in her bouncer. I cant wait to see your avvy as well.

I am also very upset today as I just had to stop my dogs from eating a baby blue tongue lizard. They were chucking it up int he air and barking so loudly at it. I am out there crying and screaming at them with a broom to get my dogs away, AShlyn was inside crying, I rang DP to come home. I wish they would stay out of our yard. I love them but my dogs think they are play toys and I cant handle them being hurt. The little bluey has a head injury with blood soming out the top of its head but it is moving. I'm so angry at my dogs. This is the second one in 3 weeks. And both have been babies.

Feb 2006
    melbourne

yay OP!!!! hope isabel is happier!

ali awwww thats not nice doggy play poor lizard.

MCHN wants me to go see me Dr sooner rather than later too, worried about my fatigue and the fact i have bee teary lately, worried about PND again..hope it isnt

May 2008
    Melbourne, Vic

Oh AJP please go hun, even if just for your peace of mind. Get things checked out. If it is PND, you need to start talking to someone about it.

Let's organise a Melb meet up from this thread! I'm always a bit intimidated by the bigger BB get togethers... I like the idea of starting smaller. Interested?

Ali, you poor thing having to deal with that. I would be heart broken too. I'm so glad my cat doesn't bring presents home to me... that way I can pretend she doesn't kill anything. My old family cat brought home a pigeon one time, my sister and I took it to the vet to try and save it but he ended up putting it down, I cried!

Well Isabel is back down again. She didn't cry during nappy change and feed this time at least... she had a little play on the floor and I read some books and then the eye rubbing and yawns started. She only lasted 35 mins! She's still awake in her cot, gurgling and sneezing ( ) away. Not crying at least. How can they be so tired but then so awake in their cots?

Here's a question - how are all your bubbas hand movements going? Isabel seems to have started rubbing her eyes when she's tired, which must be a intentional hand movement but doesn't seem to want to grab at anything yet. Does that sound normal?

Mar 2007

Nai- Thanks for that, I just get to frustrated, I don't think I'm patient enough so I just resort to the HAB Yay on the rolling!! How clever. Hmm......I don't think I give Grace enough floor time or tummy time.
    OP- Hope you feel better soon. Sucks that we still can't take anything when we're sick!! DD is only learning about her hand still, she's fascinated with them and is obsessed with sucking them, she doesn't grab anything yet though either.
    Jols- Oh man, 3 hrs in the basinette, bliss!! I just can't get more than 30mins The other day when I gave her all her sleeps in the basinette she was cranky all day and not her usual smiley happy self so then I felt like a bad mummy for forcing her to sleep there and making her unhappy.
    Oh no, are you ok?? Do you feel like it might be PND again?? I hope not
    Megie- How on earth do you get her to self-settle!! That would be so good. DD won't at all, it just snds up with screaming!!
    Ellie- good to hear from you!
    Ali- I got her to have 3 sleeps in the basinette the other day, they only lasted 30mins each so she was grumpy for the rest of the day Oh man, how did you get all that house work done, super woman! Oh no! Naughty dogs!!
    shell- you're not the only one! Actually you have it better than me!! DD has been waking 3hrly for feeds overnight I don't know wtf the deal is atm but she's not having the one big sleep like she used to!!!!!! I'm so tired!! We still have about 8 feeds I think.

Got DD weighed today too:
    5.84kg - up 310g in 2 wks
    length- 60.5cm
    HC- 40cm
    She's only put on 155g a week this time, is that ok? Does it usually slow down about now? I'm used to her putting on about 220g a week.

Apr 2008

Jols- are you feeling similar to how you felt last time leading up to PND? Hope you are okay. I think the tiredness is probably making you teary as well
    OP- DD swipes at things alot and reaches for things, she has also started to put her hands near her mouth with control. When I was at the MCHN yestereday I was reading a chart saying they should have alot more time with their hands open now which I have noticed DD does.
    Heaven- They are great stats. Still a great weight gain. DD sleeps mainly in her bouncer during the day. Probably not the best but it works and I am happy with it, she really likes the vibrating thing in the bouncer! Reminds me of an episode of Sex and the city! It is good she likes it in their as I sometimes put her on the dining room table and she watches me cook or iron even when she is awake. I think it was the best thing we have bought! It is my life saver some days!
    Kaz- How is DS going with his weight?

Dec 2005
    Melbourne, Vic

heaven- That weight gain sounds great. More than Em puts on at weigh ins. 3 hour feeds don't know how you do it when I'm struggling with 4. I try stretch it out but end up too tired so just give in and feed.

OP- Sounds like Em she does the eye rub and holds the dummy in her mouth but won't grab at things. Melb meet-up sounds great, we could all try meet somewhere central, if weather was warmer we could've had picnic somewhere.

AJP- Yeah i think would be best to go see Dr to get checked over, better to know sooner than later if it is PND again, could be just a combination of low iron and exhaustion but better to know one way or other.

Ali- great weight gain there! Eww at the lizard, I wouldn't know what to do! That'd upset me too.

Nai- How is G doing?

Em's been bit off today too, been more unsettled and unhappy than usual. Must be something in the air.

I was thinking today how we've nearly made it to 3 months, well some of us already have gone fast in a way. I tell myself already made it this far and another 3 months time they should be all sleeping alot better (unless they are like how my DD1 was).

Mar 2007

Ali- I have a rocker with the vibration too but I never put the vibration on, maybe I should. I always think wouldn't it make you itchy?? pmsl. Like when you fall asleep in the car with your head against the window and the vibration makes your nose itchy hahahahahahaha
    shell- me too, I'm just so tired and i know feeding will put her back to sleep so i do it which i guess just perpetuates the cycle, lol, damn! I can't believe how much DD has changed in the 3 months and can't imagine what she'll be like in another 3 months!! omg, she's growing up too quick!!

Jan 2008
    in my head

Hi girls, Sorry - I feel like I've been a bit MIA the past few days! Just been busy and getting out and about more. (Spent 4 hours straight out of the house the other day and had my hair cut on an unplanned whim while out (thought I'd just make the appt but they offered the cut/colour there and then) - breastfed at the hairdressers WHOOOHOOO!!!!). It's the first thing I've done for me since Jacob was born - felt good but guilty too IYKWIM?

I'm pretty sure I've read most or all of the posts Lots to catch up on and not much time before dinner.

Many hugs for those of you struggling at the moment - esp you AJP and Holly!! Take care of yourselves girls. OP I hope you're feeling better soon too darl.

With regard to sleeping - I kind of feel better knowing some of your bubs are still feeding 2 hourly during the day and 4 hourly overnight. Jacob does this most days. He has some better days of course but generally he feeds 2-2.5 hourly during the day. Stays awake from 5pm-10 or 11pm and wakes again at 1:30am and then 5:30am for feeds. Occasionally he will 'sleep through' - maybe once a week or less. Yesterday he hardly slept at all between any day feeds but today he has slept for some period of time between each one. He is still crying/screaming during most feeds. I can't work out what's going on - sometimes wind but other times a mystery. Actually, it feels like he's doing it more often lately. Used to only be the afternoon/evening feeds, now it's the mornings ones as well and he's occasionally unsettled overnight. He's cried on the change table a few times now too. It's wearing me down a bit actually that he cries and screams during 80% of our feeds.

Shell - still feeding 7-8 times here too.

Gotta go, dinners done but will hopefully BBL for personals

Jul 2008
    S.E. Melbourne

Hi everyone,

We've been in hospital the past 3 days, just got discharged today. L's bronchiolitis got really bad, poor and laboured breathing, very wheezy, coughing up his feeds and really lethargic They used a tube to put up his nose to suction out the mucous - I've never seen him so upset and screaming the way he did, but it got out a heap of gunk. Now we're home and I'm sick At the hossy, we were in the next room to my sister who had pneumonia! L seems to be getting better. The doctors were happy enough to discharge him and said he'd only pick up more bugs being at hospital...fair enough. Anyway, so just watch out if your little ones start coughing a lot and have a wheezy chest and congested nose! Apparently it's really common in babies and can usually be treated at home. We were in a 4 bed ward and all the babies had it!

My other sister who has been remanded is also having a tough time. The girls have ganged up on her because she's been keeping to herself and she gets terrible panic attacks so she's too scared to go to the kitchen for meals, she just stays in her room. The other day she finally came out for dinner and they pinned her down and messed her up with food or something like that and now she's scared they are going to plan to beat her up or worse She is only 17. I can't believe girls that age can be so feral.
    I'm really upset for her and wish I was there!

Thanks for all your support I'm just so buggered, need sleep! Will try and catch up with you all soon. Thanks Megie for your offer, might take it up when I'm 100%. Nai, I live in McKinnon which is in the south-east, next to Bentleigh/East Brighton. Would be good to have a meet up and I'm sure there's one planned but I can't remember!

Anyway, better try and get some sleep while L is sleeping. xox

Apr 2008
    Melbourne

Holly - I'm so glad to hear Leon is on the mend - that must have been a tough time for you. I hope you are on the mend too. OP suggested a meet for this group which would be nice.

Kaz - I know what you mean - I had my hair done today too for the first time since before I had Miss J. It was soooo nice although Miss J decided to wake up and cry right in the middle of my head massage. Not so relaxing!

Jols - I hope you are able to get in to see the Dr asap and get some answers. I know iron deficiency can make you feel down and tired so hopefully it is that and can be fixed easily.

Heaven - 155g a week is good. I remember DD1 was gaining 120g a week from this stage and that was fine. BF babies especially go through peaks and troughs with their weight gain. Some weeks they will grow heaps in length but not gain much weight and that's normal too.

Ali - Grrr at the dogs (at least a lizard is easier to get rid of than a possum...) Ash sounds like she is doing really well.

OP - I hope Isabel doesn't get sick! I like your idea of a smaller meet - we should get onto that!

Feb 2006
    melbourne

aww holly sorry to hear leon got so sick nothing worse than seeing bubs sick. hope both your sisters come home soon too.

kaz and nai it must be the time for hair appointments!! i had my cut and coloured last week!! feels good

sara thats a great gain!! they do start to plateau out now.

millie pood twice between boob and bed tonight grrrrr 3 nappies in the space of 5 mins!

thanks everyone, told DH tonight and hes worried too but were both more concerned that its fatigue, ali i dont feel like i did last time, apart from the tearyness but taht still not as bad hopefully its just the iron.

Jan 2008
    in my head

I really hope it is just the low iron for you darl, although, having said that, it's still a long recovery road you're on to get your iron levels up via diet and supplements. Did you end up with a blood transfusion at hospital? I was nervous about having one and it totally sucked at the time (took over 10 hours with lots of checks and no sleep during that period) but it was probably the best decision I made. Your teariness could just be due to tiredness. I still get teary on days when I feel exhausted and it's been one thing after another all day long. I was told in hossy that I'm high risk for PND but I prefer the tiredness explanation for my tears at this point. I can totally recommend Floradix as a liquid iron supplement that doesn't constipate!! Take care

Nai - Jacob also chose to cry when I was getting the colour washed out of my hair and there was nothing I could do!! One of the other customers actually said to me "Do you think he feels abandoned?" I was like WTF?? Just said nicely, no, I am only 3 metres away, he is just tired. He was fed and changed and I was gone from the pram for all of 5 mins while he was crying. How to make a new mum feel guilty!! He fell asleep in my arms a few minutes later.

Gotta go again girls, Jacob being weighed this morning! So windy out there I don't want to have to wake him up to go out into it

Feb 2006
    melbourne

so do i kaz!! yep had the transfusion and agree was the best thing i did!!! was painfull but worth it!!
    am also taking liquid iron as well as the breastfeeding multis.
    let us know how jacobs weigh in goes!!

millies slept for a staggering 13hours last night pity i only got around 6 by the time i feel asleep and sophie waking at 5am for a whinge,and my boobs enormous and leaking! still cant believe it, she got one hand out and was sucking on that!

... 56789 ...