Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~July 16th-31st 2010 #1

rach - you look great in your photos! I think I only put on a small amount of weight as I was busy running around after the girls, and I still am. I don't stop really. I get up at 6am, get to bed at 10pm, and just run run run all day long. Good to hear the attachment issues are getting better. Breastfeeding certainly isn't an easy thing to get a grasp on, but once you do get it, it's a wonderful journey between you and bub. Your dh was home for a while with you, which is great! How are you going getting around now after your c/s? Is your scar healing ok?

Hi Girls,

Im typing one handed here while feeding Lexie so excuse the mistakes.

Jodi youre lucky only putting on 8 kg, I always seem to stack it on while pregnant. Ive lost 10kg but would still love to lose another 10kg coz I didnt lose all my weight after DD2. Im run off my feet all day too.

Rach, glad to hear the breastfeeding is getting easier. Yay for putting Hudson in cloth, have you been using your Cushies? I've got Lexie in cloth full time apart from overnight.

Hi to everyone else & welcome to the newbies, looking forward to getting to know you.

Hello lovely ladies! Am currently feeding too Leigh lol, as i will be for the rest of the night i can feel, little miss has been on and off the boob since about 5pm! We had attachment issues also but we seem to have made some progress, either that or my nipples are turning to rubber hahaha. Am having to feed her a lot anyway to try and flush her system more but is anyone else constantly feeding?

We've also had issues with her not attaching to my left boob so its quite full and rock hard in some places, i started expressing it to try and relieve it a bit, seems to work.

I survived my first day at home and after minimal sleep last night Laila and i slept in the lounge room most of the day!

Good job to those in cloth already, theres no way i could do it at the moment, everytime L farts she poos LOL, my stash wouldnt even last me a day!

Jodi - I'm in the same boat as you, my appetite isn't really back yet. I remember when I was BF DS I was ravenous and put on a ton of weight, but this time around I have to force myself to eat most of the time. I only put on 6lbs so I am below my pre pregnancy weight too.

Rach - good job on dropping weight so quickly too. I'm glad the cloth is going well for you. I have some to use too but Paige is way too small for them still.

Ammaki - Glad to hear you are are home and doing well. We've had attachment issues on the left side too but thankfully things are slowly improving. Paige poops every time I feed her so my stash of cloths wouldn't last long either.

JLK - 7 hrs, sweet!

Tasha - COngrats on your little girl, pretty name too!

Leigh - Good job on cloth already too!

Things are going ok with us. Paige lets us get an OK amount of sleep so I'm not feeling too sleep deprived, but the diaper leaks are getting to me. I have her on a soaker pad in our bed to feed her but somehow she wiggles off it an leaks out her diaper on the bed. I've never done so much laundry in my life! Good thing she's so cute!

How annoying Twin!! Anything is forgivable with babies tho isnt it haha

Little miss Laila was still unsettled at 2am and i was TIREDDDD so she came to bed with me hehe, maybe all she wanted was mummy snuggles because she slept so well! Trying not to make it a habit tho, we just need her to switch her routine by about 12 hours LOL she sleeps fine during the day!

twin - we're getting a few leaks with the cloth we're using at the moment. They seem to be gaping on the outer leg part, which is really frustrating!

ammaki - we had Ambah unsettled at 2am last night as well, and we ended up bringing her into bed with us. Don't worry about it becoming a habit, she's too young to know what's what yet Enjoy those newborn snuggles while you can. Give it a couple of weeks and you'll start to notice her awake more during the day, and she'll sleep more at night. How's her jaundice going?

Just had the nurse here checking up and she said the same as you Jodi, she doesnt know the difference between night and day...she's back and a little bit passed her birth weight, feeding well and pooing/weeing well so apart from her colour the jaundice id say is almost gone, nurse is back monday for a follow up! She was more concerned with my colour then Laila's lol

Im a little surprised how well im doing with this little one, the nurse even commented saying she didnt think i was a first time mum, makes you feel good when you get reassurance like that!

Your colour? Is everything ok? My doctor is worried about my paleness. I've had a few people comment on how pale I am also. I didn't realise, but I guess I'm not feeling 100%.
    What I've always done with the day/night thing is during the day, have the curtains/blinds open, even when they're asleep. And at night, keep the house or their room dark and quiet. It may take a few weeks for them to switch around. With DD1, it was around week 3 that she switched around. DD2 & 3 have never had that issue (touch wood).
    It's great to hear that you're settling in well with becoming a mummy. Laila will pick up on that as well, and she will be much more settled if you are.

Hi Girls,

Ammaki, sounds like you are doing a great job as a mummy. Glad Laila is well and that her jaundice is almost gone.

Twin, bugger on the leaks. You're lucky you're below your pre-preg weight. I'm not, but I haven't weighed myself for a while but I can tell by my clothes that I'm not quite there yet, although after 3 c/s and the way I was cut this time (from my belly button downwards) my stomach muscles are pretty much buggered and will take a while for my tummy to flatten.

Jodi, is it your itti's that are gaping on Ambah? So far my itti's have been the best for Lexie, so have the bambooty's. I have about 20 mcn's for Lexie alone so I am pretty much right to have her in cloth full time, except over night, I haven't tried her yet.

The past 2 nights Lexie has stopped sleeping through the night, I still can't complain though coz shes sleeping from about 10:30pm through til 4:45am, would be good if she could start stetching to 6am again though.

Gotta go, I have a crying baby on my hands.

Same with me Jodi, she said i look pale..not that i was particularly tan before anyway lol. Im not concerned, i dont feel unwell!

With the jaundice we have to keep her in the light during the day anyway so hopefully your theory works!

Our little thread is starting to liven up now, how exciting!

Great to hear you and Laila are at home and doing so well Ammaki, be sure to keep resting up during the day.

Twin, hope you get your attachments issues sorted – I so understand your frustration. That’s great about your weight, I’m so envious. I need to stop baking and pigging out so I can lose the rest of my ‘baby weight’.
    How’s your DS liking his new baby sister?

Leigh -the Cushie Tushie’s are way too big at the moment, I can’t wait to start using them.

Jodi, thanks re. The photos, it helps to have a great photographer and photo shopping!! My sister did a great job on them.,

Hudson has picked up the cold my DH had and he’s really blocked up – poor little guy.
    I’ve been using the Vicks Humidifier and Little Fess to try and clear his nose but it doesn’t seem to be getting better.
    He’s been feeding heaps though. My breast pump is a godsend I don’t think my poor boobs would cope without it. We’re still having attachment and blocked duct issues – OUCHIE!
    I do have some good news though, we weighed him yesterday and he’s now 4720grams. A weight gain of 370gms in the last 8 days, we are so stoked.

Only a few of his cloth nappies fit him, same with his 000 clothes and he’s far too long for 0000. He has pretty skinny legs and teeny bum. His weight is little deceiving cause he’s not chubby at all.

We’re off to friends b’day BBQ thisarve so I best get ready and bubs hungry, I’m still ready used to how long it takes me to get organised in the morning. I do miss my undisturbed showers!!!

Hey ladies!

Sorry it took me so long to post! I only remembered this thread when i went to post in the belly buddy thread!

Kailey is doing really well. A bit cranky at times, shes having issues with wind and i think silent reflux as well.

Shes now a porker! my little tiny bubba is gone we havent had her weighed in about a week so not sure how heavy she is but shes noticebly heavier. She is still small in length as 0000 are still massive on her.

She has always had big eyes when shes awake. shes so alert and her eyes are starting to focus too. She looks right at me now and sometimes smiles. She gives me kisses now. I always hold her up in front and i kiss her and say "kisses" and one night we were having snuggles she was on my chest and she raised her head and put her mouth on mine ohh it made me cry she was so sweet

I still don't know who she looks more like, me or my DP. Most people say when they look at her they see DP but i just dont see it lol i see Kailey.. her hair is changing colour. It was light brown then got darker at the back and now has a tinge of red so not sure what colour she will have.

Sorry for no personals but hope everyone and your bubbas are doing well.

1stTimeMumma - that is sooooo cute of Kailey!!

I'm going to be lazy and just copy what I wrote in the babies due thread ...
    I have an app with my dr on Thursday. The birth suite sent my birth notes to my dr with a recommendation for me to have my post-partum check up at 2 weeks rather than at 6 weeks. The nurse wouldn't say why, but I'm assuming it's because of the placenta issue. Bleeding is still on and off. I've let the nurse know (at my dr's office) and I'm keeping an eye on it. Dr will send me off for an ultrasound which I'll get done on Thursday. Fingers crossed there's no retained placenta.

This is happening as I'm still bleeding on and off, and at times it can be heavy.

Annnnnnd ... 2 nights ago, Ambah ROLLED ONTO HER SIDE She then stayed that way for about 5 minutes, then rolled back onto her back! We couldn't believe it.

rach - how is Hudson's cold? And well done on the massive weight gain! That's fantastic. We've noticed Ambah is now too long for her 000 clothing, but not sure of her weight.

leigh - how is Lexie going, has she gone back to sleeping through the night again? Ambah had a few nights this last week of feeding every 3 hours, then the past 3 nights she's only been feeding once a night again, at around 3am. So she's going approx 6-7 hours between a feed overnight at the moment.

My bleeding has stopped...or so i think it has! Its been really on and off lately. It hasnt been heavy for about 2 weeks. My right boob has FINALLY dried up so no more leaking boobs! I do feel bad that i didnt breastfeed as i did have alot of milk come in but i just am not interested.

I that you dont have any retained placenta.

And i wish we could get Kailey to sleep through. She fed every 2 hours the other night so we upped her bottles from 75mls to 100mls and shes drinking 90mls but is still feeding every 3-4. If we try to feed her more she just ends up puking it back up and its always me who cops it lol

1stTime - Kailey sounds adorable, those are the moments that make your heart melt. Hudson has been feeding a lot more lately too, he’s taking about 100mls of my expressed milk every 3 or so hours. I’m lucky he’s not a vomiter, he’s only done it once in hospital after my milk come in.. think he gutsed too much. Don’t worry about not B/F, you’ve done what you feel is right for you.

Jodi, Ambah sounds like a clever little one too. H doesn’t even look like rolling anywhere yet, he did however give me his first real smile this morning!! I definitely couldn’t put this one down to wind, it’s so big and gorgeous!!
    Did they think at the birth you might have retained placenta? I’m still having a light bleed every now and then. Fingers crossed it’s nothing to worry about for you.
    Are back to feeling 100% yet? I think you’re a wonder woman, same with Leigh, looking after three kids so young.
    H still has his snuffly nose but he doesn’t sound as wheezy today. I’m so annoyed that he got sick, great timing from DH to get a cold and spread his germs. I didn’t reply to you about my c/s scar, it looks good and pretty much painless.

Hi to everyone else!!

Yeah, the midwife knew about the placenta after birth. She term she used was 'placenta not intact'. They're hoping it'll pass away on it's own, but I'm not sure that it will. But I have no pain, so that's a plus.
    And a big smile for mummy, that's fantastic!

1stTimeMumma - like Rach has said with regards to b/f, you've done what you feel is best for you and Kailey, and what you're most comfortable with. That's all that matters.

Back from Laila's first doctors appointment, little guts is 200g heavier then her birth weight hehe.

Wow Jodi, rolling onto her side already, thats so awesome! Gosh they grow so fast! What happens if your placenta doesnt pass on its own?

I have a question re registering her birth and getting a copy of her birth certificate, can i post both forms to BDM in the same envelope or do i have to register the birth then get a copy of the certificate later?

Laila has been sleeping with us the past few nights because she is so unsettled at night, last night she was pretty good tho, only woke up 2 or 3 times! I can live with that!

Post the forms in the one envelope, that's fine

If it doesn't pass on its own, I'll have to have a D&C

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast