Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Belly Buddies Due in March 2005 #2

was planning on writing a big post but after reading aobut kazz's sad news I dont have much to say

will be back on tomorrow to post.

hugs to all

Kayla after reading your post I had a look myself, poor Kazz I can`t believe it has happened to her again.

Now I seem to be lost for words.

Take Care Girls.

Deeanne

Debbie Lee Guest

Well that just fricken sux!!

Uno... originally she and I were due on the same date?? With the bubby she lost before this one. She wasn't meant to go through this again.

Poor Kazz! That's just not fair!!

Like you guys, not much to say now :smt022

Unreal. Poor Kazz. Since I met BB and found you wonderful women, poor Kazz has had 2 big losses, and a near miss. It seems so unfair that this could happen to her, and really makes you realise how precious the little people are inside our bellies.
    What a terrible thing to happen.

Sarah... Am I on your SMS list? Cause I didn't get an SMS

As for the news about Kazz... I just heard... I better go and post my sympathies... Poor Kazz!! I can't believe it!

Tanya

Debbie Lee Guest

I am guessing everyone is feeling as melancholy as I am atm. Kind of bitter-sweet to be excited for Trish one moment and devastated for Kazz the next, hey??

Went shopping before for some retail therapy. Spent money we don't have but on things for bubby. Got some slippers for hospital for $5! Bargain. And they are comfy! Got some cot mattress protectors, sunshades for the back windows of the car (those slip-on ones), a little mirror to attach to the back windscreen so that we can see bubs and two gorgeous little outfits. Also bought some choccy and now feel sick cos I ate too much, LOL.

Hi Girls

Just a quicky from me and Tehya Makenzie. I have updated her page with a few pics, have to rearrange them all now but it will do for the time being. When I get the chance I will do a proper birth story but for thode tha really need a brief rundown here it is.

I was feeling crappy again yest afternoon, had a nap and woke having cont, still, been having them on and off since 2ish. Rang midwife who came out at 8pm and yep this is it. Was pushing for 1 and a half hours when we realised something was holding her back, I had a huge bowel obstruction that had to be removed, grose I know. Then I was found to only be 6cm and this was at around 4 am. Back to square 1. Had to breathe through all contractions now and not push, very hard to do. Within and hour or so we were ready to go again. Got back into pool and pushed for 20 minutes and she was born. Hurt like all buggery- sorry girls. No tears, no stitches, NO DRUGS - I wish they had some for me after all that. And most importantly a beautiful healthy little girl. Well not so little. My biggest yet. She was 8lb 7oz, 52cm long, head 34.5cm.

Day turned very sad at around 4pm, we got the phone call that mums gf had passed away, we had called her in the morning at the palative care centre and got them to pass on the news. It looks like she truely was just waiting for bub to be born.

I will read through all the posts and hopefully catch up tomorrow.
    Hope that all are doing well.

Take care
    Trish

Trish it is great to hear from you.... I must say that Tehya Mackenzie is a BEAUTIFUL name!!!
    The photos of Tehya are gorgeous... the one of you both in the birthing pool made me cry... how wonderful to capture such a special moment as that.
    8lb7oz is a nice size - thats exactly what my boy was too!
    I hope you manage to get some well deserved sleep and rest... Congratulations again!!

Oh Trish she is so beautiful. I am sitting here having a full on blubber. Happy tears though.

Can i ask how you pronounce Tehya?

I cant wait to hold my little princess now, my dh even shed a tear when i showed him your pics. He can be so sweet.

Kayla it's pronounced like Tay-ya, I'm cheeky I knew for a little while & already asked that

Trish she is sooo beautiful Yuck at the bowel obstruction. I'm so glad that everything orked out how you wanted it, or pretty close to. So sorry that your mum's g/f passed away, sounds like you're right & she was definately waiting for Tehya to arrive. How are the boys liking their new sister?

Sorry guys just have to do this one as a quickie - am off for my 40w appoitnment at the hospital now. Will let you know how we go.

Well Done Trish... She's got a great head of hair too.. not too much, not too little... Very sweet! And worth the wait!!

Good luck at your appointment today Sarah. I am going to ring up and cancel my 40 week appointment. Dunno if I'll get another appointment they are so heavily booked. But my last appointment clashes with Em's last immunisation. I'll see how I go.

Well I tought I was in labour for real last night. I was having contractions, not sure how far appart they were cause I told myself to get some rest, and that it didn't matter how far appart they were at this point (I think they were about 10mins apart). They started at the top of my uterus and went right down, they were fairly strong, and made my hips ache. This was at about 2am, went to the toilet at about 3am after one of them to see if there was any blood (that has been the big give away in my past two labours) and there was none. I woke at about 4 and was still having them... then at 6 and they had gone... just a couple of BH.
    But yu know yesterday I rang elstra to get my mobile transferred to a prepaid so I can have credit just to SMS you guys... and all I could think about is that it may be too late!! LOL. I might ring the midwives a the hospital, I am a bit concerned now that I might think the real thing isn't it and end up with strong contractions and get stuck at home... It's bad enough having to travel half an hour in the car with reasonably strong contrations.... does that make sence? I've got a lot more to organise this time around!
    So my big rest yesterday was ruined last night, I didn't get much sleep at all!! I think I got to sleep at about 1am... was very restless again! Grrr... oh well... better get used to it!
    Sorry I am going on...and on!!

How are we all today?
    Maryann... I hope you have your little bundle by now.

Tanya

Hey all,

Trish - great photos. What a gorgeous little girl.

Good luck at the appt Sarah - hope everything goes well.

Deb - Chocolate is the last thign I can eat at the moment!! It sends my guts into oblivion!

Well I put an insurance claim in for the camera today. I wont get as much as what I need to replace it, but hopefully it will only need a little topping up to get the next model. The guy didn't think my memory cards would be covered - they sit in the bag with the camera and theya re worth over $100 in themselves!! What a bugger.
    I would much rather just have my one back.

Have also just talked to Mum. She wants to fly me over with bubs when hs/shes about 6 weeks old!! Hows that for keen!! Not sure how I feel about that, might be a bit rushed for me. It would also need to tie in with netball games, so it would have to be school holidays which is more expensive. Also she told me that she hasn't even talked to my brother yet (and its been almost a week) because she has her nose out of joint that they haven't tried to call her. I don't blame her- my brother really stuffed up here by not making a call, and he will live to regret it! After all - what is a $5 phone call to a grandmother in the grand scheme of things?

Anyway - I'm going back to bed to read until Deb calls - we are going to the movies today!
    Fi

What a pain about having to get another camera Fi & then your memory cards not being covered #-o Gosh your brother seems like he's forgotten all the important people for the announcement that the baby arrived. No wonder you're mum's cranky. Wow at flying to NZ with such a little baby, your mum must be really excited.

Those contractions must be driving you crazy Tanya. I hope they turn into the real thing soon.

Had my appointment & all is good with munchkin as per usual. The midwife was a bit annoyed cos they had no info on me other than from my initial 14w appointment - my Dr had me seeing him rather than going to the hospital all the time. So after my 5min appoitnment I had to sit around & wait for them to get the results from every test I've had done in the last 6 months faxed over :roll:

BUT we did end up with an interesting thing... I have to go to an appointment next Wednesday & then if nothing has happened I am pretty sure I'll be induced on Friday the 18th :shock: She said on the 18th I have to go to an appointment with the maternal & fetal clinic, they do a trace on munchkin, an u/s & an internal then decided whether to induce me with gels or break my waters. OMG THE END IS IN SIGHT!!!

Congratulations Trish!! What a beautiful little girl and wonderful photos!

Best of luck with your appointment today Sarah.

Hope you are feeling ok Deb - I don't even really know you but I dreamt about you last night!! SPOOKY!! As for the dream - you went into labour and Nobba was born!! Hope it's an omen for you (if you want it of course!!).

Hope everyone else is travelling well - sounds like it is close for you too Tajemi!!

Seeya

Debbie Lee Guest

I'm just ducking in quickly because I have to hurry and get ready to go to the movies with Fi.

Trish - absolutely beautiful photos! Little Tehya is just adorable (though I am sure you know that already) and, despite the pain, it looks like the home birth was a wonderful experience. It looks so natural!!
    Well done girl!!! Can't wait to hear the long version - but rest up!! Congratulations once again to you, Mark and the boys. Magnificent!!

Ok... will be back later to yabber some more

Hi girls,

Am I still aloud to be in this group?? Seems like the midwifes scales were out. Took Tehya to the chemist this morning where I take Noah to get weighed and checked - their is a midwife there. Anyway instead of being 8lb 7oz she is actually 8lb 2oz. I didn't think she looked that fat. And her lenght was shorter too, instead of being 52cm she is 50.5cm, so bit of a stuff up there. You know I was looking at her thinking she's not really that big, If she is shorter than the boys yet weighs more surely she'd look fatter than them. Looks like I was right.

No sleep last night, bub only slept from 3.30 am til 7.30 am. Look forward to it girls. Got to go Mark is back with lunch, must eat to get this bloody milk in. She is being really fussy on the boob, only 4 feeds since she was born.

Promise to come back soon and do a proper post to all

Love to all and of course belly rubs and labour vibes to those who want them.

Take care
    Trish

aww she is absolutly gorgeous trish!!!
    well done!!

right who's next? hehe

take care
    Lesley

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast