Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Newborn - 1 Month, April '05 #2

Default Newborn - 1 Month, April '05 #2

Welcome to the Newborn to 1 Month thread for April 2005!

To have any of your details included in this thread, please reply to this post and a moderator will add you to the list.

Newborn to 1 Month List - April '05

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl
    Baby Name(s):
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic)
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.)
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: Sarah_H
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 20th March '05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 8lb 14oz Length - 55cm Head Circ - 35cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Alexzander David Paul
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/s/sarah_aaron_baby
    Health Concerns: Reflux
    Notes: 8 days late, 36hr labour which failed to progress ended in c/section

Forum Name: Bieleemorris
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 21 March 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 8lbs Length 50.5cm- Head Circ - TBA
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Gabrielle Lee
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/l/littlenobba/
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) Emergency C-Section after baby showed signs of distress. The cord was wrapped around her neck!!

Forum Name:*Luke & James*
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 22/03/2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 3.63kg's / 51.5cm long / 34cm COH
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl Boy
    Baby Name(s): James Keevy
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/p/peanutkeevy/
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 2 days early, Waters ruptured, 2 1/2 hour labour, home same day.

Forum Name: LumpyLove
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 8/04/05
    Baby's Stats: Weight -8lbs 14 oz Length 53cm - Head Circ - 35cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s):
    Pheonix Skylar
    Baby's Website: working on it
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) high temps
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 2 weeks late

Deb, it's so frustrating when they have long sleeps in the day but not at night isn't it?! Thanks for the offer of lending an ear if I need it. Might have to take you up on it one day.... Same offer is there for you too.

Debbie Lee Guest

No worries. I know how hard it is to get to the computer atm so it's easier if you can just call.
    I will have my mobile attached to me all day (waiting to hear from Fi) so, yeah, you should be able to reach me anytime

Neil is in Gabby's room trying to get her back to sleep. She woke after just 30 minutes :roll:

Bummer about the short sleep Deb, but maybe it means she'll sleep longer tonight.... Or is that wishful thinking?!!!

Oh yeah also had to mention that I've added some new pics to Zander's website.

He's gorgeous Sarah!!

Aww thanks Christy, we think so!

Hi girls, just popping in to say Hi.

Colleen- get some rest girl, you make me feel tired! LOL.

Sarah- Zander is gorgeous. Now you always call him Zander, was that the plan with his name? Do your family call him Zander too?

Oh Deb- it is so hard being crook and having babies to look after, thank god for mum's/nana/s. Hope you are feeling better
    Have a great day tomorrow girls.

Forum Name: mum5boyz
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 4/4/05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 8lb 6oz 51cm 35cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Jacob
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/n/natjeff
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 8 days overdue

Aaron found the name Alexzander which we both loved - that's the medieval spelling with the z in it, we're into medieval things BTW. BUT we didn't like it shortened to Alex & knowing that kids always get nicknames we decided to make it Zander. MIL calls him Alex, but I think she does it to bother me, everyone else calls him Zander except my dad who called him Zed!! 9 times out of 10 Aaron & I call him Alexzander, but Zander is just shorter to type!

Good idea on picking that nickname early. LOL at the MIL! We called Jemma, Nemmy for ages and now at 2 the little miss refuses to answer to that name and just says "I'M Demma" (she can't say the j soundLOL)

Unfortunately Jessica has been called budsy by her father which is short for Budda. I tried to change it but she really likes it and laughs when anyone calls her it. When we picked Joshua we knew we would also call him Josh but he also got Joshie. He has his days when he wants to be Joshua and then others when he wants to be Josh and he tells us.

hope you get a good sleep tonight and Zander sleeps like a baby.
    Best wishes Michelle

Sarah, Zander is sooo cute! But you know that already! I love the one with the chocci bunny, so adoreable.

Sarah - your photos are great - all the family in for a cuddle huh??
    I especially liek the one of you guys on the couch - you look like a very calm and happy mummy. Sweet.
    I also have that piggy outfit!! It was the very first thing Mum sent me when she found out we were pregnant, so its kinda special. Its a 00 though, so it wont get out of the cupboard for a few months. I have always had a thing for piggies (a bit like Deb's bees, but not quite so obsessive.... ) so alot of people buy me piggy things.

Well - hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to post in here for real!!! Thats if Spud and the hossy play ball today. I'm not convinced...

Fi

It's funny how nicknames work isn' it Michelle? My younger sister is Amanda & my parents called her Mandy from when she was a baby. First day of kindergarten mum gets a phone call saying she was hysterically crying - turns out the teacher called her Amanda & my sister was crying saying "That's not my name!". Now though at almost 21 she prefers Amanda!

Thanks guys for the comments on the photos. Our little man is pretty photogenic isn't he?!

My sisters bought the piggy outfit for him the day I found out I was pregnant Fi & yup it's sooo cute. LOL at looking calm & happy as well - that was just after a BIG crying episode!! Fingers crossed little Spuddy comes out to play today......

I think we may have this sleeping business worked out too \/ He slept from 10.30-2.00 had a bottle then 2.30-6.20 & now he's playing in his swing. Two nights in a row with only 1 wake up AND it was only for about 1/2 an hour \/ I think he's worked out which is his middle of the night feed cos we can do a nappy change, bottle & be back in bed within 1/2 an hour - no chance of that during the day.

Aww Colleen that sounds aweful. I hope you guys get some rest when you get back from the Drs.

Aww Sarah he's such a cutie. I can't wait to see him for real next weekend.

As for nicknames my kids don't really have them. Occasionally Joel gets called Joely - less as he gets older, or one of his mates calls him Jo??
    Brandon used to get called Boo by his Dad.
    Noah - well what can you do to that unless your DP's stupid family and call him NO NO ](*,)
    Tehya - well I guess she does have some, usually precious - should have put that on her birth certificate instead, or princess.

Hmm summing that all up I guess they do have nicknames #-o

Colleen, hope that all goes well today for James and that he recovers nicely.

Deb, I hope that Gabbys still sleeping nicely for you and that you are feeling better too.

Tehya decided that she would feed on Saturday/night and Sunday every 2 hours. My boobs are so drained and she has split both of my nipples (OUCH) went to fix up nursing pad this morning and it had stuck to my lefty and pulled the skin off it again, nothing like a bleeding nipple. Worse part is trying to feed from them. I gave her a bottle of formula last night - around 115mls anyway she gulped it down and left only a little. I swear at the moment this baby is like a pirana anything that goes near her moth is quickly sucked in, she goes mad on her dummy. Mark was calling her Maggie (simpson). She settled well on the bottle and went down from just after 8.30pm to around 1.30am so that was good, but she woke every 2 hours again after that.

Hopefully it is just another growth spurt. Hasn't she grown enough already

Take care
    Trish

Colleen - I hope things start to settle down a bit more for you. Hopefully you can get a restful afternoon when you get home.

Sarah - Just love your pics of Zander. Glad I have just had a baby because all these baby pics would usually make me very clucky LOL. Yeah on the good sleep last night!

Fi - Sending you all the best for today - c'mon Spud everyone is waiting to meet you.

Jacob seems to have settled in to a lovely pattern (touch wood!!) The last 2 nights he has gone to sleep around midnight and woken for a nappy change and feed about 4 then straight back to bed after literally falling on the breast. This morning I was waiting for him to wake up about 6:30 like he has been and he slept until 7:45 so I'm pretty impressed with him today. Currently he is flopped asleep in the middle of my bed and the boys keep going in to see if he will wake up so they can hold him.
    Today is Jeff's first day back at work and he has already sent 2 sms's since 7am when he got there to see how Jacob is - gotta love him! I also have "taxi duty" to do today - shuttling Matt and 2 friends to football training at midday and picking them up at around 2 so I'm hoping Jacob is going to be agreeable with this plan 8-[

Debbie Lee Guest

Awww Sarah! Zander is such a little spunk! Great photos. It's awesome that he is sleeping so well now! Just in time for Aaron going back to work. How are you coping so far?
    I think Zander and Gabby have completely swapped sleeping habits! She has been a shocker!
    Last night I was at my wit's end! She didn't sleep from 2pm onwards (except for little cat-naps). It got til about 7pm and I put her in her cot and said "Fine, don't sleep - see if I care!" and stormed out of her room. I can't believe i could get so angry at a defensless little baby! Neil heard me on the monitor and came in to sit with her. Wouldn't you know it, she bloody-well fell asleep with him!!! Grrr!
    She slept for 4 hours (I jumped into bed straight away!) so that was good. Then she woke every 2 hours from then on :roll: So much for our nice 6 hour sleeps!
    She wouldn't go to sleep after 7:30am this morning and is still struggling. I think she is really windy. I have tried some gripe water but she threw that up. Slowly going nuts but trying to remind myself that it's all temporary. I got sick and tired of being inside so I thought she may aswell grizzle next to me at the computer than grizzle at me in the house!

We have our ANC reunion tonight. I am not going to miss it - I don't care how grumpy she is. I missed the last BB get together so it ain't gonna happen today! So I have until 6pm to get her to have a decent nap today. Fingers crossed, hey?

Trish - OUCHIES on the nipples! That sounds aweful! Little Tehya must have one hell of a suck on her! LOL @ her being a Pirana!

Happy 3 weeks Gabby!!! Deb you poor thing, it's hard isn't it? I got cranky with Zander & yelled at him the other day & felt the same way 8-[ I think it must be a normal thing...

Sounds like Jacob is doing really well in the nights Nat, lets hope he stays that way. LOL at the boys wanting him to wake up too.

Ouchies at the split nipples Trish, I had the same problem when Zander was 2 days old.

We are managing really well without Aaron today *phew* I think Zander knows & is being good so I don't freak out LOL

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast