Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Newborn - 1 month, August 05

Hi Fletch, welcome to the newborn thread and congratulations again.

Well Amy is one month now so I am off to the 1-3 month thread....Bye

FLETCHY!!!!!

I haven't even caught up ont he fact that your little one had arrived (where have I been!!), so.....

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I'll have to hunt back to find out the announcement etc. Have you got photos to post on your website yet??? Love to see the boy. How did you fare? (or is this already written in another thread?). And I take it your BP is back under control?????!!!!!

Well, we went to the MCHN today and Pup has put on another 220gms since last Friday (so 6 days). He is now almost 8lb 10oz. Still have an issue with my left nipple. The rest away from BF off it does it good (express instead) but it gets sore again after a few feeds. Nurse said this suggests an attachement problem (I've always had problems BFing off the left nipple). So I am hoping to catch up with one of the midwives from the hospital tomorrow that is also a lactation consultant and hopfully she can identify where we can improve.

I went grocery shopping for the first time today since coming home with Thomas. My mum has been doing it for me up to know as I am still not driving. But she picked me up from MCHN visit and we went shopping straight away. I put the lad in the baby bjorn carrier and walked around the stupidmarket. He feel asleep before we got out of the first aisle and remained asleep the whole time (awwwww!!). So it was a good shop.

Not much else to report today.....

Hayseed

Off to see the lactation consultant this afternoon. Hopefully she will be able to id an incorrect technique....or am I doomed to every 2nd feed being painful or having to express??????

Also going for a haircut today - Thomas is clutching t my long hair so it's being cut to my shoulders.

Hope everyone is good....

Hayseed

Hope the lactation nurse can help Hayseed, I always cut my hair short B4 my babies are born, as I find it hard to maintain my hair, and hate having it pulled, so let it grow in between kids!!!

Fletch CONGRATULATIONS I havent looked around much since bubs came, so missed the news, thats fabulous, I hope you are both well.

Well Dion is still just eating, sleeping, and of course growing. ( too fast)
    We have been getting some gorgeous interaction with him, hes a lot more alert and loves to make sounds with daddy and give me some lovely smiles, but Im sad that this time is so fleeting and will be gone all to soon. I love the smell of him, and the feel of his soft skin, and the way he holds my finger as he feeds, 8-[

Forum Name: Jo_gee
    State: WA
    Baby's DOB: August 2nd 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 4180g (9,4) Length 53cm, Head Circumferance 36.5cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Samuel Luke
    Baby's Website:http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/joanddarren/
    Health Concerns: NIL
    Notes: perfect lil happy feeder born via c section

Hi ladies.....Sammy and I are sooooo happy to join you in here....we are having a marvelous time getting to know each other. Darrens on hols too so its been fantastic...talk soon Ive been taking like a million photos but havent updated website yet..will do so very soon.

Jo

Hello Ladies!!

Reckon I should join in here!!

Here are our details for one of the lovely mods! Can you please add us to the list??

Forum Name: Kelli D
    State: Western Australia
    Baby's DOB: 27th July 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3280g (7lb 4oz) Length - 49cm Head Circ - 35cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Zahra Mackenzie Dawson
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/d/dawsonkids
    Health Concerns: Increased risk of becoming diabetic
    Notes: 13 days early, Induced delivery due to maternal unstable gestational diabetes and elevated uric acid levels, on Intravenous Dextrose for 48 hours due to hypoglycaemia, flame naevis on forehead.

Hellloooooooooo...oooo...oooo.....im hearing my own echo....sooo vewy qwiet in here...are we being qwiet so we dont wake the widdle newborns..

Hope you are all well ladies and loving your precious lil bubs..my boy is such a fatty..putting on heaps of weight...feeding well...and is up more of the night than the day :-k The girls are completely smitten with him..its so nice to see. So are you ladies still on a high from the birth..its amazing what little sleep we can actually cope with isnt it???

Talk soon

Jo

Hey Jo!

What's sleep matey??

Not much happening in this house (well for me that is!!)

Zahra is like Sam - sleeps during the day but not much at night, unless she is in bed with me or in my arms!

Oh well, good thing I can't get enough of my cuddles with her!!

Hello and goodbye Kate..will see you in the next thread..hope you get some answers for your darling Kelsey.

Kel...i know..its so weird..im starting to panic though thinking Darren has to go back to work next monday and I have to get the kids and myself and sammy organized and out of the house by 8:20...its a bit daunting. 8-[ Oh well a few more days left..

Hope Storm is holding lil Zaccie now..

Talk to u soon ladies

Jo

OH Kel..love the pics...all that hair..shes a little princess isnt she...the kids all look so happy. Enjoy being a family of 5!

Jo

Hello lovelies...thought id try the one arm typing while i have my little precious sleeping in my arms. So how are ya all??? Sleep deprived?? Im kinda glad i had all those toilet stops in the night to prepare me..lol....i was sorely out of practice. We are finding we are feeding every 3 hours day and night..Sammy tends to be most awake in the evenings around 9 til 11ish which is so nice to get all that time with him. We have had a couple of attachment issues with his little tongue so have a referral for a lactation consultant in 10 days time. Apparently cos he has a small tongue tie there are some exercises or something that we can get him to do..which will be interesting. The girls are just loving their little brother and all begging for cuddles with him...we have him out in his basinette with us during the day and evening so hes getting so used to noise its not funny...theres no shussh baby sleeping here..lol. I got out yesterday..still with darren though and got the kids to school by 8:30..that was my first go so had all the mums at the school doting on this little guy..its so nice. The real test will be monday when i have to do it all myself as Darren goes back to work....argggh.....and then i will have my first time driving and going on a trip to see clinic nurse...lol...what a big day..i forget what a n ordeal it is getting a newborn ready.

Kel i saw in the other thread that you were told to see a Dr for Zahras eye. How crazy..and you out of pocket too..you poor thing. ive been told repeatedly that a blocked tear duct is so common and to use saline solution and cotton swap..was also told the other day that you can actually massage the inside of their little eye too...not sure how comfortable i am with that though. Sammys has been a little gunky a couple of times but seems ok now.

So how are your little ones liking their baths? Sammy is loving his..he lies so contentedly in it stretching out straight away..and he had his first shower with dad the other night and seemed to really enjoy it. ALl these new sensations!

Well its pretty quiet in here isnt it...Fletchie love the pics of your darling little cutie pie...dont belly belly members just produce the cutest of cute babies!

Kel are the kids still doting on their gorgeous little sister? I bet you are finding your hands full with 3 now...is Cairenn at kindy..i forget? I can remember the kindy runs trying to get all my 3 out and emmy being two would either spill something on herself or have an accident or olivia being a bub would vomit or poo..lol...i remember those days fondly...lol

Hope to see you in here too Storm and Netti...no doubt you are enjoying getting acquainted with your precious new additions. Kel you will have to feel very special with little Zahra with this influx of boys lately....they are everywhere!!

Well i will talk to you all soon ladies..

Jo

Jo

Yep, was told to take Zahra to the doctor about her eyes as the saline, massage and breastmilk was not working. Ended up spending $50 for 2 mins worth of consult. Anyway, persisting with the treatment above for now. Had the same problem with Liam and did the same for him. His is actually exacerbated by dairy so I limit him on that and he is fine, otherwise we end up on course after course of antibiotics.

Cairenn and Liam LOVE Zahra to bits - wanting to kiss and cuddle her all the time which she loves (to a point!). She is sooooo placid compared to them and she loves to be a part of all the comotion!!

Sorry, gotta go. Just as I start typing, Zahra decides it's mummy moo time again!!

WIll chat more soon! I hope!!

Hi to Fletch and Zane, Jo and Sam, Storm and Zac!

Seeya

Baby hugs and kisses to you all

Hi girly pearlys!!

Have posted my Birth Story - bit of an epic but you guys already know that I have the gift of the gab!!

#-o

Hello ladies and bubbies

Hope everyone is doing well and getting to know their precious lil bubbies. I made it out of the house early today and got the kids to school and stayed in livvys class so am quite proud of myself...dishwasher is loaded and running...clothes are in dryer and line...beds made....sammy fed and beautiful...now what was i dreading???

Darren was so not looking forward to being away from little boy today..i hope he doesnt miss him too much..i love him having holidays.

Fletchie...no doubt little Zane will learn to love his baths. I know what you mean though about them being squirmy. Baths can be a bit daunting. Hes doing great with his sleeps isnt he. Sammy slept from 11til 4 the night before last and i woke up positively bursting. I had to wake him up for my own relief!!!

Lol at mummy moo time Kel...it feels a bit like that doesnt it. I love it though....have your lil bubs started doing that gorgeous little sound when they are due to be fed and you pick them up and snuggle them into you. Its priceless isnt it..poor little starving bubbies. Kel are your parents still with you or have they left now?

My girls were most relieved to see Sammy now has a normal belly button...they didnt like it before and no amount of telling them that it didnt hurt him would convince them...lol......its nice that they care so much about their little brother though.

My best friend gets back from the uk on the 23rd of this month. I cant wait..she left in december which was bad timing and shes missing us tooo much and cant wait to snuggle up to our lil boy..so it will be wonderful having her back again.

Well i have to go...a hungry boy is stirring

Jo

Hi Guys

Jo, my parents left one week after Zahra was born. They stayed a lot longer than I anticipated so it was great!

Yep, love that "I'm sooooooooo hungry" sound!! Zahra has started talking to the boobs and it sounds sooo cute!

She was a bit of a monster last night - wanting booba snacks all the time and wanting to party through the wee hours! Plonked her into bed with me and she finally settled. She loves it sleeping next to me and sometimes of late it has been the only way I have been able to get some sleep. Trying soooooooo hard not to put her in bed with me as I will get yet another lecture from the inlaws about co-sleeping. Got a lecture about it with the other kids! Also get lectures about "the old fashioned way of breastfeeding that has worked for centuries" and the "stupid new fangled breastfeeding" that I do.

Just can't win!!

Oh and my bad news for the week - got nipple thrush. Had it a few times with Liam too and it HURTS LIKE HELL! Seriously don't recommend it! They say you can get it from lack of sleep, stress, not looking after yourself etc etc - all "I'm a new mum" precursors!!

Oh well - lathering on the antifungal cream and it seems to be easing, except when my princess decides she wants to feed all night lol!

Wonder how the other August girls are going - I reckon Mel is pretty darn close to meeting Hunter!! Woo Hoo!!

Is anyone else going to have a little girl????? Or are you all having boys!

So glad you are loving your little boys - Jo, are you finding Sammy different to the girls (besides the willy factor of course!!). Mark even commented the other day that our girls are so much easier than Liam Monster!!

Anyway, must be off. Big cuddles to Zane, Sammy and Zac!!

Seeya

layla Guest

Hi guys. I won't add my details here as I'll be going into the 1-3 month thread in a couple of days.
    Just wanted to join in though.

What's the "new-fangled breastfeeding" Kelli??? LOL
    I'm also finding that Sarah loves to sleep with me. I wanted to avoid it this time around as I don't sleep as well when they are in with me and we had dramas getting Kate to sleep in her own bed up to the age of 6!!
    It looks like I might be doing it all over agin though as Sarah sleeps sooo well snuggled up to me.

Fletch, I know what you mean about the bath thing. You will get more confident though as Zane gets older. Sarah loves her bath but as soon as we lift her out she screams blue murder!!!
    I think she's enjoying baths even more now as she wears a harness to correct a dodgy hip and it's only allowed off for bath time.

Jo, good on you for being so efficient!!! =D>
    I surprised myself too, at how well I coped when DH went back to work.
    Do the girls help you? My kids are a lifesaver. I'm so pleased at how helpful they are being. I hope it lasts. 8-[

Well, Sarah is getting so chubby! LOL I love it though.
    She has a gunky eye at the moment but hopefully it'll sort itself out soon. I'm just doing the cool bloiled water thing.
    I am horrified at the amount of washing she makes. She has become a pretty vomity baby over the last week. This morning she mananged to create 2 loads of washing by 10am. No joke!!!!!
    She chucked all down two of my tops, all over my quilt cover, she needed 3 changes of tops herself, 3 blankets got spewed on, plus all the bibs and face washers. Oh, and she pooed on the towel on the change mat while I was in the middle of changing her!!! ARRGGGHHHH!!!! #-o
    She's a sleeping princess at the moment so all is forgiven!

We are all getting used to the hip harness. She will be wearing it for about 6-8 weeks. It makes life a bit harder but it's not too bad. 8-[

Glad you are getting used to the hip harness Layla and bye bye Sarah!! Seeya in a few weeks (OMG!! It's just 1 week!!)

Zahra had a brilliant night last night - would have had a brilliant night's sleep but for Liam waking up 4 times and Cairenn twice!! Oh well, the joys of motherhood!!

How are you guys Jo, Fletch and Storm?? Anyone else here yet??

Must be off!

Toodle doo!!

hello ladies and bubbies
    im going for the one handed post today while i have a little man curled up on my lap. i get to pause and breathe his loveliness in and kiss the back of his little neck. dontcha just love their gorgeous lil necks.

hello and goodbye lovely layla and gorgeous little sarah. glad she likes her bath time without her brace. Hope she isnt finding it too annoying. We have to get little sammys hip checked in 4 weeks time as he had a slight click..so have an ultrasound booked.i guess while they sleep so much its good that it is correcting and doesnt limit them too much. Lol at being efficient too...i was so dreading darren leaving so am happy that all is going smoothly..touch wood it stays that way. It taken me a while to get my confidence back after the break with the girls. I know what you mean about all the extra washing. Its like how can one little person make so much mess!!! Ive been caught a few times where we will change sammys nappy only for him to poo more or wee everywhere..lol.
    Hope lil Sarahs eye clears up for you real soon. We are the same with sleeping. We were all for no not this time...as his bassinette is right next t our bed anyway ..but at 4 in the morning..he just snuggles right in between us and settles straight away.

Hello Kel and lil Zahra...thats great your mum and dad were able to stay for so long..must have been nice for you and the kids. Now what is this new breast feeding you are talking about??? INLAWS!!! Some just need to learn to be quiet..theyve had their turn...now its ours eh? It really does feel like a different energy with sammy after having three girls...but havent really noticed much else..(well apart from being weed on!!)i guess as he gets older will be more obvious. Right now hes such a calm happy little fella.

Hello Fletchie and Zane, Netti and Brandon, Storm and Zac...big baby kisses from sammy to his cyber baby friends.

Talk soon

Jo

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast