Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Newborn - 1 month, August 05

Melody Guest

Thanks guys..... feeling a little better & the visit to the ECC was great for reassurance. Hunter is putting on weight & doing just fine.

We also had a feed & that was really positive.

Kell, Fletch & Jo..... you would have to go & have your bubs early wouldn't you?

Visualise that gorgeous little boy from Jerry Maguire saying "Go ahead & go.... just go ahead & go"

You can come chat in the 1-3 month chat if ya like!!

I won't tell!! :-$

I miss chatting to you!!!

Maybe, if I hang around here, Zahra won't grow up so fast! What do you think?? Sound like a plan??

Geez Hunter is such a cutie!! What a good looking boy he his and WOO HOO for feeling better, having a feed and Hunter putting on weight!! See, you are doing a great job!!

Seeya for now - be good now!!

*Yvette* Guest

Hi everyone!

Haven't had time to read through the posts yet, but have my details here to add. Look forward to talking newborns soon.

Forum Name: Yvette
    State: Vic
    Babies' DOB: 24th August 2005
    Babies' Stats: Weight – Asha 3075g/6lb 12, Lauren 2670g/5lb 14 Length – Asha 48cm, Lauren 47cm
    Head Circ - Asha 35cm, Lauren 33.5cm
    Gender of Babies: Identical twin girls
    Baby Name(s): Asha Frances & Lauren Rose
    Babies' Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/t/twingirlslb/
    Health Concerns: Lauren being syringe fed ebm, just learning to sustain sucking, both pretty skinny
    Notes: induced by arm at 38 weeks 2 days, normal vaginal birth

*Yvette* Guest

Don't worry about me, I'm 'armless, rofl.

Gorgeous babies Kathryn, hanging there like little koalas. If they'd both attach to the nipples like that I could feed & type at the same time, hee hee.

*Yvette* Guest

Melody, just noticed you have mastitis! Oh you poor darling. I had it with Lola, my eldest, and I know just what you're going through. Like bad flu only with painful breasts as well, and you've got to keep feeding through it when you can hardly lift your head off the pillow.

Huge hugs. (Actually very gentle hugs iykwim). Haven't read posts properly, but I'm sure you've got yourself a pump & doing everything you need to do. If in doubt, pump first & ask questions later!

Will have to try to get on tomorrow & see how eveyone's doing.

*Yvette* Guest

Melody, couldn't resist going back & reading a bit more now. Hope you're over the peeing thing by now, but if not, take a jug of lukewarm water with you every time you go to the loo & pour it over as you wee. It works! I had a graze after both Lola's & Ruth's births, & I remember the dreadful stinging! A bit of witchhazel on a pad cooled in the fridge or freezer (don't freeze it) can be quite soothing too.

Take your medication for the mastitis, it's an infection & won't clear up by itself, & keep pumping. Feed when you can & get onto your local Nursing Mothers (Aust Breastfeeding Assn) for help with attachment. They will probably send a local mum around to visit you. Pure lanolin is good on the nipples (the one in the tiny purple tube).

I find the easiest feeding position when I'm tired, baby isn't attaching well etc, is lying down on the bed, baby lying on the bed beside me, both on our sides facing each other. If you push him towards you from between the shoulder blades as he opens his mouth you can get more nipple in. It's easy to have a doze off this way too if he's on for ages .

Hi Yvette - great to see you here! I have added your details... your girls are just too cute! I must come for a visit when you are ready for visitors, if that's okay. Also, thought I'd let you know that Lauren and Asha were born on my mum's birthday.

Okay other new mums, put your details down if you'd like me to add you to the opening post.

Also Mel, something else. The old cold cabbage leave in the bra works wonders as well. Hope you are feeling better.

Melody Guest

Thanks so much for all your advice ladies.... it really helps this first timer :-s

Yvette.... I cant believe you had twins such a short time ago & have managed to find the time & sanity to give me advice let alone make it to the PC..... you are my GURU!

I still haven't had time to catch up on this thread (reading through) but intend to do so soon..... unfortunately I am still busy returning phone calls :mad:

You know another funny thing.... notice how everyone says "Ohhhh.... relax. There is nothing you NEED to do" but I dont actually have washing that does itself & (not being a marytr) DH can only have soup & toast for so long.... besides, if I dont make an effort with vegies or salad I'm not doing myself any favours. Catch 22 but this stuff doesn't just magically sort itself out.

I'm sure i will get in the swing soon..... I am blessed after all with a beautiful boy

I hope everyone is having a nice day

Hello ladies

Sammy is 4 weeks and 1 day but not one month til the 2nd so i am sorta hovering inbetween forums lol...hope ya dont mind.

Wow Yvette..so great to hear how well you are doing. The girls look absolutely gorgeous...well done..and thats so fantastic that you are breast feeding as well. I hope darling little lauren gets the hang of sucking. I must admit i love the laying down feeding as well..those little dozes can be life saving

Hiya Mel..i hope that by now the antibiotics have kicked in and you are feeling a lot better. Ouchie boobies..you have my sympathy. How is darling Hunter...its fantastic to hear that hes putting on weight...isnt it such a nice feeling knowing that we are sustaining these precious little lives.

Hiya Storm and Zac, Netti and Brandon, Susan and Rebekah :smt041

Well my boy is officially a little fatty...lol..im loving seeing his little fat rolls on his arms and thighs. I had a clinic visit this morning and hes now weighing 4920 grams and is 56cm long....hes averaging 300 grams a week..the lil piggy..lol..makes his mummy sooooo very happy

Well i will talk to you all later ladies..enjoy those lil bubbies...Big sloppy kisses from Sammy

Jo

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234