Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Newborn - 1 Month, June '05

Default Newborn - 1 Month, June '05

Welcome to the Newborn to 1 Month thread for June 2005!

To have any of your details included in this thread, please reply to this post and a moderator will add you to the list.

Newborn to 1 Month List - June '05

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl
    Baby Name(s):
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic)
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.)

__________________________________________________ __________

Forum Name: *Megan*
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB: 2 June 2005
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Finlay
    Baby's Website: http://photobucket.com/albums/v709/babypics/
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) Born by c/section
    __________________________________________________ ________

Forum Name: Joh117
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 4/06/05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 7lb 8 1/2oz, 54cm, ?
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Erykah Dissanayake
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) Slight Colic
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 10 days overdue, induced, forcep delivery

__________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: Stormi
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 16th June 05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3090 gm /6lb 12oz Length - 49cm Head Circ - 34cm
    Baby Name(s): Makenzie Rose
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/t/threecherubs/
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) C/S
    __________________________________________________ __________

Forum Name: Brookey
    State: WA
    Baby's DOB: 19.06.2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight -3745g Length - 52.5cm Head Circ - 34.5cm
    Baby Name(s): Maya Ellen
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/o/ourbub/
    Health Concerns: Few BF probs atm
    Notes: 3 days late, extended first stage labour, vaginal birth
    __________________________________________________ ________

Shannon - Good Luck for tomorrow, will be thinking of you both

Michelle - That`s great that Alex is doing so well, keep it up little man your doing well.

Lesley - Hope you and Chloe are well.

Juliette - How was your night?

Sorry to hear you`ve both had sleepless nights, I`m looking forward to the day when Matthew doesn`t wake up for 7 hours, wishful thinking at this stage when it`s every 3 - 4 hours or even 2 hours sometimes.

Take Care

Deeanne

Hey Dee, Hows oyur cough? I hope your getting better. Nothing worse than a cough that keeps everyone awake.

Tanya

Dee - I can't wait for Alex to sleep 7hrs a night also.
    Hope you are feeling much better.

I have had a horrible cold since the weekend. Just can't wait for it to go now.
    At least DH is home Friday. MIL arrives on Saturday for 2 weeks not sure if i is going to be a help or a pain. Last time she was here i still did everything.

Debbie Lee Guest

Michelle - I really hope your MIL can be helpful to you this time. Maybe just keep asking her to do stuff and she will get the hint? Uno... throw the washing basket at her a couple of times Sorry to hear you aren't feeling the best.

Dee- I hope Matthew can start sleeping longer for you soon. I know you have probably heard it 1000 times but the first 6 weeks are pretty hellish. It will soon start falling into place.

Hi girls,

Had a better night's sleep last night. I just cuddled her in with me in bed. Usually I am too scared to do this, but I really needed to sleep, and it was the only thing I could do. I am so scared of rolling on her. I guess I really need to learn how to encourage her to settle herself in her bassinette beside our bed. Could be making a rod for my own back otherwise.

We had our appointment with the Child Health Nurse today. It's been exactly one week since I left hospital and she's put on 315 grams since discharge. Apparently the average is 150gm in one week?? No wonder I have sore breasts. At least I can stop stressing about milk supply. Obviously she's getting enough! I'm much happier knowing that.

I hope everyone and their beautiful bubs are doing well. I wish I could be of more use to you all - but I am so clueless about this motherhood thing! thankyou all so much for being there. I hope to be more on the ball soon.

Sending lots of nighttime sleepy vibes through cyber space to all BB newborns and mums out there.

Debbie Lee Guest

Juliette - don't worry about the self settling yet. You just do what you need to do to get some rest. Gabby is only just self settling now and she is 2.5 months (and I am lucky that she kind of figured it out on her own). I wouldn't stress yourself out about it. As for you being clueless - we all are the first time around. It's not like it suddenly comes to you once the bub is born. The best advice I got was from our own, lovely, Fi. She said that the first few weeks is just about survival. If you and bubs are alive, you must be doing something right! Hannah is putting a fabulous amount of weight on which is wonderful! It's great reassurance, hey?

Just realised we have another set of BB twins Jessalyn & Kynan were both born on the same day!

Have to agree with Deb there Juliette. In the beginning it's just a matter of making sure you're both getting enough sleep, food etc to survive! Zander still hasn't figured out the whole self settling thing yet, so I wouldn't worry about it too much yet.

Tanya - I`m trying another cough medicine, it tastes awful but seems to work until about 3am then I start coughing again and it has a child proof cap on it which seems to be also Deeanne proof so Mark has to open it for me, not much good when I need some at 3am and Mark`s not home.

Michelle - I hope your feeling better soon, hope you don`t have this flu thing that I have which seems to be going around. Hope your MIL helps you this time around, perhaps give her a few hints then she`ll help out.

Juliette - I thought the same that I would be making a rod for my own back by taking Matthew to bed when I was totally exhausted and needed my sleep, it`s the last thing I wanted to start but when Mummy is exhusted it doesn`t leave us with much option.

Oh Matthew has just woken and wants dinner, I better go.

Take Care

Deeanne

Hey everyone

Thought i would join the ranks here now

Everything is going really well here, Mason has been pretty good, erratic feeds and sleeping patterns but i expected all that the second time around so a lot more relaxed about it all.
    Have been lucky to catch up on sleep with hubby doing night shift the last few nights, so i think that is why i am still sane
    Sorry to hear some of you are having troubles but it does get better with time like others have said. You are all doing great jobs by the sounds of it

Shannon: Thinking of you and your family and hope all goes well on Friday

Well will update more later

Take care
    Belinda

Yay on the sleep Serendipity!! Thats fab for you.

Juliette - I;m with the others. Apparently routine doesn't start kicking in til after 6 weeks, so don't stress about what you are doing now. Its all about survivial now. The other piece of advise I was given which is pretty true is that just when you think you have something that works in settling a baby - they go and change, and you have to try something else!!! Its a neverending battle, so just make sure you are getting enough sleep. Fabulous weight gain. WSell done!

Fi

Hi All,

I got some sleep last night! Yay! Hannah dearest slept for 4 hours, had a feed, then slept for 3 hours. So proud. I won't expect it every night, but it was nice to have a little catch up on sleep myself.

Actually, I had to wake her after four hours....it worried me a little that she'd sleep so long when she's so little, without waking for a feed.

Can't win! I worry when she's not getting enough sleep, and then I worry when she's getting too much...

I think I seriously need to relax and go with the flow...

Welcome Belinda, and congrats on Mason's birth! That's great that you're getting some sleep.

Debbie Lee Guest

Juliette - that is wonderful that you got some sleep last night! What a good girl Hannah was! Ikwim about freaking out when they sleep for too long. For a long while there, I would wake up after a few hours and wait for her to start crying and stress out if she didn't. Gone are those days, LOL! There's been several occasions that I have gone in to make sure she is still breathing. Esp. the first time she slept for 10 hours!! Now I kill for those sleeps Don't worry, it will all come together and all this hassle will become a blur. It's just hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel when you are sleep-deprived and over it!

Belinda - sounds like you guys are going great guns. You sound so relaxed! I hope I am like that if and when we have another bubs. Good on you!

hey girls,
    chloe is a month old tomorrow.. its dragged but gone so fast at the same time..

she is now holding ehr ehad up for a few minutes at a time and smiling am yet to catch one on camera tho lol..

hope everyone else is going ok, chleo went 5 hours between feeds wednesday night, was hopign shed do the same last night but she went back to being 4, the exta hour on wednesday tho was great

juliette, glad u got some sleep!

hope everyone is going very well

take care
    LEsley

Debbie Lee Guest

Wow, Lesley! That has gone fast! Yay for her big sleep on Wednesday. Sounds like you needed it.

Welcome Belinda and Mason, I`m glad to hear that your getting some sleep, hopefully it will keep up.

Juliette - Glad you got some sleep last night, like Deb IKWYM how you freak out when you think they should be up, I did it the other night but it was only after Matthew had been asleep for 3 hours, he woke an hour later.

Lesley - Sounds like Chloe is doing well, like you I haven`t yet caught Matthew`s smiles on camera.

Well Matthew is one month old today, in a way it seems like years ago when he was born in another it just seems like yesterday. I`ll see you all over in the 1 - 3 month thread soon.

Kathryn - Could you move Matthew`s details over thanks

Take Care

Deeanne

Glad to hear that you are all well.

Just letting Belinda and Juliette know that I have added their details and Dee, you and Matthew are all transferred to 1 - 3 month thread.

Hi All,

Well, Mum and Dad have gone back home to Brisbane, so I'm on my own with Hannah from Monday (Tim will be home on the weekend). Scary thought, but I am feeling much more confident now. I can't believe what a life changing experience it is to have a little person so reliant on you. I am sooo humbled by the responsibility.

Congrats on your first month of life Matthew and Chloe! Hope you're going easy on your Mummies! Will see you both in 1-3 month thread soon no doubt Deeanne and Lesley. You've both given me hope that I can make it through!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast