Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Newborn - 1 Month, November 2005

Kazzy Guest

Thanks Kelly,
    great advice and makes it easier to accept that things should just naturally fall into place. I think that we are so used to having control of our lives that once their is something out of our control, we automatically want to fix it. I know from having my first child, that eventually things return to some type of normality that was better than before I had a child. It is hard to relax even second time around with the 'unexpectedness' of a newborn, but it does go so quickly and the best thing I have found is to remind myself that our babies are only newborns for such a short period of time and that I am so lucky to have two healthy children.

I love what Pinky writes and think that it is great to have some gentle reminders about what to expect in the first few months.

Thanks Again.
    Kazzy

Can you please add my details to the list. THANKS

Forum Name: Deancey
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 31/10/05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3.9 kilo Length - 51 cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Jordan Bailey
    Baby's Website: bubbadean.com.au
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) none
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) none

Hi Guys

Jordan is a really good settler during the day but from about 5pm onwards he has tourbles settling and getting off to sleep. We are finding that we have to cuddle him till he falls asleep and then we put him in his cradle. I am sure this is a bad idea as may make a bad habit to break but at the moment we are going with it as it works.

Hubby goes back to work tomorrow so I am on my own for the 1st time. I am a little anxious but then excited to see how I will go. I have plenty of support people ready to come over and assist me but I have told them all the stay away unless I ask for the assistance. I need to find my feet on my own.

I am glad to see that most of us are getting the sleep we need. You really begin to treasure a 4hr straight sleep now days.

Glad to see that we are all recovering well also. For those who had a c-section, how are you feeling? My belly is still a little tender above the incision and a little bruised. I think its just the insides healing still.

Anyways I have both hubby and Jordan asleep at the moment so I am having a little ME time which is nice. I am getting some washing done as I cant beleive how much it has multiplied with one extra body, and such a little one at that

Cuddles to everyones babies.

I will speak to you tomorrow and let you know how I go.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Quote Originally Posted by deancey
    I am sure this is a bad idea as may make a bad habit to break but at the moment we are going with it as it works.
    Deancey, do you feel that it's really a bad thing? I can't think of anything better than holding my bubbas to sleep. Especially Elijah but he never has expected to be held. In fact sometimes when he is tired, he wants to be put down in his cot and straight off to sleep. Chances are he wont expect it forever but it sure is nice to hold them - soon enough they will gag at the thought of mum holding them!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

I'm with you Kelly - I'm taking all the cuddle time I can get while he likes it!!

Well - Dylan has had 3 nights in a row of the same sleep pattern - we put him down at 8.30 pm and he doesn't wake till 3am. I feed him again and he goes back to sleep till around 7. Great for our sleep, but then he won't settle AT ALL through the day... we've tried walks, trips in the car, baths, every trick we can think of, but the longest he'll ever sleep for at a time in the day is 30 mins. This makes getting housework done very tricky!!

Deancy - I know what you mean about the washing... Dylan vomits on everything, so we're going through so many changes of outfits/sheets/wraps/bibs etc each day! #-o

Hi ladies

today is my 1st morning alone and so far we have been peed on twice and gone thru 3 outfits and have been really unsettled.

Jordan got up at 4am so I bought him into our bed to sleep till hubby got up at 5am so I didnt disturb him with feeding etc. I really enjoyed sleeping in bed with him. I know i said I thought it was a bad habit, but thats what the inlaws have been telling me. I love doing it but dont want to make a habit of it I guess.

He is asleep finally now which is good. He started feeding at 6am and has been unsettled till now.

I am glad everyone is enjoying their bubs, as we should.

Tracey - I hope Jordan behaves for you today! I'm lucky that my DH took a whole month off, so I've still got him for another week and a half! Not looking forward to going it alone though...

Jordan is gorgeous - I've just checked out your website as I've fianlly got around to doing one for Dylan.

It's very quiet in here - there must only be a few of us in this forum at the moment.

Kazzy Guest

Hiya All,
    Dee - did you write in another forum that Dylan has the infant acne?? Eden has it wuite bad - looks terrible but I am told that it is just her hormones adjusting. Hopefully it will clear up in a couple of weeks.

Glad to hear everyone is doing OK. My c-section scar is great now - just a little tender but no more infection!!

Great to hear that some of you are geeting good blocks of sleep too - I suppose even if they are unsettled during the day, atleast if you can get rest at night that is a good thing.

Health cente visit on Thurs - looking forward to seeing how Eden is going - she looks bigger.

Thats it for now - catch up soon.

Kazzy
    xx

Haven't been able to get onto the forum in the past couple of weeks - 'cause of Gus' constant screaming. Kazzy thank you so much for telling me about the Tweddle 'Sleep Right, Sleep Tight' book and video. I phoned Tweddle to order them and they have just arrived this afternoon. Haven't had a chance to look at the video so far, but the book looks great. Will keep you posted as to our progress. xx

im still here,but am making my exit tomorrow to the next thread as little princess was i month yesterday,wow gone too fast.i took her into work today and of course there were alot of ooohs and aaaahhss.she is still so little so everyone thinks they are seeing a freshy.she is 7 pounds now and growing nicely,she still hasnt even got to my first sons birth weight.
    kirsty nice to hear from you.hope you are coping ok,how is gussy boy,is he getting better,hope he settles for you soon and that you find some great tips in the book and video.
    see you all in the next thread girls
    love nikki

Kazzy Guest

Kirsty - Glad to hear from you. Sorry that Gus is still out of sorts. Hopefully you have got over the worst of it and it will start to subside soon. The Sleep right book was a Godsend to me with my Toddler - he all of a sudden started making himslef vomit before sleep time and would not settle. I think the poor little man was having night terrors and wasn't sure how to help him feel secure again. I was at my wits end and called Tweddle for some help. They gave me advice over the phone that was gentle both on my son and me and within a couple of weeks, he was back to normal. It has been a great help to alot of people I know so hopefully it will help you too. It is good because it offers a few different alternatives. Where are you located Kirsty - not in Melb I suppose?? Ring them anyway and they may be able to give you some advice over the phone too. I am sending heaps of good vibes to you and Gussy so that you get over this difficult spot VERY soon.

Kazzy
    XXXX

Kazzy - yep Dylan has the acne on his cheeks, just a few spots on each side though, and I've been putting sorbelene on twice a day which seems to be helping.

Kirsty - I really hope the book/video helps you to settle Gus. You must be so exhausted. We're all thinking of you!

We had our maternal health nurse check up today. Jordan has grown 2 cm since birth and now weighs 4.22 kilos. It feels like such an accomplishment that he is gaining weight and growing as I am doing that all on my own.
    I am so glad I am sticking with the breastfeeding despite the sore nipples. I am sure that they will get better soon. They already hurt less as the attachment must be right now.

Kazzy and Dee- Jordan to has a few pimples on his face with the nurse said would happen. she also said that he would peel which he is on his legs and feet.

Dee - thanks for looking at my website. my friend made it for us, I have no idea about websites. I am hoping to get some better pics on there though as I look terrible in the photo, it was day of birth so I guess its understandable.

Glad to see we are all getting the rest we need and all the cuddles we want from our little bundles.

^^Bekka^^ Guest

Hi Girls,

Glad to see everyone is doing well. I seem to be doing better. I love to hold Xavier all the time. He is such a snuggley bub. I could care less what people tell me about holding them to often or rocking them to sleep or even having them sleep in your bed. Pleople are so quick to put other peoples methods down. I say - You do what you want and I will do what I want. I have done the same with all mine and have never had any probs when they were older like having them stay in their own bed. I think they feel more secure when they have been cuddled and loved so much.

Woops better go...I am being called!

Love Bek

Cynthaz Guest

Hi, could you please add me to the list please:

Forum Name: Cynthaz
    State: SA
    Baby's DOB: 11/11/2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 4080 grams Length - 54.5cm Head Circ - 37cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Ryan
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: 14 days late

Ryan is finally here 14 days after his due date. Yay!

We are very tired as he sleeps wonderfully all day but wakes every hour or 2 at night. I'm glad to read about others who are getting longer sleeps at night. Gives me hope that things may get better here :-)

HI Cynthaz - welcome to the thread! Good to hear your little boy (actually he's pretty big by the sound of it...) is sleeping well through the day - I'm sure he'll get the hang of nights soon for you!!

crockerclan Guest

Hi,

Can I join in.

Forum Name : crockerclan
    State : NSW
    Baby's DOB: 3.11.05
    Baby's Stats : 8 pound 2, Height 51cm, Head 35cm
    Name : Ashleigh Michele
    Baby's website : No
    Health Concern : Club talipes(plaster on legs for six weeks), possible reflux.
    Notes : 5 days early

I have been having trouble settling my baby. I had to take her to the paedaetrician yesterday because she was projectile vomitting and very irritable. We had to change the formula(can not breast feed due to surgery on breasts) from Karicare gold to reflux because the doctor thinks she has reflux. If this does not work we will have to put her on medicine. I have to ring on Friday.

Today she was very hard to settle, not sleeping much at all until 4.30 this afternoon. Hoping she will have a better night and better day tomorrow so I can get things done around the house.

Michele
    Mother of Christopher, Luke, Melissa, Jayden and Ashleigh(13 days old)

Hi Girls

We now have your very own born in November 2005 thread which can be found HERE for the November babies and for our October bubs your threa is HERE.

Please note that these old style threads will be locked at the end of this month and the new ones will take over.

Love

hi michelle,welcome aboard.your poor little baby,is she in any pain?why does she need plaster,this must be so horrible for you ...
    tell me about your other children,ges etc,wow you are a busy girl with 5 little munchkins
    congrats on the birth of your baby girl,cant wait to chat with you more
    nikki

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast