Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Newborn - 1 Month, October/November '05

Default Newborn - 1 Month, October/November '05

Welcome to the Newborn to 1 Month thread for October/November 2005!

To have any of your details included in this thread, please reply to this post and a moderator will add you to the list.

Newborn to 1 Month List - September '05

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl
    Baby Name(s):
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic)
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.)
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: nicolemckay (nikki)
    State:
    Baby's DOB: 13th October 2005 3.18pm
    Baby's Stats: 5lbs 13oz, Length 45cm, HC 33cm
    Gender of Baby:Girl
    Baby Name(s): chantelle jasmin
    Baby's Website:
    Notes:ceaserian section,39 weeks gestation, apgar score 9 and 10.

Forum Name: Bonnie
    State: SA
    Baby's DOB: 14th October 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3770gms Length - 51.5cms Head Circ. - 35cms
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name(s): Tristan Ethan
    Notes: Born 7 days overdue by emergency cesarean.

Forum Name: Kazzy
    State:
    Baby's DOB: 15th October 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 6lb 9oz Length - 48cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Eden Kate
    Baby's Website:
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) Emerg Ceaser

Forum Name: Fenella
    Baby's DOB: 19th October
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3695 Length - 49cm Head Circ - 36cm
    Baby Name(s): Tamsin
    Baby's Website: none yet
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) none
    8 days early

Forum Name: Canniel (Candice)
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 22nd October 2005 8:02pm
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 8lb 3 Length -52.5cm
    Baby Name(s): Brynach Anthony Herbert McLeod
    Baby's Website: nil
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes:

Forum Name: dee73 (Donella)
    Baby's DOB: 22nd October 2005
    Baby's Stats: 3.85kg (8lb 8oz); 51.5 cm long; 36.1cm head circ.
    Baby Name(s): Dylan Jacob
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: -
    Notes: 6 days early

Forum Name: Bekka
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB: 30th October 2005
    Baby's Stats: 7lb 2oz - 49.5 cm long; 35 cm head circ.
    Baby Name(s): Xavier Jack
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: -
    Notes: 1 day late

Check out what is happening in the last thread found HERE

kathryn, i just realised my details are not up the top, would you mind adding them please?

Forum Name: *Linda*
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 04/10/05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 2700gLength -47.5cm Head Circ - 30cm
    Baby Name(s): Emma Joy
    Baby's Website: on www link
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes:

i am pretty lucky arnt i.how is your scar healing up linda?
    nikki

not too bad nikki, but to be honest it has been a lot more painful recover than i expected. i really didnt think it would be so painful. it hasnt bled though. i had staples in mine, did you?

Hi - My details aren't up either! Thanks

Forum Name: Krisvee
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 9th October 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 2.67kg/5lb14 Length - 46cm Head Circ - 33cm
    Baby Name(s): Louis Robert
    Health Concerns: N/A
    Notes: Born 2 weeks early

Girls, I've updated your details

Hi,

Hope you're all having a cruisy Sunday! I left Louis with dh this morning and went on a bit of a shopping spree at Eastland! Bought some new clothes etc - I think I deserve it - hehe!

DH is off to work tomorrow so it will be interesting to see how the week goes. Louis is being pretty good and seems to be lasting more 3 1/2-4 hours at the moment. I so hope he stays that way!

We put him in his 0000 outfit that we first had him in after birth and he's pretty much grown out of it! His little feet are too big for the space! hehe. It was a pretty small outfit though. He still fits into his other 0000 clothes but it's exciting to see the changes so obviously.

kristie is louis bottle and breast feeding,i dont think my dh would know what to do with chantelle if he had to look after her,your dh sounds great
    nikki

Nikki - I'm breastfeeding - My shopping trips have to be rushed in between feeds!

Yep - My dh is doing really well. I haven't even bathed Louis yet - he's been doing that. It's actually a big surprise in some ways because he wasn't very big on helping out with anything before Louis arrived and now he's helping out with everything. He has had a couple of weeks off though and he's back to work tomorrow so we'll see if it keeps up!! He's been getting his sleep at nights though so sometimes he's fresher than me through the daytime.

Hope everyone's had a fab weekend and that your babes have been delightful. The weather has been sensational here in Sydney and Gussyboy's been a happy little fella today. I've just woken from a lovely snooze with Gussyboy to the smell of homemade pizzas cooking. My DH is a really good cook so am really looking forward to tucking into dinner in a little while.

Kristie, It's great to hear things are going so well for you and DH with lil Louis. Your DH sounds smitten with his little boy. How did your shopping trip go? It's tricky buying clothes in the first few weeks post delivery - while your tum is shrinking away it's tricky knowing what size to buy.

Nikki, How are your boys handling the change in focus now that Chantelle is home? Must be a bit of a shock for them. Are they able to be of help to you and Grant?

Linda, Am sorry to hear your caesar wound is causing you grief. I found my post op caesar pain improved exponentially after a couple of weeks. Hope the same happens for you.

Hi everyone

I am just popping in to see how the new mothers and bubs are going.

Kirsty - I am glad to see that Gus is doing well. He is really is a trooper and what a story for his 21st about his entry into the world. Iam sure he will suceed at everything in life as he certainly has that fighting spirit.

Krisvee - I am glad to hear the DH has taken such a keen interest in the baby. It is really is special i think for them to bond early on as we have had 9 months of bonding already.

Linda - I hope that you start to feel better soon.

Have a lovely week ladies and hopefully I can join you in here soon. [-o<

Good morning!

Well Louis has been a little cheeky this morning. I think he must be needing more awake time because he did not want to go to sleep! I gave him tummy time which he did really well at and then had to put him in the bouncer in the bathroom so I could have a shower!

Tracey - Not long now! I can't wait until you join us in here with your little bundle! Rest up now!

Kirsty- Ooh homemade pizza - yum! Lucky you that dh can cook! Luckily I'm back into my normal clothes with just a bit of extra tummy - 3kg to go! I'm hoping with this beautiful weather it shouldn't be too hard to lose with some walking. I bought a bikini with a singlet top though because of my stretchies - grrr.

OK better go - still not dressed and have dishes and washing to hang out - it's a beautiful day in Melbourne today!

Hi Girls.

I've finally found some time to spend on the computer. Tristan's being a little pain at the moment. I still am a bit slow to getting the automatic fountain under control whenever I change him!!!! He's peed alot on his father, once on the door in the kitchen (when we had the change table in there for bath), once on the midwife on a home visit, once on his own face (poor little man). Oh well.

What brand of disposable nappies do you guys use? I've found that huggies are best. I tried the babylove ones, but it left these little silicon like balls all over Tristan's bum. I don't know if they're harmful because it would be a pity to waste them (we've got 3 big packs). I've been meaning to go cloth nappies, but Tristan's Still getting used to my milk, and it's a disaster zone down there!!!

Kirsty - Jealousy has kicked in. I love homemade pizza, especially with the gourmet stuff on it like eggplant, artichoke, sun dried tomato, salami, kalamata olives, bocconcini and roasted capsicum. Yummo!!!!

Linda & Nikki - I didn't think they used staples anymore. I've got dissolveable stitches. Are you guys getting niggling pains above your scars?

Hi Kathryn. Can you please add my details too.

Forum Name: Bonnie
    Baby's DOB: 14/10/05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3770gms Length - 51.5cms Head Circ. - 35cms
    Baby's Name(s): Tristan Ethan
    Notes: Born 7 days overdue by emergency cesarean.

I'm going for a quick sleep, then I'm going to the GP to get my scar checked out and get some more drugs.

Love and Hugs....................Bonnie

Hey Bonnie! Congrats on your little boy!

Yep - we've had the water fountain thing happening as well! Also from his bum as well - hehe. dh has been peed on a couple of times as well as pooed on as have I. We've both caught vomit as well! Oh the joy of it all -hehe.
    We're using huggies as well. We haven't had any accidents with these yet (other than once when we didn't do it up tight enough - hehe) We have cloth nappies as well and when we run out of newborn disposables will be using them mainly. He doesn't really fit into the towelling nappies yet and the flannelette ones seemed to get drenched.

hi bonnie,congats again on little tristan,great name.i had disolvable stitches as well.my scar is still open at one end and bleeding every day.it is not painful just looks really yucky.this did not happen with m,y first 2.mine is actually raelly itchy.
    i am using disposable huggies also.
    LOL at the fountain,i can remember that,it doesnt seem to happen with little girl,although as i held her against me last night as i was about to bath her i got piddled on down my front followed by a vomit down my top.hee hee.
    cath you guys later
    nikki

Do you guys use dummies?

kristie, we use a dummy a bit, but emma is not really all that interested. she only takes it when she is hungry, then it frustrates her within a minute because she realises she cant get any milk out of it. she does like sucking her fingers though....

nikki, glad to hear your scar isnt hurting, i hope it heals soon for you though.

bonnie, i am using huggies as well. i have found them really good, no leaks. that sounds weird about the baby love ones. maybe you could put liners in them and use what is left, just not to waste them? i didnt think they used staples anymore either. but it was a locum OB who did it, a lot of the staff were surprised he used them too :-s but they all said he did a really good job anyway.

tracey, hope you are in here very soon!!!! \/

kirsy, that sounded great, waking up from a snooze with your boy to DH cooking tea. sounds like the makings of a great day im really glad you are coming into this thread!!

well, Emma has had restless nights the last 2 nights. she wants to feed almost constantly for about 1 1/2 hours at around midnight, then up every 2 1/2 - 3 hours for the rest of the night. i hope it is just a growth spurt and she has longer breaks soon.....

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast