Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Newborn - 1 Month, September/October '05

Default Newborn - 1 Month, September/October '05

Welcome to the Newborn to 1 Month thread for September 2005!

To have any of your details included in this thread, please reply to this post and a moderator will add you to the list.

Newborn to 1 Month List - September '05

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl
    Baby Name(s):
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic)
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.)
    __________________________________________________ _________

Forum Name: nixie
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 23rd September 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 7lb 6oz, Length - 48.5cm Head Circ - 35cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Reilly Matthew
    Baby's Website: not yet!
    Health Concerns: nothing so far (fingers crossed)
    Notes: 4 days late, born after 7 hours of progressing labour (he had been a bit stop-start for about 8 hours prior), had gas, pethadine and epidural, ended up with a small tear requiring 2 stitches. Apgar of 9 and 9. Left hospital after 34 hours.
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: Mandimoo
    State: Qld
    Baby's DOB: 5th October 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight -8p 11oz Length -55 cm Head Circ -35cm
    Baby Name(s): Samuel Gary
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    9 days overdue, induced labour, Sam had alot of mucous in body at birth and was taken to special care to get rid of some of it other than that we have been blessed with a healthy baby.
    __________________________________________________ __________

Forum Name: nicolemckay (nikki)
    State:
    Baby's DOB: 13th October 2005 3.18pm
    Baby's Stats: 5lbs 13oz, Length 45cm, HC 33cm
    Gender of Baby:Girl
    Baby Name(s): chantelle jasmin
    Baby's Website:
    Notes:ceaserian section,39 weeks gestation, apgar score 9 and 10.

Forum Name: Kazzy
    State:
    Baby's DOB: 15th October 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 6lb 9oz Length - 48cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Eden Kate
    Baby's Website:
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) Emerg Ceaser

Forum Name: Fenella
    State: SA
    Baby's DOB: 19th October
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3695 Length - 49cm Head Circ - 36cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Tamsin
    Baby's Website: none yet
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) none
    8 days early

Morning all, it's spring!!!
    Just a quick note from me again I'm sorry.
    Little Zac is doing great!
    Congratulations Yvette, those girls of yours a simply beautiful!!
    How is everybody going?
    I've missed the last few days of August so I will go back & catch up asap.
    Zac has grown 1/2 a cm since birth & only put on 90 grams since birth, drs arent too worried becauce he feeds well & is taking the right amount of milk that he is meant to, but he sleeps for 9 hours at night & is missing out on 2 feeds but, (get this) they said not to wake him up for a feed!!! what do I do? Bill has been trying to wake him up when he gets up for work, by being noisy, but that doesn't work, Zac is such a sound sleeper, I guess if he was hungry he would surely let me know!!

Must go have to get the bigger ones up & ready for school.

Talk soon, Take care

Melody Guest

9 Hours! Do you know what you are saying Storm?

You are in the newborn thread with a woman who would sell her soul to sleep more than 3 consecutively & you're casually talking 9 hours! [-X

It seems like a lifetime ago! [-o<

I'm so glad you are doing well & the doctors are happy

The mighty Hunter is good.... we are just trying to do all the right things but I know we are doing well.... it is a scary time though

#-o I'm sorry mel, I will keep things like that to myself.......
    But if it makes you feel any better, he sleeps from 7pm til 4am then is up to around 6, so i still have to get up early, & he still has nights where he does wake up every 4-5 hours too!
    pretty soon Hunter will settle in to a good routine & you'll get some good sleep. The first time he sleeps for longer at night you'll have had that much sleep, you wont know what to do with yourself!!!You'll be in shock, i know I was.

Glad that you guys are doing well, aint life grand with a newborn???????

Melody Guest

It's so quiet in here..... could it be the old toss up between sleep/washing load/feeding & general "What The?!" & posting.

I do plan to re-enter the world at some stage

Remind me to tell you about the 'advice disaster' i am experiencing at the moment... it will have you laughing

Hi guys, I've done up a post of Baby Birthdays HERE, so if you guys want to add your bubs to them just reply

hello o o o o o o o o o
    it's so quiet here, where is everybody?
    I just popped in to say bye bye :smt022
    Zac has turned 1month :smt022 oh where has the time gone?
    talk to you soon Mel

How are you & Hunter going Mel?

Melody Guest

Good Storm I snuck into the 1-3 month thread looking for you.... al my August crew are leaving me 8-[

Hunter had a bit of a grizzle day.... but thats ok. I've been going walking in the park between 4-5 just to give him some fresh air (& move some of these Tim Tams) & normally he goes to sleep straight away but there was a strong wind & everytime we were in the shade he cried because of the cold & everytime we were in the direct sun (it is a walking circuit) he cried because it was bright & too warm ( 8-[ I think) so he just stayed really unsettled. Ahhh well, I'de rather be walking around the park with him at arsenic hour than shut up in the house.

He's pretty perfect though.... just hanging out for that day when he sleeps through. I did feel a bit bad today, i saw a woman in the park, obviously pushing a new born, & the bub was smaller than Hunter so I smiled & said "How many days is he?" (not even thinking #-o ) & she replied "5 & a half weeks". It was innocent of me & no big deal but i hope she wasn't miffed by it. Hunter is just such a big boy. He is not far from 5kg.

I think i need some more pictures of Zac though.... [-( You're holding out on me Storm. He looks like a little Jedi Knight in that signiture photo.... how are you going? everyone says if you can get past three then you dont notice the change with four... how are you finding it?

Hi Mel, things are going good, Zac has recovered from his op & is a cheeky little monkey!
    Was a bit of a grizzle guts yesterday arvo , but good now. Sorry I don't have a website to show you more piccies of him& LMAO at him looking like a jedi, I think in that pic he's a thinker, just like his daddy.
    Isn't it funny how babies always pick the afternoon to be unsettled?
    Glad your getting out & about in the fresh air, works wonders, we seem to be able to handle the grizzles better if we're not cooped up at home, suffering from cabin fever as well.
    You're doing a wonderful job, being Hunter's mummy.

I think Zac is no hassel, & yeah being the 4th, it's kind of anything goes, he doesn't cry much at all & doesn't mind getting lugged around the world most days either, let's hope this don't change!!& I have lots of helpers too, He has made a wonderful edition to our family, but he hasn't caused chaos or mayhem yet if I could be guarenteed another would be have like this I would have more.
    Anyway, I have to go to the shop, so I'll catch up with you soon take care, & it wont belong til you're in the 1/3 months thread either!! BYE BYE

*Yvette* Guest

Hi Melody & Storm (& Fletch & Kelly & others....)

I think us girls with newborns are just too busy to go online. I'm doing the 'what the' quite a lot.

Have just had a quick read here, but now must get Antgus to bed & go feed some babies again........

What the...? Which one first?.....Which side feels more engorged....?

Melody Guest

My whole world seems to revolve around my breasts & which one feels 'fuller'.... there's a real science to it 8-[

Yvette I cant imagine how it feels to service two hungry munchkins!

I had my first 'normal' thai & DVD with DH tonight.... I really enjoyed it.

I'm feeling a bit nutty today.... is it the fact that i seem to be constantly washing, bathing, nappy changing, bench wiping, sheet changing, cooking or cleaning? Or maybe the fact that i havent slept more than 3.5/4hrs consecutively in 3 weeks? Choices, choices.... ](*,)

Custardtart Guest

Forum Name: Custardtart
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 7/9/2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 4.565 kg/ 10lb 1oz Length - 53.5 cm
    Baby Name(s): Max Zachariah
    Baby's Website: -
    Health Concerns: jaundice, had 48 hours phototherapy in hospital and needs to be fed every four hours to maintain fluids. Fortunately, this is his regular sleeping/waking pattern since birth!
    Notes: Induced due to hypertension four days early, after 24 hours of labour tried for forceps delivery as he was presenting slightly posterior, ended up with an unplanned C-section.

Max is amazingly well co-ordinated for a newborn, he could lift his head unsupported from birth and is extremely strong. I guess that's what happens when you have a ten-pounder! At ten days old, he is already filling the size 000 rompers we bought him and will be in size 00 in a couple of weeks!

I'm a bit shell-shocked about the way the birth went, having had two vaginal births previously I really hadn't considered that I might have to have a C-section this time around and was doing everything in my power to avoid it. In the end, I just didn't have the strength to push him out, and was exhausted by the time they decided a C-sec was inevitable.
    The recovery time is definitely longer, I was in hospital for a full week and now that I am back home I am trying to not be frustrated by how little energy I have. Fortunately I have an amazing husband who is discovering just how much work is involved in being Mr Mom, and coping brilliantly.

The best thing of all about this birth is how close it has brought my family together - my girls are old enough that they are claiming responsibility for 'their' baby brother, and we are all as involved with him as each other. We missed each other dreadfully while I was in hospital, so have a renewed apprecation for each others company and for how our family works.

Ok, I'm off to grab another hours sleep... last night Max was unsettled, I think maybe I'll have to add another layer of clothing to him to help him sleep through the night when it cools down. I have him well wrapped, but he was very wakeful.

Later!

Kerrie

hello.... hello.... hello....

is that an echo?? LOL

Custardtart Guest

I think I can hear you through the haze of sleep-deprivation....
    Why is it that he sleeps like an angel through the day, and wakes every two hours at night? *yawn*....

Kerrie

LOL thats what I thought...its hard to focus isn't it

Custardtart Guest

Praise God for mothers, mine came over today and took the two older girls out for the afternoon so I could catch up on some sleep! It makes all the difference in the world, I can be Supermum again now
    DH was working from home so he could pick up Max if he cried, the problem is that when Max decides to make a fuss he doesn't build up to it, he goes "from zero to BANG!", as DH puts it, so of course I woke up completely after two hours to his wailing before DH got to him! The fact that he settled two minutes later doesn't count, I was already fully awake.

I took Max in for his two-week MCHN check-up today, in one week the little minx has put on 390 grams! No wonder his digestion is stirred up, growing that fast. My six-year-old has decided that 'digest' is her word of the week and is proudly using it to explain to people why Max has an upset stomach when he grizzles

He can't possibly keep growing at this rate, he's such a big kid it's freaking me!

Oh, also, I found out what his head circumference is if you could add that for me - 37 cm! No wonder I ended up with a c-section!

Kerrie

WOW 390gms is amazing! What a huge boy! Matilda put on around 150gms per week in her first 3 weeks so thats huge! But I just checked & her head circumferance at her 10day check was 36 so he sounds pretty similar

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast