Thread: 3 weeks and still no apetite...

Default 3 weeks and still no apetite...

Did it take everyone a while to get their apetite back? In the hospital I hardly ate, had to force myself, and now I'm still not eating much.

Sometimes I get hunger pains, but eating is like a real chore... and the hunger passes.

Yesterday I had 2 bites of a piece of toast and half an apple.

I still haven't got my appetite back, and DD3 is almost 5 weeks old. I'm fully breastfeeding as well. I just put it down to the fact that my body is weird lol.

It took me a while too. I ate well in hospital but not well at all once we got home. I think it was around 4 or 5 weeks before I started eating properly again. I think the sleep deprivation gave me that nauseated jet lag feeling. Once I caught up on some sleep, my appetite returned.

It was just too much effort to eat once i left hospy - it someone else gave me food, i'd eat it, but CBFd preparing anything for me.

Took me awhile too. DD is now 5 weeks and my appetite has just come back this week.

Thanks everyone... it seems to be coming back veryyy slowly. Last night I actually felt hungry . I still cant eat a whole lot, but little by little.

It's amazing how much your energy goes up just by eating a little more.

For those who are struggling - bananas and 'Up and Go' drinks are the best for nutritional benefits and enery (thats what the midwives keep tellling me anyway).
    Last edited by CoNNiE_Melb; August 29th, 2010 at 12:01 PM.