Thread: AF after baby

Default AF after baby

Hi,

Well AF returned today, 1 month & 5 days after giving birth. When I used to get AF i never had ANY symptoms. Never knew when she was coming. Had no cramps or anything like that. Now today I've been sooo moody and have had cramps all day. Has AF changed so dramatically for anyone else after they had their baby?

Yes! I always used to have straightforward periods, but when they returned after my first-born, they came with cramps and spotting in the lead up. I think having a baby re-wires your body... :-k

Ooh - maybe mine will go the other way. Always been very regular, but heavy and crampy and seriously moody! Maybe I'll go light, easy irregular and no moods. We can only hope!

Melinda Guest

Mine are different, but in a good way. I always suffered terribly from really bad cramps, back ache etc (more common for those with a retroverted uterus such as myself), but AF was never particularly heavy. I've even had to have time off work in the past because it's been so bad. But since having Jacob and AF returned, it has been totally painless. The first day I usually have a bit of a back ache, but that's it. Strangely, I also have 2 days of brownish very light bleeding and then the proper bleeding starts on the third day and is really heavy for 2 days before tapering off. I've also noticed that it lasts for around 6 days as opposed to 5 like before.

Bizarre. Mine came back within one month of Olivia being born (which is a bit weird as she was demand breastfed?) so I was surprised at that.

And my cycle went back to being regular 29 days from then on. And they were no different at all to the periods I had had pre-pregnancy.

So no change for me at all.

I think my cycle became shorter also - 26 days instead of 28. I'm enjoying being preg again and not having AF!

Mine are shorter than before... only lasting about 5 days max. But I dont know if this is to do with the pill or not.
    I have heard it is quite common for AF to change after pregnancy/birth, I usually hear stories of it changing for the better.

Before kids AF use to be fairly regular & no lead up or pain durning execpt for a bit of back ache on the first day. BUT lucky me they would last about 8 to 9 days! When AF returned after Evan (11 months after) they exactly the same! I wish for those 3 to 5 day bleeds I hear so much about but nope lucky me gets 3 to 5 days of heavy bleed then tappers off at 5 days to almost nothing then back again still fairly heavy for another 2 days then eventually finishes off about 8 or 9 days from when I started.

I love being AF free, it just seems to take up so much of my month when it here.

Damn AF!!!!

Like Tootie, since having Stacey mine have been 2 days brownish then going to heavy bright red and lasting alot longer. This is the 2nd AF and she is only 2 months OLD!!!!!!

i know when my sister got hers back it was extremely heavy, and hers are normally pretty light

i'm still waiting for mine to come - not that i'm complaining but it would be nice to know when to expect it!!

Default Wondering.

Got my Af back five weeks ago. So I am now 1 week overdue for my second AF. Wondering if they can be irregular like this after birth or if I am preg again......guess a test will tell but am unsure if I should test now or leave it another few days. And what if I am? I had a c-section and my older sister told me a week ago that ur not meant to fall for a ur after a c-sect. The hospital never told me any of that! Not much I can do if I am..... GUess I'm just nervous 8-[

katkins my last AF was a week late, pretty scary too! And then it hit with a vengence... felt like I was having BH's all day long

well test was negative, so just got to wait for AF to turn up. Am I strange in that I really miss being pregnant?? I can't wait to have another, but I know two on top of each other is going to be very hard to handle and I know we should wait.....I'm just strange I think. :-s

Default Periods and ovulation after Baby

Girls,

This question about "when do I get my period back after giving birth" comes up such a lot, and it seems that there is no real strict answer, which is a bit confusing!

I just remembered that there is an article on the main site of Belly Belly that may be useful: Your Period and Ovulation After Baby......have a read.....

Default AF and when she'll visit?

Well AF hasnt visited me yet and William is 5mths old is that normal? Dont get me wrong i so hate her visiting, the pains and hospital trips the 50 days she has sometimes lasted for, very rude AF is isnt she girls!!!!! i hope im not jinxing myself!!!!! Nadia 8-[