Thread: Body after pregnancy

Default Body after pregnancy

Morning girls, O

Just a quick question... I was listening to the radio, and apparently in Wales about 70% of women are unhappy with their bodies after pregnancy (up to 2 years haven given birth). Are you all worried about this too?

I hadn't given this that much thought to be honest... but do you know how you're planning to shed the after pregnancy wieght?

xx

I love mine after pregnancy! I lost heaps of weight through breastfeeding and I felt more female somehow?

I am sadly no super model figure, but I am totally happy with what my body has now become..........

I have worked on my body a little more after the pregnancy of dd. I don't lose weight with b/f so I have to be a bit more dilagent with exersice and eating. The past three weeks I have exersiced from a tv half hour show 4x a week. I am so happy. I can already notice my tummy tightening. Haven't lost any weight yet but I am sure it will come. Just have to watch what I eat a bit more.

I am happy with my motherly look (curves) if I don't lose much.

I am happy with mine just need to tone the stomach a tad as I did tear a stomach muscle during labour which needs to be re-strengthened. But I was very underweight before pregnancy and Pregnancy helped me get into the healthy bracket.

Love

I have always been quite small framed, but never toned. After having ash i went back to my pre-pregnancy weight faily quickly, and was fortunate enough to not have to diet or excersize. Im actually now a size smaller than i was before i had her, i think this is due to being so busy all the time! Theres things i wasnt happy with before having Ash, that are still the same things that i dont like now, so i guess its not really from having a baby, more just too lazy to do anything about it!

I guess I am the odd one out. I am totally unhappy with my body after PG. I was a size 10 before I fell pg, and now I am a 16... need I say anymore?

Unfortunately I'm in the same boat as Ambah and my DD is 2 and half. But in my defense I have been doing IVF since she as 9mos old and there are a number of periods in the cycle whereby inactivity is recommended (like after ET). So this month, having been on a reak I've been trying to loose weight and so far its slow and steady.

I think, like babies, everyone is different. Some people I know have problems getting back to pre-baby weight but other don't.

The most disappointing thing about B/F for me was the shape of my bbs after nine mos of it! So much so that after (if it ever happens) #2 I will probably have a breast lift/reduction!!!

Kellee Guest

I agree - I don't really like my boobs anymore. I used to - I wish I had taken a picture! They sort of point downwards, if you know what I mean. Not being able to wear an underwire bra until I stop breastfeeding Charlie doesn't help either! The rest of me is ok - I'm losing a stack of weight (I needed to before I got pregnant in the first place!) so I'm happy with that.

amalie Guest

Default stretch marks

hi just wanted to ask a question about stretch marks. do they ever fade or disappear (dont you love the optimism) or are they here to stay?

LOL....my stretch marks are gone now... the ones on my bb's and my belly... unfortunately the bum ones have faded but are still there...

amalie Guest

thanks matilda.. thats a relief am 24 months and have terrrible huge purple stretch marks on bb already but dont have any on my belly yet but have been madly applying anti stretch mark cream all over to try and delay any appearances they may try to make but am starting to feel very itchy all over and a friend told me that is usually related to the skin stretching ..

amalie Guest

sorry i meant to say 24weeks not 24 months LOL

Depends on your skin, the location of the stretch marks and the severity of the stretching. Some will fade to white but still be evident! Bummer I know! :-s

elise1888 Guest

How did you prevent putting on too much weight during pregnancy?

Kim

I like my body better now (so does hubby). I am slimmer now than I was when Shayla was concieved. I did get stretch marks but they are slowly fading, some have gone altogether.

I also agree with Lucy in feeling more feminine.

Weight gain during pg should be a result of healthy eating - not this "eating for 2" business. (unless you have great genetics and a high metabolic rate!) O