Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bra size after birth

hey Sherwils

Things are just never fair, I will be lining up for an augmentation after my baby days are over (will be my little reward to myself I think) there is just no fairness is there. lol

Jackie Guest

Hmm, mine have always been biggish C cup, now they are a D. Would gladly hand a bit of them over to anyone who would like to have a bit more

I'm sad to say that after 4 kids, none of them breast fed, I have relatively the same amount of boob, ie it fills the bra cup b or c, but as there seems to be no spring to it, padded bras push them out of the bra and make me look like I have 4 boobs, and the cleavage line isn't what it used to be. Dh is also a boobs man, there is still a handful, but it's heaps softer and points more down than up. I won't be doing anything about them though, they are definetley here to stay until they sag more that is. LOL
    Cheers Michelle

I too was wondering about breastfeeding & sagging. I plan on breastfeeding, and DH was in agreeance b4, but since a friend had her baby a few months ago, whom had also planned on b/feeding, but her DH was trying to convince her otherwise, but she opted not to. Her DH kept saying that her breasts would sag after breastfeeding & that she wouldn't pass the 'pen' test:

hold your breast up, put a pen under it & let your breast go, the pen should drop to the floor if there is no sagging.

Does getting a properly/professionally fit maternity bra early on in the pregnany stop this?

I know it's a bit too soon to ask this, but was curious.

Wow I passed the pen test, so i guess mine aren't as saggy as I thought.

They are definetly not perky though, like they were when I was 18, but a friend who is 34 and hasn't had any kids says it just happens anyway (the lack of perkiness that is).
    Cheers Michelle

Default Bra size

Mine went mental, when i was 11weeks preggers with William i went into myer to get fitted and i went in a 12c and came out a WHOPPING 18dd (LOL)now he is 5mths old and yep im still 18dd WHAT THE??????

Nadia :smt022

Default BOOBIES AND GOING SOUTH

ROFL i feed 1st one for 4mths only but still feeding 2nd and he's 5mths, when i was PG they did the Pammy Anderson thing no bra and vavavoom,DH loved it bigggg boobies, but i think that breast feeding affects them, ive seen mine go south in a big way, and if you lovely ladies notice when BF they(babies)can strech them(nipples)amazingly far. #-o

wow - interesting read. i have to admit that i haven't passed the 'pen' test since high school (14C) and now i'm a 16DD i think i could hold a couple of pens under each breast and this when i'm not even preggant yet, let alone breast feeding. oh well i resigned myself to saggyness back when i first grew boobs - it's abit of an uphill battle trying to fight it.

With me, they didn't grow much during pregnancy, just up a size towards the end, I was a D cup. Now that I am breastfeeding, I am a DD but in one boob only :-k , not sure why, but one boob will fit into a D and the other DD so of course I buy DD. It's sooo hard to get bras in that size!

Debbie Lee Guest

OMG @ the pen test. Surely being able to BF and supply all those lovely nutrients to your baby is more important that being able to drop a fricken pen??!! Urrgh! Some men drive me nuts!
    My boobs sagged before BFing so it won't matter if they do afterwards, LOL.

I was a 14D before preggie, spent most of pg as 14DD until the last couple of months where I went to a 16DD.
    Still wearing the 16DDs, but really noticing that they are a bit too big.

I think I'll probably settle back into a 14D in the next couple of months. I would go bra shopping now, but it wouldn't be very hygenic to try on bras with leaky boobs I dont think....

Fi

mooshie Guest

Well for me before babies i was a 12c, then ended up after 2 a 14D with lani i went to a 16DD when milk came in i was spilling out of them as well, but settled down a bit.

as i am only giving lani morning feeds now i have put my old 14d bra on and it is a bit tight, so will have to go and get some new ones i think.

as far as sagginess i think it comes with a combination of various things, pregnancy, breastfeeding and age - i know with lani my back has become wider - i often say when i have finished having children i am going to bangkok on a girls holiday and get plastic surgery done (it is apparently alot cheaper over there and good doctors too) going for the lot lol boob reduction and lift, tummy tuck and nose job lol it is all a dream tho - my dh has only commented once on my lined tummy and saggier boobs he wasn't mean just made a comment and i just replied that i have carried and given birth to 3 of his children - that made him stop and think lol

I keep reading horrible horror stories about people who got plastic surgery done in asian countries.. the reason its so cheap is coz its so shody!
    Anyway.. just wanted you to know.. lol

My breasts are already a D and in some bras DD.. and i havent got any kids yet preg and nursing sizes are so not gonna be fun!

K

mooshie Guest

kirby

i wouldn't really go over there to get anything done - just a few of us friends say it to our dh's to stir them up a bit and watch the $ signs going in there eyes.

in the last 12mths i have had quite a few friends getting boob jobs - one reduction and 3 enlargements with another one deciding to get an enlargement next year. must be a bit of a thing to get done these days.

i always find this an interesting topic also.....especially before I had my first baby......who is now a 2 and a half year old.

I was about a 12B before pregnancy...went up to a 12C probably when my milk came in and those first few months of breastfeeding...

Now I am a 12A but think this is wonderful as I am an endurance athlete so less is better...I also have less body fat overall than I did BEFORE I had my baby...so that may explain the smaller bust too.

The most amazing this is that I still produce milk !!!! Yes, after 16 months since i stopped breastfeeding .............I must of been born to breastfeed...(and this was the same for my mum....so I have heard genetics play a big part in successful breastfeeding)..but that is another story.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12