thread: breastfeeding and cycles

Mar 2004
    Sparta

breastfeeding and cycles

AF seems a bit late this month . I used to be as regular as clockwork but I'm not sure if cycle lengths are normal when breastfeeding or a bit longer. Can anyone enlighten me.

Life Member

May 2003
    Beautiful Adelaide!

Hey.......

I only just noticed this post........did your period arrive?

Periods and breastfeeding is a tricky one as it really seems to differ between women.......some just don't get AF at all when BF, others get their pre-pregnancy cycle back straight away, and others seem to have varying cycles.

There is an article on the main site which is useful:

Your Period and Ovulation After Baby

And also some previous posts about it all HERE and HERE

HTH........

BellyBelly Member

Oct 2004
    Cairns QLD

I'm still AF free at 7 and 1/2 months post Glenns birth, he is only just starting to get into solids and breastfed the rest of the time.

With DS#1 it was 11months after when it returned and I was preg 4 cycles later (not actually trying, but happy with the surprise)

katanya Guest

I am AF free as well except I also have an IUD which can delay, minimise or stop blood flow as well even though I could be ovulating.

In fact I think this month I could have started ovulating, I had a few cramps in my side and those AF feelings but no AF!

Got to love the money saved on no AF products!

Mar 2005
    Bunbury, WA

that would be because AF products are so ridiculously expensive! It feels to me like im buying them\ all the time!

K

katanya Guest

oh definately!! I haven't had AF for about 18 months!! it is definately a plus to extended breastfeeding!