thread: digestive health

Mar 2012
    Melbourne

digestive health

Hi there

I gave birth 3.5 months ago. It was a natural birth. Im 25 years old.

Since then I have been bleeding on and off when I poo. I often feel the urge to poo when I breastfeed (kind of like those contractions you get initially when your uterus is contracting back down to size. )

At first I thought it was just from being constipated. Then I noticed a small ball just outside my anus (sorry tmi) but it went away and so did the bleeding. But today I had lots of blood and evn blood clots.

I believe this is somehow baby related as I've never had this problem before giving birth and a few years ago I was really unhealthy and ate crap a lot and never had this problem.

Has anyone else gone through this? Help!

Jul 2008
    Melbourne

It might be hemorrhoids? They're fairly common during pg and following giving birth. And they can bleed, although i don't know how much. Do you feel comfortable going to your doctor to have it checked?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by sloane; July 11th, 2012 at 10:24 PM.

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Jun 2008
    In snuggle land

Have you been checked out by a doctor? It may be you've had tearing in the anus during birth or you have a prolapse. Rather than speculating though, see a doctor. Blood clots from your bottom are not good.

Mar 2004
    Sparta

You need to see q Dr

♥ BellyBelly's Creator ♥
    Add BellyBelly on Facebook Follow BellyBelly On Twitter

Feb 2003
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Agree with the others. Please book in to your doctor asap. Post natally you need all the iron you can get too, which you'll be losing through blood loss.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    In 2015 I went Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team