thread: Doesn't feel right

Jul 2009
    Australia

Question Doesn't feel right

With DS i suffered another second degree tear as well as lacerations and required a fair few stitches.

I've had a feel and the ones around my labia and clitoris are all healed and no longer hurt but where i tore on my perineum is still quite tender and the site feels really tough/hard. I mentioned to DP and he said thats where i tore with DD so maybe i tore on the same area and its now scar tissue which is why it feels hard..

Does that sound right? Does/can that happen?

May 2008
    Melbourne, Vic

Yep second time around I tore along the same line as my first time... And it is quite hard scar tissue now.

When is your six week check? Are you seeing anyone soon? Get it checked out if your worried. Does it hurt?

Jul 2009
    Australia

My 6 week check is in a few weeks, i can however go get checked sooner if i am concerned.

It only hurts if i press down hard on it, is the healing process slower the second time around? Its been 3 weeks, but i remember with DD i felt fine and we were able to DTD without any issues after 5 weeks.

May 2008
    Melbourne, Vic

The healing process for me was better second time round as I tore instead of having an episiotomy (well I put it down to that anyway) and it didn't get infected.

Everyone is different I would assume. It doesn't sound like its worrying you too much? I knew my episiotomy wasn't healing right as it was very tender and hurt to go to the loo, we didn't even attempt DTD.

Maybe give it another week or so?

Jul 2009
    Australia

I'll give it another week, thank you! I was a little worried it wasn't normal for it to feel like it does.

Add Dansta on Facebook Follow Dansta On Twitter

Jul 2008
    a slice of paridise, victoria

I've had both those tears - DJ = Labia and Vic = backwards
    i found healing with DJ took longer then Vic, but vics tear hurt for longer KWIM? if your worried get it checked out