Thread: Exercise ideas for getting back into shape after baby

Cool Exercise ideas for getting back into shape after baby

Does anyone have any exercise ideas to getting a smoking hot body after giving birth??

I am going pram pushing (walking) but also wanted some other ideas to tone up my body. Can i do sit ups and stuff now??

I am breastfeeding, dont want to diet (it is hard enough to eat anyway with a newborn to keep me busy).

TIA

I think it's a little early for sit-ups, although your GP could tell you for sure. Generally, I think a bit of light exercise is ok in the first few weeks, but BE CAREFUL not to overdo it! Watch for any increase in bleeding, and be sure to drink enough and rest when you need to.
    After your 6 week check up, and your doctor's OK, then you can do whatever you feel like, I think. Walk, jog, swim, what ever. I'd recommend a post-natal exercise DVD, because they are aimed at toning up the areas that pregnancy is hard on. And, I loved that I could do mine in my own home when the weather was bad, or if baby was napping or whatever. You don't have to do that alone, but it can be a nice addition to your exercise routine. And the DVD I have also has a routine that can be done with your baby in your arms, if you have a little one who won't settle down when you want to exercise, or if you just feel like doing something together.
    All the best with getting fit and healthy!

:yeahthat:

Oh thanks girls.

I love the idea of having a dvd that I can do at home. I just need to get myslef a new dvd player as mine karked it after being overplayed in my last few weeks of pregnancy

Hi AliBaby,
    I would highly reccommend yoga, its generally low impact and you can go at your own pace. I just started classes and its a great way to ease into a little excersize, also to have an hour or so to yourself a week and let Bub bond with Daddy. And the breathing helps you cope with stressful moments!