Thread: Flabby bits!

Default Flabby bits!

At the bottom of my belly, the skin is really stretched and flabby. It's not fat, just very stretched skin. I suppose it's from before bubs had dropped and that's where her head was sitting and now she's 4/5 engaged so there's nothing there. Did anyone else experience this? If so did it go away after the birth? How did you get it toned back to the way it was before?

Pietta Guest

Oh Tegan i wrote this exact same thing alittle while ago!! I was told the only way it may go is if you do crunches and stuff!! Mine hasnt gone as yet but I am only 3 months post pregnant!!

Mine's still present :-s And Paris just turned 3! It has got alot better, thanks to a tip from a gf! Make sure you wear full briefs after pg, and make sure your tummy does NOT hang over the top of your underwear or it will cause it to sag more. Weight loss & exercise will get rid of it, a few of my gf's have lost the baby weight and it has disappeared completely so there's still hope for the rest of us! The more weight I lose the better it gets so I am still in hope LOL!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Mine is very much still present too...
    Eeek!!!! I didn't know that about the undies Cailin!! I still wear hipsters and hipster jeans and stuff, cause I hate high waisted pants (I usually have to go a size or 2 bigger cause my waistline is bigger in proportion to my hips I think!! yuck!!! LOL)
    Lots of sit ups would probably help tegan... and maybe some skin firming cream (but does that stuff really work??)

*Rachel* Guest

Every morning I wake up and hope that when I look down, it'll be gone LOL!

Oddly enough, it was still there this morning!!!

I am doing a few of workouts a week to try and get it off, and have given myself a month to see if there's any results before caving in and buying a whole new wardrobe!!!

Wish me luck!

mine wasn't too bad after Kameron, but it is definitely there after Lachlan and he was only 7oz heavier LMAO. I also tore a stomach muscle in the pushing stage of labour and was meant to excersise to help that along which would have also reduced the flabby stomach. Neeless to say I didn't.

Love

*Rachel* Guest

ouch about the torn muscle!

Mines not to bad a bit like a little change purse over the bum bag you see some with. But its still yuk to see your body this way.

Well girls,
    I have had 4 kids and I am not doing too bad in the weight dept but the flabby skin is definelty there. I do remember it improving after my 2nd, I did lots of walking and when I did I would tense and release my tummy and bum muscles and doing this constantly seemed to help tighten the muscles underneath. A friend who looked absolutely amazing after having 2 kids and putting on 22kgs with her 2nd, also recommended this skin firming cream can't remember the brand and I did use it, I think it helped LOL I am not certain, who knows maybe the combination of what I was doing helped.

Good luck with it, I am wishing myself luck as well.

Cheers Michelle

Grosby Guest

Well, for me, it's almost 3 years, and like Rach, I keep hoping that when I wake up in the morning, it would have vanished overnight, but do you think that is the case???? NO!!!! :-s , I even went to the extreme of hiring a Personal Trainer for a year, and it was the only thing that didn't go. Needless to say, I'm a whole lot poorer, and I got rid of the PT :mad:

I have come to the conclusion, that this is the way my tummy is going to look, and just hope that if I lose a little bit of weight (5-6kgs), that maybe I will feel better about myself.

I hope my theory works!!!! LOL.

Emma.

Kellee Guest

Exercise and weight loss defintely help. I am 6 months post pregnancy and have lost almost 12 kgs since after Charlie was born and it seems to be helping. Also, YOGA is the way to go! I have noticed a big difference since doing that. I think it's also best to starting exercising as soon as you can after the birth - from what I can see, the longer you leave it, the harder it is to get rid of the baby belly.