Thread: Hair loss...

Default Hair loss...

hey all - i know this is 'normal' but of course now that it has started happening to me i need to know more!!!
    my hair is falling out like crazy (i have quite thick hair) - i am breastfeeding and DS is 16 wks..
    how long does this go on for? anything i can do to stop it/help?
    i have startedtaking zinc supps as well as my multivitamins as a friend who is a naturopath told me this may help as many bf mothers have low zinc but any other tips most welcome...
    i hope i dont get bald patches. ahhh motherhood is so glamorous!!

I had exactly the same thing no bald spots and i am not too sure how long it lasted for a while i think try not to worry i know its annoying.

HTH Nikki

Same happened after I had DS1 at around the same time as you. Unfortunately I don't think there is much you can do about it and it does eventually stop. I just can't remember when! It may have lasted a month or two I think.

I had the same thing happen to me too! And here's the bad news... it's STILL happening. Not quite as bad though. I don't have any bald patches though, even though it feels like I should. It's just really annoying more than anything.

HTH

Celsie. xoxox

I am sure I am going to be bald soon. My hair is very thin to begin with. It is clogging up the vacuum cleaner.

Sorry Pregpan, that was no help but it seems there are quite a lot of us in the same boat.

Mine has been going for 3 months now.....DH is sick of cleaning up my hairs from everywhere!!!

smiles4u Guest

Lightbulb

Hi ya PREGPAN... Would you believe I worked at a Hairloss Clinic without mentioning names for a few yrs before I fall pregnant with my first bub at 39.

You don't want to go there, that's too drastic seeing it is natural to lose hair after having bub (sadly some Mum's worse then others). Besides it's insanely expensive.

My Mum suffered from alopecia for many yrs and she always swore that ZINC tabs helped some (keeping in mind it is an illness and she had it quite bad) !!!
    I started losing my hair about the same time as you and yeh, it continued for about 1 to 2 mths, but keep in mind during that time the hairloss was slowing down.
    I just covered thinnish areas with hairclips and a touch of hairspray if I went out. Though watch the hairspray as it can dry the hair a bit.

Yeh, continue with what you are doing with the ZINC and MULIVITAMINS ... And hopefully you will be feeling better about things sooner rather than later

Mine got so bad with DD1 i had a receding hairline and the hair loss lasted months. I lost it mainly from the front of my head around my hairline so it was very noticable. So far this time no hair loss yet but its early days DD2 is only 8 wks old.
    Thanks for reminding me as to whats to come

My hairdresser advised silica, from a health food store which I have 10ml daily in a small glass of water to help my hair 'from the inside'. A lady there also recommended a range of shampoos and conditioners that don't contain sulphates and she said would help with the hair loss and help to improve regrowth time, she also made me up a little bottle of oils (rosemary, cedarwood and lavender) to rub into the bald spots also to help improve the growth. I've been doing it for two weeks and the hair loss has slowed right down and the regrowth has improved heaps.
    Hope this helps someone.
    ME

Billy Ocean Guest

Hi Ladies,

This has just started happening to me too! My hair was quite thin and fine to begin with so I'm stressing that I'll go bald! Why can't it be just weight that we lose? That would be much more fun!!!

Glad to hear it's normal.

I was just going to ask this same question.
    My hair is falling out like crazy- its actually a bit scary!
    I have lots of hair but it is very fine....hope the hair loss slows down sometime soon : )

Billy Ocean Guest

I just cut a whole lot off, now less is falling out. I guess that makes sense. lol!!!

PREPAG - Im starting to look like ive got a bit of a comb over thing happeneing at the front....the amount of hair im losing is unreal. Its thinned right out at the front and looks shocking.
    Maybe we should be collecting it and making wigs for ourselves for the future

Billy Ocean Guest

That's a great idea Maz. pmsl

im saving some $$ and im going to get a perm...body wave...try and make my hair look big and hide the actual head underneith

will be happy as long as I dont come out looking like a poodle

This is happening to me too! Its so bad I am amazed I got any hair left but I still have plenty.