View Poll Results: How long after giving birth did you wait before DTD?

Voters
232. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-2 Weeks

21 9.05%
  • 2-4 weeks

59 25.43%
  • 4-6 weeks

36 15.52%
  • 6-8 weeks

52 22.41%
  • 8-12 weeks

29 12.50%
  • More than 12 weeks

35 15.09%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How long after giving birth did you DTD?

Default How long after giving birth did you DTD?

Ladies, we have had a few posts regarding "How long after giving birth did you do the deed?" So I thought I would run a poll and sticky it.........

Please vote, and of course feel free to add comments........

Last edited by Lucy; October 8th, 2006 at 08:53 PM.

6 weeks was as long as I could hold off DH. I was petrified!

The first time round I waited until the Dr said it was ok . The second time I figured I didn't need a Dr's permission (probably a good thing since it took me 3 months to get around to going for my 6 week check-up)

Had a great delivery both times, both of us could barely wait a week. We're pretty pathetic. Apparently no harm done though.

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

It took 7 months after the birth of DS 1 ( I had alot of pain and aching from a forcep delivery, not to mention just plain fear of how much it would hurt!) and 8 weeks after DS 2 and it is better than ever now!

I waited for 6 weeks after my first and 4 weeks after my second but had to wait 9 weeks after my 3rd,

We got 'back in the saddle' at about 3-4 weeks after, because I had heard that it was best to at least attempt it before your 6wk check, just in case something wasn't right and you could ask about it then. I was so pretrified for the first time - it was worse than doing it for the very first time LOL! It was fine and we had no issues, but lots of KY and foreplay is all I can suggest.

Hee hee after a natural yes the KY came in handy.. I had 2 c/s after that and I just had a tender belly for a few weeks... just took it easy

Yeah we only waited 3-4 weeks too....i'd had a c/s so we just took it easy. It was good to feel human again iykwim!

we DTD after 3 weeks, and like Sherie said, it was worse than my first time!! I was so nervous and just wanted it to end. Ended up waiting another 2 weeks before we attempted it again LOL

After Ds1 we waited 4 weeks and after DS2 it was i think 8/9 weeks

About 6 weeks each time, and I was terrified! Everything was fine though, it was just a psychological thing.

We waited about 5 weeks, I also wanted it to happen before my 6 week check up in case anything went wrong or didn't feel right and that way I could talk to my Dr about it.

I think my DW must have had a sudden rush of blood to the head, because we did it just over two weeks after a natural birth.

...we didnlt do it again after that until after 6 weeks, though...

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

I am feeling very sorry for my DH at the moment! All of you women are amazing DTD within a few weeks and I was 7 months. Did and of you ladies do it that soon after having a mid forcep delivery?

Hehehe, did it yesterday (one week to the day after birth)! After a natural birth with one small first degree tear which needed no stitches, I was quite eager to try.....
    DH was very noble about it all and flat out refused at first but after a little sweet talking by myself he fell victim!
    Interestingly, after having no libido for the last six or so months, and no O for the last four or so months DH couldn't feel my pelvic floor this time and it felt pretty weird for me (not numb but not a lot of feeling), but I O'd!!! I'm back!!!

Fee Guest

Hmmm well DS is nearly 4 months and we still have not DTD. We did attempt once but I freaked out that it was going to hurt.

We waited 2 weeks after my c/s birth, 'cause that's when my Mum left! DP is always a bit shy when she's staying in the next room...

Might sound good, but since Lucy passed 6 mths DTD seems to have gone out the window. I am so not in the mood when I think I might be woken up in another hour or so. Although she's been good for a few days, so DP might get lucky soon!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast