Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How soon after?

I had a 2nd degree tear with my first and we waited 6 weeks (the stitches on the outside were gone within a week but at about 5 weeks I found there was some stitching rope and a knot when I wiped (though mine were dissolvable too) ... sorry TMI so I think the stitching went inside a bit and it was just as the stitches inside healed that last little bit came away so I would be careful. It was a bit of a scary experience the first time, but we were just very careful and it was fine.

With DS (my second pregnancy) I had no tearing at all and so we were fine after 6 days. Honestly, not tearing felt like I hadn't even given birth by the next day. It was a completely different experience to DD1.

If you are feeling fine, there shouldn't be a problem, just take it slowly

Quote Originally Posted by Just Me View Post
    With DS (my second pregnancy) I had no tearing at all and so we were fine after 6 days. Honestly, not tearing felt like I hadn't even given birth by the next day. It was a completely different experience to DD1.
    *praying I survive the next birth..whenever that is..unscathed* I couldn't even walk properly for about a week after having DD, I was hobbling everywhere like an old man it hurt so much and if I walked too much it felt like my insides were going to fall out!

Even now DTD hurts at first if we don't do it regularly (every couple of days), must need to be kept stretched out or something...lol

2 weeks after episiotomy.... hurt like sh*t. We stopped and tried again at 3 weeks, All good :-) When your ready, your ready darl :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Just Me View Post
    I haven't torn with any of them but the whole hard-head-banging-on-the-inside-of-your-pelvis thing must cause internal brusing or something, for me that takes about a week and a half to stop hurting, same as any bruise.

We waited til 6 weeks for both. Mainly because of the bleeding. I had an episiotomy with DD1 and couldn't walk properly for weeks, so I'm in awe of you ladies who could DTD 3 weeks after! I had a 2nd degree tear with DD2 and the healing was so easy compared to the epi, so if I wasn't bleeding we probably could have done it earlier. If you feel like it, why not try? You can always stop if it hurts too much. I do suggest that you use a lot of lube though. It wasn't until about 6 months after birth before I could DTD without lube. All the hormones can make you quite dry down there. Congratulations on your anniversary xx

we almost went there at about 5 weeks but DH insisted we wait and it didnt happen till 8 weeks and it hurt for a while after that but we just did it to get into it lol

9 months. Bled for only a couple of weeks, not evem but had a c/s and absolutely NO interest whatsoever while Bump was BF hardcore overnight etc.

ETA: But I also had below zero libido while I was pregnant too, so the poor guy didn't get any for about 16 months!
    This time though, have raging libido, so who knows lol Hopefully for him, all goes well and will be back in the saddle within a couple of months lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Scientist View Post
    I'm in awe of you ladies who could DTD 3 weeks after!
    Trust me, it was nothing fancy

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

It was about 15 weeks for me. I had a ventous delivery and had a very sore pelvic floor. I also bled for that long (combination of post partum bleeding and my body adjusting to the newly inserted implanon).

I think it was about 3 months after. Was in no mood whatsoever & we were both too tired to even care!

Well my doctor that put the stitches in said they dissolve within 2 weeks, and I've had a look down there with a mirror and they have dissolved (will be 4 weeks on tuesday) I also had a bad tear 1cm off my anus, and one graze.
    At 2 weeks I had a dildo cam used on me which was VERY painful, so I wouldn't say I could do it at 2 weeks, but I think it would be okay to do it now, it looks a bit tender still down there but i can pretty much see my uterus without having to open my legs too much So Im sure I wouldnt feel much anymore.

Congratulations by the way!! I missed your birth announcement.. So happy for you!!

Can't exactly remember but about 8-10 weeks after a second degree tear.

4 months. I had internal bruising from forceps and an epi which hurt for ages. Even just the thought of sex made me cringe. All better now though!

I thought you had to wait the full 6 weeks so we waited 5 weeks and 6 days I only had a small cut but I was still tender. with my 2nd, 3rd and 4th.. Well I think by 4 weeks were semi back into it. but I had c/s with them so it could have been different..

Quote Originally Posted by LimeSlice View Post

ETA: But I also had below zero libido while I was pregnant too, so the poor guy didn't get any for about 16 months!
    It was/ is the same for us. I am soo not interested. We DTD about 3 times when preg, and about 4 times since birth. So about 7 times in the last 22 months!

3 weeks with number 2, I had tearing and stiches but all was ok by the 3 week mark. With DS1 we waited almost 6 months but I also had other complications as well.

Whatever feels right to you. Take it slow, relax and tell your partner if you're uncomfortable.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast