Thread: I stink!! Seriously!!

Default I stink!! Seriously!!

LOL, what is up with me! I smell so bad!!
    Before I had DD I never had to even wear deodorant during the day, I never got smelly at all unless I was exercising and getting really sweaty or something. But ever since having her I am so smelly all the time!! And I'm not even sweaty. What is the deal? Is it some hormonal thing, and will it go away??
    I feel so gross!

OMG, its BF'ing! I think anyway. I would do these great big sweats at night. Although I do think that in the early weeks its a lotta hormones excusing themselves through your armpits...

Drink lots water...

I am feeling this way as well. I am even having to change my bed sheets more frequently. I think it may be something to do with BF. I also have a shower in the morning and evening and I still feel stinky!

Hope it doesnt last long.

Your sense of smell could also be more accute... I found that my smelling super-powers from my first pregnancy never diminished... I never really used to be able to smell myself before... now I can all the time... even when I am clean... and so i am more fond of wearing perfume these days compared to pre-children. But I avoided wearing too much underarm deodorant when i was BFing my newborns... given that their little noses are so close to that area... i didn't want them to feed in a haze of deodorant.. I imagine that would be pretty off-putting. So i used scentless crystal sticks (essentially just salt)... but that didn't deal with the smell very well... lucky I wasn't a big sweater I guess. And I didn't leak that much when i BF either... like the others said, if you have a sour dairy smell about you then that's probably it.

Oh well, we're heading into winter... that should help!

I think it's the breastfeeding too. I think I was warmer on the whole while breastfeeding. On the upside, you might not feel quite so cold this winter. But yeah, it calms down, so for now, hang in there and bathe regularly.

I reckon its a general post-pg thing too. I had the worst night-sweats in the first few months after pregnancy. And then all that excess hair started falling out, that was gross too. I just think our bodies are in such an adjustment phase after all those pg hormones that a bunch of "strange things" happen.

Don't worry, I'm sure it will calm down!

Eugh, I just smell like milk and vomit it's gross! All my clothes smell too...

I never realised how much washing I'd need to do

I don't think it's a b/f think because I wasn't smelly after my first two bubs but have been after these two, and I've b/f all of them

Thanks guys! So I'm not the only stinky one, well I feel better anyway lol.

how funny, my cousin and I were just talking about this the other day!
    she was telling me that when youre pregnant your bodys hormones somehow suppress bo! (which is a great thing for when suffering Dog nose!) but once the baby is born it all goes back to normal, hence the reason why we suddenly thing we have bad body odour!
    we are such amazing creatures!