Thread: Long Lasting stitches

Default Long Lasting stitches

Hi,
    This is a little freaky for my GP too but here goes!
    lol
    I still have a stitch in near my urethera, from when I gave birth nearly 4 months ago. I had 2 tears, a 2nd degree thru my perenium, an a 1st near my urethera.
    My GP said he has never EVER known diss stitches to last that long, and he said this 3-4 weeks ago.
    He had to cut a few of them out when I saw him last, and left one that he said should fall out on its own. I have no idea if its still there... I'm too scared to look or feel.

Has anyone had DISS stitches last this long?
    I am nearly convinced that the stitches used near my urethera were non DIss, so I am not too pleased about that.

AM I just a freak of nature?

Wow....4 months and still there. Mine were gone after about 10-14 days.

Id not be happy either if they were not disovables!!

it would be strange for dissolvables to stay around for 4 months! My dissolvables stayed in for 7 weeks as i had a 2nd degree tear and it took a bit longer than usual to heal, but 4 months, i'd be thinking they weren't dissolvable too! hope you get it sorted soon without too much trouble

yep i had my internal ones stay for 6 months! i went to see a private gyno cause i didnt think the gp knew what they were talking about. it can be normal for some people. and it is most likely that it is the dissolving ones cause apparantly they dont even stock the non dissolving ones in labour wards. ( i was worried about that too). you can get certain creams to rub on it, but he suggested vitamin e cream as it was the best apparantly. (actually that was more for my scar tissue). anyway, they can last a long time.

Thanks Hollo. It's good to know I'm not a complete freak!!! although mine are externals... so maybe I am:S
    lol

Mine were definately still there when my doc looked at the at my 6 week checkup. I could still feel them (but couldnt see them) at about 2.5 - 3 months after my girl was born. I got told they always use disolveables for sticthes due to tears there.