Thread: Is this normal bleeding?

Question Is this normal bleeding?

After i had my baby i bled heavily for maybe about 4 days then it got lighter and lighter.

It used to be really bright red then it turned brownish. But then i have days where its bright red again.

For the past few days i havent much bleeding at all but then i passed a medium sized clot and bled a little bit. I went all day yesterday without anything.. and now its bright red again but only losing very small amounts.

I've been having quite bad cramping as well. I feel like im getting AF..

Has anyone else had this? is it normal?

Sounds normal. I had bleeding and cramping on and off for 6 weeks. Just when I thought it was going, I would get another rush.

Its only been three weeks, so it may be a while longer yet.

I'm not sure babe Could it be from all the exercise you've been doing? Maybe it's pushing it all out of your body, or maybe your body hasn't healed yet? I'm sure people will be in soon to help, but I'm pretty sure the lochia can last up to 6 weeks or more, I don't think it needs to be consistant.

*ETA snap Arcadia*

I'm experiencing the same thing. Bleeding tapered of to nothing then I passed a big clot and it started up again. It tapered off again to nothing and I thought it was done but then it restarted again today. It's annoying but I remember it was like that for DS too.

I experienced the same thing for about 6/7 wks after I had Miss S. The exercise is probably affecting it too.

i found on more active days (and I was recovering from c/sec so spent a lot of time not too active) I would restart the bleeding back to a level of redness where it was brownish the days before

If your baby is feeding more that will increase your lochia also 1st time. After passing a clot you will notice more loss - it is very normal. Just monitor that the odor of your loss is not offensive and you don't feel febrile. Otherwise I would rest assured it's all good.