Thread: Post partum bloating/pain

Default Post partum bloating/pain

Hey ladies!
    I've been feeling great after this birth, except for occasional bouts of REALLY PAINFUL bloating/gas. Has anyone else had this? What did you find to relieve it?

I'm not constipated, eating and drinking well, getting a little bit of exercise (just walking around a bit)...... I don't know what else to do. And it really, really hurts! I'm quite sure it is gas pain, and not something else - it's sharp and low down in my belly and not associated with any bleeding or after pains, or anything like that. This was a normal vaginal birth, without any issues.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

de-gas is great! or peppermint tea, hope it clears soon

Ouch I remember that! Sorry don't have any suggestions but it's normal!

Thanks ladies!
    It is reassuring to hear it's normal. I did a quick google search, and didn't really come up with anything, so I wasn't sure.
    I'll see what I can find at the pharmacy, and try the peppermint tea too.
    Do you remember how long it lasted for you, Heaven?

Just a quick update - I think we're over the worst of it. Still feeling a little bit bloated, but the pain is pretty much gone. What a relief! I was up several nights just doubled over with pain, and it would come and go throughout the day too. My belly felt so tender and painful. Yuck.
    For anyone else who's experiencing this, I found the de-gas stuff helped a bit, and having warm drinks, as well as sitting and standing with good posture and getting a bit of exercise. Belly breathing also helps gently get your tummy moving. And, you have my sympathies, 'cause it REALLY hurts.