thread: roid rage!

Dec 2006
    between the mountain & the ocean

roid rage!

So I had my ds2 12 days ago via elective cs and just as I am feeling better and healing nicely from the op, WHAMMO, a dreaded haemmeroid tears my butt apart I haven't been constipated or straining to do a no2, so why do I have this haemmeroid? Seriously the pain is worse than my cs pain! How long can I expect this thing to 'hang' around? I am using a haemmeroid cream and taking 2 Advil every 4 hours, but it's only taking the edge off a little tiny bit. Should I try to push it back in? How do I know if it's the kind that you can push in? I haven't looked at it ( I'm too squeamish) but I can feel a grape sized lump on the outside of my anus should I go to the dr or will it resolve on its own? Please help me, I am in a world of pain. Btw the roid appeared after I had a bowel movement if that makes any difference?

Nov 2009
    Scottish expat living in Geelong

I would go and see your GP as haemorrhoids, whilst common after childbirth (because of the changes in blood flow to your genital region) aren't usually as painful as you describe. Try sitting on an ice pack as the cool will help with inflammation and avoid hot baths until you have seen your GP. They might be able to proscribe a more effective treatment for you and will be able to let you know if pushing it back inside would be appropriate or not.

Jan 2007

Definitely go see your GP as it could be thrombosis haemmeroid - not serious but mega painful and they can give you some cream to help DH had one recently and was in all sorts of pain.

2014 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

Oct 2007
    Outer South East Melbourne :)

yep i agree with Tanstar. the pain you're describing sounds like it is thrombosed. i got one with both my pregnancies and omg they were so painful. there are prescription creams (scheriproct is what i was prescribed) but it did nothing for me and i ended up having to have them surgically removed both times.

they are terrible

Sent using my SamGal

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

May 2005
    in the national capital

roid rage!

Me three ! Def sounds like thrombosis.

Also - my Ob recommended a sepository called proctocedyl for making them shrink quickly (you just get it from the chemist - but have to ask as they keep it in the fridge)

Oct 2007

Me three ! Def sounds like thrombosis.

Also - my Ob recommended a sepository called proctocedyl for making them shrink quickly (you just get it from the chemist - but have to ask as they keep it in the fridge)
    ohhh yes! Proctocedyl was the other stuff i had to use. still didn't work for me

Sent using my SamGal

Dec 2006

roid rage!

What exactly is involved with surgically removing them? Sounds awful its really starting to get me down, since I was starting to do so well with my cs wound, now I'm practically immobile again. How long can I expect to put up with this, it happened on Friday, the pain is slightly less than when it first happened , but only slightly.

Dec 2006

roid rage!

Just wanted to mention that stuff you said your ob recommended muppity is the same as what I have but mine is a cream form. Should I get the suppositories? I just applied the cream again and I am pretty sure the roid feels smaller. Is that a good sign? I am only applying the cream to the actual external roid, should I be inserting the cream? I am so sorry for all the TMI in these posts but this is all new to me

Oct 2007

What exactly is involved with surgically removing them? Sounds awful its really starting to get me down, since I was starting to do so well with my cs wound, now I'm practically immobile again. How long can I expect to put up with this, it happened on Friday, the pain is slightly less than when it first happened , but only slightly.
    hmm...not sure you really want to know??! - google "haemorrhoidectomy" and that pretty much covers it