Thread: UTI?

Default UTI?

hi, i'm sure i've developed a uti. i had one about 2 years ago and it feels exactly the same. is there anyway i can avoid going to the dr to cure this, or do i definitely need to see a dr asap? i just have no chance of getting there before the easter break...or immediately after with a newborn and toddler...ggggrrrr
    any help would be appreciated, thanks
    oh and i'm breastfeeding too, does that affect anything i can take?

Rainy, get yourself some cranberry capsules. Cranberry is very good to flush bacteria thru the urinary tract but it's hard to drink enough juice to make a difference, so the capsules can be helpful.

You can also take some Ural or similar to ease the symptoms...just don't let it slide with seeing the GP for too long because you can end up much sicker with a kidney infection if you're not careful (nausea, headaches, pain, vomitting, etc = not nice).

yep, i was gonna suggest Ural too and cranberry juice. i think there is something else called Urinary Tract Health or something which they sell at the chemist, so maybe you can speak to the chemist about something. and LOTS of water. but i agree, you will most likely need antibiotics to clear it up properly.

thanks girls, i was tempted to just down a few cranberry and vodkas lol, but i ended up getting into the dr and am on antibiotics..
    thanks for your help

Glad to hear that, Rainforest. I was worried because even those herbal ones say not to take while pregnant or breastfeeding without consulting a dr first. Hope it clears up really quickly for you.

me too, thanks snacks