Thread: Waiting for af

Default Waiting for af

Just wanted to ask those of you who are or have bf long term, how long did it take for af to return. We are wanting to ttc from approx june onwards so we have an Autumn baby 2006 and want to have a few cycles b4 we try for real. DD is 5mths old and when ds was b/f it returned around 6mths. Is this the norm?????

katanya Guest

I haven't seen AF for a LONG time now..Felix is 8 mths and breastfed, i also have an IUD so I don't really count. It is totally normal not to return for quite a while while breastfeeding, some woman can last up to 18 mths without it. You are aware I guess that even without AF you can still be fertile and ovulating?

I breastfed my two eldest daughters til they were 19 months and my
    youngest daughter til she was 16 months and AF did not return until a few months before I weaned them......it was a long time without AF! Yaay...and yes you can definately still ovulate without AF. My second pregnancy confirmed that!

Jo

Just moved this to your body after baby since it is more in regards to AF

Love

Hi Rose

AF returned for me 2 months after stopping bf my kids! #1 I breastfed for 10 months and #2 for 6 months.

Hope this helps!!

Best wishes

AF returned at 11 months post Evan for me & Glenn is 5 months now & I thought they were about to return as I had some very minor spotting a few weeks back & thought here we go again, But I think it turned out to be a bit bleeding due to stretching out funny while holding Evan & I think I did something. AF has not returned.