Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weight loss

Default Weight loss

How did people go with losing weight?

After my 1st the weight fell off. It took ages to lose the weight after my 2nd, I was still 8kg heavier 12 months after the birth, which I put down to going back to work and not having time to exercise as I was sooo tired. I lost that weight in 3 months as we were getting married and had to fit into the dress I had brought.
    After my 3rd I retained about 4 or 5kgs, but got preg when she was 9 months old so I wasn't worried about it.

I got on the scales today and was amazed as I am only 2.5-3.5kgs over my ideal weight and Jessica is 3 months old.

i guess weight loss after preg is a big concern to me as my Mum just couldn't lose weight after she had her 3rd and is now very overweight and will never be back to where she was, and she was smaller than I have ever been. I don't obsess about it, but I am conscious of it as I want to healthy.

Cheers Michelle

Hmmmm... I'm not going that well with losing the post-pregnancy weight...
    Before PG I think I was around 55kg (underweight for my height!)
    By 9 months PG I was 97kg!!!!
    Two weeks after Aidyns birth I had dropped to 85kg.
    7 months after his birth I am 75kg... I havent lost a thing in the past 4 months
    I think my ideal weight would be around 60-65kg... I would LOVE to get back there someday!!
    Its not that I'm eating very unhealthily or anything... I'm probably just not eating healthily and sparsely enough to lose weight.
    Am also feeling pretty unmotivated when it comes to excercise.... I need a miracle!!!!!

spiddles Guest

I hear you Ambah!!. We are so much allike. I was about 55 kgs when fell PG. Was 14 weeks pregnant on my wedding day and was 58kgs and still fitted into a small size 10 wedding dress without alterations (b4 I was PG nearly had to take it in but it fit perfect on the day) I got up to 93kgs when PG. After Liam was born a few weeks later was 83 and ATM am 81. But 12 months b4 I fell pregant I was 83 kgs and went on a really strict diet and exercise plan as wanted to get back into shape for my wedding as use to be size 8 and after going through depression etc kinda blew out of proportion when I was 18. Then when I was pregnant if I craved something I ate it *lol* bad bad. But even though I am the same weight I was b4 I dont look no where near as chubby espeically in my face and neck anyways so thats one good thing!! I really have to start getting back into shape.

i hear you all
    before pregnant with joshua i was about 56kg's not toned still had a belly coz im incredibly short! lol but still, then i shot up to 82kgs ( or there abouts) and after josh was born i went down to 75kgs, but didnt loose any, couldnt be bothered excersising untill i came back to australia, phew i was soo happy i went down to 58 kg's! i was so over the moon, but then i went back to england and got depressed again and put all of it back on and went straight back upto 75kg's.. now back in australia again i got down to 65kg's and now pregnant its gunna go up again lol, but im determined after bubs is born to get my weight back down to at least 60kg's and exceresies loads to get my belly all toned, before next bubs comes along lol

take care
    Lesley

Well I knew that I had put on heaps of weight. I waited 3 weeks after Alana was born and joined W.W. I had put on 30kgs!!! 70kgs to 100kg! WTF! I couldn't fit into anything in my wardrobe and still can't. I thought I was huge when I was 70kg (I'm 5 ft 8in), I now can see that I was deluded.

But, I have lost 8.5kgs so far in 7 weeks. I am finding it really good. Both my parents are on W.W too. My mum has lost 24kg and Dad 19kg. They have been good inspiration and the fact that they also pay for me to go gives me motivation to keep it up! LOL!

baby_mama Guest

Before I was pregnant with Jacinta, I weighed 45kgs. When I was 8 1/2 months pg my weight shot up to 69kgs. I was happy to be at that weight but couldn't believe how fast it all happened. While I was breastfeeding for the first month, my breasts were a whopping size 12dd. She is now on the bottle and my breasts have gone down to 12c. Jacinta is now 4 months old and I am now 47kgs. Back to my old self. Kinda liked it when I was 1-2 post pg, I could fit into a perfect size 8 pant and top. Now Im back to wearing xs and size 6-7.

Well done on losing all the weight Jennifer. I used to be an 8 but I don't mind size 10 stuff, there's a bigger variety anyway.

Don't feel discouraged girls, cause as long as you persevere you should continue to lose weight, unfortunately it seems your shape changes for good. I seem to keep the belly roll no matter how much i weigh.

Excellent news lara about WW, good for you and your Mum and Dad are doing great as well. Not having to pay is an excellent incentive.

I think that especially when bubs is very young it's not always the right weather to go walking etc, once they are about 6 months it gets easier.

Anyway must go, am stuffed and need rest desperately.

Goodnight all
    Michelle

Well so far after having bub i've lost about 14kgs in less than 2 weeks! Not trying though. Must be all that fluid i carried. Hopefully i'll be able to do some exercise soon, but can't at the moment coz my stitches are still a bit uncomfortable!

Ouch Tegan, I so know that feeling, the good news is I only had stitches with the first and not with the other 3. It makes a huge difference to how you feel.

Cheers michelle

Pietta Guest

Well i have put on 20 kgs as well like you iris and i am 5 foot 9. I have not been able to budge any of it either!!
    I am thinking of weight watchers but i am not sure....

I feel gross and terrible and having pcos makes it all the harder.

I don't know how much weight I put on when pg. I haven't weighed myself in a long time. I still fit into all my clothes which is good but I just know that I am over my ideal weight and would like to lose about 10kg. I am going to start my weight watchers program in the new year and see how I go with that.
    Pee - check out ebay for weight watchers stuff. I got the full 2004 program off there.

Bon

Pietta Guest

Thanks Bon!!!

I put on 13 kg's with Ashlea, although i didnt really put it on until about 6 1/2 months cause I was really sick the whole pregnancy. (They lie when they say morning sickness stops at 3 months!) I lost most of the weight pretty quick and was happy to leave the hospital in my pre-pregnancy jeans, but i probably had a few kg that i didnt get rid of til she was about 9 months. I never really did anything to lose the weight but think it was more to do with never having time to eat, plus running around with a new baby and stuff.
    My friend who put on about 26 kg had a really hard time losing it and joined up with 'lite and easy' cause they just bought all her food to her door ready to go and in the right portions. She swore by it!
    I keep telling myself i should start some form of exercise but am just too damm lazy!!!

Kellee Guest

I couldn't recommend WW highly enough - I started it when Charlie was about 4 1/2 months old. He's now just over 6 months and I have lost 11.5 kgs. It is wonderful. Although I know it's easier to organise meals and do exercise when you only have one. I walk with Charlie in the pram about 5 mornings a week and occasionally in the afternoon, and I do yoga after he's gone to bed 2 or 3 times a week. I find that it's important for me to do these things and lose the weight, because it's the only thing I actually do for ME... I have so much more energy since I've been exercising too!

I put 18kg on with Shayla and I have lost 30kg since having her last April. I wanted to loose weight before I found out I was pregnant so I am rapt that I have been able to loose what I put on and more. Lets hope now it just stays off.

you girls make me feel depressed and terrible!! I haven't been able to shift much weight since having Kaitlyn. I have always been a bigger person, but when I met my hubby I was 86kgs, when I got married I wasd 96kgs, when I was 8.5months preg with Kat I was an enormous 120+ (I lied with my last weight in as I had put on nearly 15kgs in two weeks, which is impossible!!! It was all fluid. I had pre-eclampsia). After I had her I got went back down to 109kgs, and am now 107. I want to do more to lose weight, but my husband is a very fussy eater so lite and easy goes out the window, we can't afford a gym membership while trying to save for a house as well as making sure Kat has all she needs, and it's quite often too hot of an evening to go for a walk so, at the moment it's a little hard to lose it. I hope it will get easier when she's a lil older and I can do more with her and not have to organise so much to go for a simple walk and once the weather changes and it's a lil cooler, I want to walk every evening to lose this HUGE Butt and tummy! The boobs I am used to them being huge, but I never had a butt or a tummy till I was pregnant! I want to lose it all before I even think of having another baby as my body isn't handlling this weight. My feet hurt all the time and my knees ache. I need to lose it. Think I will see a dr and try to get some help there.

Oh Katkins, cyber hugs to you. Losing weight sure isn't easy, and our lifestyle dictates how much time we get to do things about it, and you aren't the only one in your house to consider( ie DH is part of it too).

Don't feel too down, your bub is only 3 months and it is a slow road back to your body. Have you tried that stuff you can get from the chemist, it is a meal supplement and my mum is using it, my nana lost heaps of weight. The gist of it is you have it as 1 meal and there are some things you can't eat, and then just some walking whenever you can.

Hope you have some luck, and chin up!
    Best wishes michelle

thank you Michelle, I am trying to change my whole eating habits. If there is a diet or low fat option I am starting to teach myself to go for that rather than full fat/sugar etc. I talked to my hubby about Lite and easy and he said if I PROMISED him i'd stick to strictly it, he would get it for me....and I am going to talk to my DR about it too. I have IBS so xenical is out, but there are other things to help diets along, which I think I might need....
    I'll talk to my DH about it again tonight and we will see what we can do because I HAVE to lose some of this weight. I know I will never be thin, but I'd definitely like to be a lot smaller than I am at present.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast