View Poll Results: When did your period return after baby?

Voters
263. You may not vote on this poll
  • First month after the birth

41 15.59%
  • 2-3 months

75 28.52%
  • 3-6 months

50 19.01%
  • 6-9 months

37 14.07%
  • 9-12 months

32 12.17%
  • 12-18 months

17 6.46%
  • 18 months +

11 4.18%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: When did your period return post baby?

no AF here, and ds is almost 5 months and has been on formula for just over 2 months now.

With DD2 came back at 7 months, feeding around the clock, still am

Default AF returned

AF returned at 10weeks. I wish I had found this forum a few days ago. I went to the doctors two nights ago as bright red blood was dripping out of me.
    I am exclusively breastfeeding and this is my third child. With my first two children AF came back at around 9/10 months. I expected the same this time so when I got AF on Saturday I went to the hosiptal as I thought there was something wrong, the doctor who saw me said it was unusual to be bleeding. Two days after seeing him I had bled again, but this time more, I soaked a pad in 30mins. I panicked so went back to the hospital, I am now on tablets to stop me bleeding and I have had to stop breastfeeding. I am going for a scan today to check if everything is ok. If it is I hope to start breastfeeding again.

Has anyone else been in the same boat. Are the first periods normally this heavy after giving birth?

urgh, I had postnatal bleeding continuously for 6 weeks, and now at 10 weeks AF has returned. And i am exclusively breastfeeding. this sucks

My period returned when my son was 14 months old. At this point he dropped from about 6 BFs a day (4 during the day and 2 overnight) to around 4 (3 during the day and 1 overnight).

Just had my first period after DS2 and it was a killer. Really painful!
    I didn't get AF until after fully weaning either of my boys. I have really only weaned them to get my cycle back so I could TTC again. I certainly won't be in any hurry to wean the next one. lol.

I put 18 months + because AF returned yesterday, and DS is 18 months tomorrow. Got AF back just less than 5 weeks after stopping BF, although was down to two feeds per day for months before that.

My AF returned today!! It's been a long time between drinks!

22 months of no AF, prior to conceiving DD my last AF was November 2008

DD is 13 months old and breastfed on demand though the feeds have dropped slightly lately with my return to work.
    Last edited by tk1999; September 17th, 2010 at 08:12 AM. Reason: fix smily

My bleed returned at 6 months this time, i was a little suprised as with the other three, I think it was at least 9 months. But here we are. Not bad for a 44 yr old I spose!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

*bump*
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

DD1 - 5 weeks after lochia ceased. She was FF.
    DS - 4 weeks after lochia ceased. Primarily FF with some BF's for 10 weeks.
    DD2 - 14 months. Primarily BF with comp FF.

All the stuff you read says that up to 12months if you bf or less if your bubs sleeps through the night. I'm still bf my DS 4 times a day, none overnight. And I've been getting kind of like ewcm and cramping for a few weeks but still nothing. It's making me paranoid to the point I am again a poas addict. I'm in the ttc boat again but I don't want to give up bf so I can get my bfp. Thoughts people?

Sent from HTC wildfire using TAPATALK, so forgive any spelling errors its a small keyboard.

Just got af back and DS is almost 16 mo.

About 4 weeks after. And then again about 2-3 weeks after that one and then 3-4 days after that one! And that was with breastfeeding and bottle feeding.

In a house, on a hill with a big fat welcome mat!

My first AF came 4 weeks after lochia ceased and DD was fully breastfed however, had started sleeping around 6-8 hours over night. My next AF came 3 months later, DD is still fully breastfed and sleeps 10-12 hours overnight. That was 4 weeks ago, so I am waiting to see if I am going to return to my regular 29-30 day cycle yet.

Default It's always an adventure when Aunt Flo comes to town...

I stopped BF at about 7 months and about two weeks later started spotting. This went on for about a month and a half. The whole time my hormones were whack and the last week I felt sick and exhausted. Finally about 9 months to the day post baby AF was here. This time the most heavy I'd ever seen. Exercise really boosted it too. I had quite a few small clots and a pretty steady flow. I could tell my hormones were very off balance before and somewhat during the first visit. It sucked. Good luck to the rest of you though! Hopefully your hormones can manage themselves better than mine

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789