Thread: bottle feeding and no period

Default bottle feeding and no period

I have been exclusively bottle feeding since oliver was 2 days old, I initially bled for 4 weeks and since then, nothing, and Oliver is nearly 12 weeks old. I'm thinking this isn't normal.

It is still normal. Well, nothing and everythigng is normal post baby.
    See, some unlucky breastfeeders get the period back straight away (like me) and some FF get to wait a while. I say ride it, lucky you! I'm pretty sure it takes a bout three months for our bodies to get back in check post baby even if we are FF, so give it a bit longer and see how things go!
    Cute ticker

One of my friends started bottle feeding her DS when he was a week old, and didn't her AF back till he was just over 3 months old.

I BF until 8 months then switched to FF, and only got AF back about 5-6 months AFTER that...and now hanging around for the second one to appear - which just seems so strange, coz I always wanted it to go away, and now I'm wanting it to come back!

As CM said, everyone is different.....

If it hasn't returned by 6 months, go and see if you can get a blood test to check your hormones and stuff.

Sharon, Alister was nearly 12wks old too before I had my first bleed after he was born - which was strange for me as I always got it back sooner with the other three and they were BF. It took another 2mths after that to get back to what I call normal.

Thanks for you replies everyone, I guess I just have to wait for my hormones to sort themselves out.

Trillian I got my AF when both my other boys where only 8 weeks old so that is why I was wondering. Will give it a bit longer before I go to Dr.