Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Cloth Pad & Menstrual Cup Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by skybie View Post
    They have snaps so like a cloth nappies u use them over and over. I prefer wings to no wings because the wingless ones tend to remove themselves from ur undies and stick to ur Girlie bits and when u sit down to pee they either fall in the loo or u forget they're there and u pee on them pmsl
    Thats just a bit funny skybie. Reminds me of the first time I wore a G string when I was 14 and thought I'd pulled my undies down but cause there was no bit to pull down I sat down and pee's with it still on lol

I just wore my first cloth pad yesterday and it was great. I didn't even know I was wearing one. I got a trial pack from Bohemian Rainbow and there lovely and so pretty not that anyone will see them. I was showing them to my mother and she was very impressed and said she would definately use them if she hadn't been through menopause as like me pads irritate her and stink.

Party Of Five - I was like you too, but in recent months have been completely converted

I initially bought a Twinkle Lily trial pack when they had an offer, buy one get one free... then I bought a few Maz pads (as I love, love , love her breast pads )

Since then, I've bought more Maz pads (the minky on your bits is so comfy) - so I think I have about 15 now all up? The Twinkle Lily ones are great because they have the double snap, which makes a big difference in 'feeling like they're in place' - but I don't have an issue with the Maz ones moving around.... they stay in place for me Both brands are extremely absorbant - I have a lot of clotting on day 1/2 and I haven't even gone close to any leakage issues.

I've been thinking about trying some Obsidian Star and Bohemian Rainbow ones... but between this growing obsession and my ridiculous MCN addiction, I swear my husband is going to divorce me soon

I find the hourglass shape of the Maz ones fit perfect for normal briefs, the Twinkle Lily ones fit perfect if I'm wearing boylegs...
    HTH

Can someone please explain how the cloth pads stay in place? I was scarred at an early age by seeing a kotex belt, and my mum told me in her day they had to keep their "rags" in place with nappy pins (yeah - near your girlie bits - pretty hazardous IMO).

Please tell me there are no nappy pins involved!!!

So ladies I'm thinking of going to a cloth pad as my af can be pretty irregular and heavy. And I go through disposables Way too fast!

How do they work and where can you get them from!?

And what's the difference between a cup?

Sent from my iPhone (via Tapatalk) so please forgive the spelling mistakes...

MD, I haven't tried them yet but if you go to the Bohemian Rainbow website you can see the pads. As Skybie says there are press studs on the wings that clip together under the outside of your panties. They look great. I won't be having a bleed (hopefully) for quite a few months yet, but I'll be trying them for sure when I do.

Lys they work like a normal pad just instead of throwing them out u wash them. It's very easy. A cup u insert into your vagina and take it out through the day then rinse it and reinsert. I dont use a cup so mane someone else might pop in and shed some more light. You can google places like obsidian star, twinkle Lilly Scarlett eve And mazalicious to find them. Prices range from about $6-&
    $15 for a single pad. But when u work out how much u spend per year on disposable ones it works out alot chePer to use cloth

MD!

Definately no nasty pins anywhere near your special bits

The names Skybie has mentioned are the ones you want Some sell in packs, some sell each pad seperate... If you're going to get some from Twinkle Lily, the trial pack is great value... and gives you an oppotunity to try the liners, a few different sizes and also the night one. The Maz ones at the moment are the one size, but I know she's working on a few different types Obsidian Star and Bohemian Rainbow you can buy per pad as well.... they range anywhere from about $8.50-$14 each.

When I change mine, I give them a quick rinse, then pop them in a bucket with a bit of bi carb and water overnight, wash them the next day. No issues with staining etc.

I've read a lot about cloth pads regulating flow/length of time of your period for those with heavy and lengthy periods.... I can definately say that mine have gone from anything up to a week-10 days long to about 4-5 days now after a few cycles of using them. I really only have 2 heavy days now, where before, it was anything up to a week of heavy bleeding.
    AND! No more sweaty plastic pads... and no glue getting stuck in your sacred parts

I've just brought a regular pad pack for just over 60 dollars for 4 pads and 2 liners from bohemian rainbow.I hope they are good! I go through so many pads/liners it's not funny , this is sounding like a great way to help the environment and the cost for me!

Might have to grab some more liners!

I've brought a moon cup as well off eBay. Paid 34.95 Inc postage.

I hope I won't have to use it for a while but I'll be well equipped jic!

feel good about doing something to save the environment and keep my costs down!

Last edited by LysnDan; April 17th, 2011 at 03:25 PM.

Okay,
    Cloth pad question...
    I'm a total lady cup convert but on the heavy days I need back up
    I have 2 cloth pads that came with my cup starter pack.
    What do you do with your cloth pads? How do you look after them?
    Where do you put them when you take them off? What if you're in public? How do you wash them?
    I've only used mine once and I was so lost as to what to do. Would love to hear what you lovely ladies do. It seems crazy to be a cup user, cloth nappy user and still buy awful throw away pads

Quote Originally Posted by PollyA View Post
    Okay,
    Cloth pad question...
    I'm a total lady cup convert but on the heavy days I need back up
    I have 2 cloth pads that came with my cup starter pack.
    What do you do with your cloth pads? How do you look after them?
    Where do you put them when you take them off? What if you're in public? How do you wash them?
    I've only used mine once and I was so lost as to what to do. Would love to hear what you lovely ladies do. It seems crazy to be a cup user, cloth nappy user and still buy awful throw away pads
    I use my cloth pads with my cup for back up... I carry one in my bag in a snaplock bag and if I need to change while out, I just swap them...the used one goes in the snaplock bag. When i get home I rinse it out & throw it in the wash.

As for generally looking after them, I rinse after use & put them in the regular wash. No different to what we would do with underwear. I have to say though I rarely need the pads, the cup does a much better job than tampons ever did

Thanks, will definitely try the snaplock bags. Great idea. And I thought a rinse and normal wash was probably ok. Do they wash up well?

Pretty well. There are some very faint stains on some of them; they don't bother me, but I'm not very fussy & I don't go to a great deal of bother with them either IYKWIM? Purely just rinse & chuck in wash.

After I've used one, I give it a rinse either in the shower or laundry tub, then pop it in a small bucket of bi carb and water. Then I do a small wash like normal of that days worth the next day. The few hours overnight are enough to get rid of any stains etc.

I keep the clean ones in a pretty box next to the toilet in my ensuite (near the toilet rolls) Just one of the gift boxes you get from the $2 shops, but I just bought a colour to match the bathroom, looks like it belongs there

When I'm out, I've got a mini wetbag (a nappy wetbag) in a seperate section of the nappy bag. It's supposed to hold 1 nappy so perfect size for pads. They're usually about $6 but oz trends have them in a garage sale at the moment for $1.50

Oz Baby Trends, not Oz Trends...

i have twinkly lily pads but find i cant use them during the day coz the bulk of the snaps makes my jeans not fit right and sit really low. what are other pads like that have snaps?

Gees, well af has decided to rear her ugly head... Yet again. And I have no cloth pads yet. Or moon cup..

Hurry up pads and cup. I may as well use y'all while af still comes to visit. Lol as much as I 'enjoy' having her I really don't... I really want bub in there instead! Lol

Anyone have any hints for getting the cup to open up once it's in? I have no problems with insertion apart from it not opening up! Its frustrating me!

Hopefully I won't have to use it for much longer.

And my cloth pads I absolutely love!

Quote Originally Posted by teresa View Post
    i have twinkly lily pads but find i cant use them during the day coz the bulk of the snaps makes my jeans not fit right and sit really low. what are other pads like that have snaps?
    Mazalicious pink bits are awesome!

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast