Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Cloth Pad & Menstrual Cup Discussion Thread

I ordered a ladycup for me & one for DD yesterday.... sounds funny but I can't wait for them to arrive DD is pretty keen too.

I am thinking I will get a couple of cloth pads as well, just for the first couple of days of AF.

For those who use them, how many do you have? How many would you get if you were using them as backup, for a couple of days?

i have only one cup....and it is awesum!! and cloth pads...well i probably have 12+ and i too use them the first couple of days of AF

Ok I got my 1st cloth pads today from a ROAK they are awesome and cant wait to try them (sad) would love a cup but my AF is so light these days it hardly seems worth it. What are the best cloth pads others have found

Quote Originally Posted by Aligater View Post
    Ok I got my 1st cloth pads today from a ROAK they are awesome and cant wait to try them (sad) would love a cup but my AF is so light these days it hardly seems worth it. What are the best cloth pads others have found
    You would find a cup so much better if that is the case!

ohh i havent seen this thread before! I have some Maz pad i got just after bub was born but i havent had a chance to use them yet!!

i love my maz pads mummabear, theyy're my go to pads. if they can handle a post baby bleed, they can handle anything!

How many PP pads did you use? not sure how many I should have

i have 16 all up, 6 maz pads, and 10 scarlette eve ones, ranging from liners to heavy/overnight/pp ones. for the first maybe 3 days i used diposable maternity pads then switched to normal flow cloth ones and never had a leak, depends on how long the heavy part of the PP bleed lasts for u i guess

hmmm I should be ok then. I have 8 PP pads in the mix of about 20 normal (light to regular flow) pads. Just haven't done a PP in cloth yet.

*pokes in for a little look around* ok I have a confession to make.... when I first heard of cloth pads I was a bit grossed out I remember telling mum about these strange ladies and their cloth pads now like so many things BB has opened my eyes to I've been thinking about them more and more.

As I get usually get AF for between 6 to 10 days I get a quiet irritated by regular pads...drives me bonkers so much so I'm thinking about trying cloth.

so has anyone felt like me and now is a complete convert?

still on the teaching contract roundabout

I used to find the regular disposable pads irritating too (one cover style more than others across brands - don't remember which ones now). Since I was browsing the "your period & concraceptives" subforum one day I stumbled across these threads about cloth pads - I got a couple to try for when AF decided to reappear after DS was born (ended up being around Dec last year) and I have to say I'm a definite convert - when out and bought me some twinkle lily pads and a maz pad. I love Maz's breast pads but not so wrapped in her pink bits - they're alright but I feel more confident with the twinkle lilies as they feel more solid if you get what I mean - I know that I haven't forgotten to put one on whereas with the pink bits, I couldn't tell. (I haven't quite gone as far as getting a cup - a bit squemish for that at this stage still.)

ETA - I got one of the twinkle lillies packs - I think it was the full time one but can't quite remember. I started with a trial pack though and then later when and topped up

ive got some maz ones but havent had the chance to use them still no AF for me still waiting

I've never even thought of cloth pads. Or heard of a menstrual cup. I'm guessing you couldn't use a cup postpartum? Sorry if that's a silly question.

Has anyone used cloth immediately after having a bub?

I used to think cloth pads were the most foul things I'd ever heard of. But now I can't imagine using disposable ones! I used them straight after ds no problems

WOW!! how did I miss this thread?!

Thanks Skybie.

Helle, it's great isn't it?

I've just had a look at a site called Bohemian Rainbow. The pads are totally not what I expected at all. Somehow I was picturing something like a face washer

Okay, quick question. I absolutely loathe pads with wings because I find the wings always get stuck to the back of the pad and stuff before I can put them where they're supposed to go - I'm a bit un-co. I'm assuming this wouldn't be a problem with the cloth?

still on the teaching contract roundabout

I like the wings on my clothies - they CAN'T get stuck to the pad before using them you have to snap underneath

They have snaps so like a cloth nappies u use them over and over. I prefer wings to no wings because the wingless ones tend to remove themselves from ur undies and stick to ur Girlie bits and when u sit down to pee they either fall in the loo or u forget they're there and u pee on them pmsl

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast