Thread: I can't believe I did that (TMI)

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

Default I can't believe I did that (TMI)

I finished my period on Friday and tonight (Sunday) discovered a hard lump inside my vagina just before DH & I were going to have sex.
    Before we started I decided to go and have a look down there and saw something white.
    Had a bit more of a look and discovered it was a tampon that had gotten stuck! (needless to say we decided to give sex a miss)

I don't know exactly how long it was in there, but it's been at least 48 hours or longer!

I rang Health Direct and spoke to a nurse. She said that if I haven't had a fever or been feeling dizzy then I should be ok but if I do start feeling unwell to either ring immediately or go to emergency.

I started getting what feels like a bad cold and sore throat on Thursday and also had really bad headaches every night since Thursday.

I do recall one evening when trying to put a tampon in I found it quite difficult to get in but I just can't remember what day that was and I wish I could because now I realise that the reason I had trouble getting that one in it was because there was already another one inside. I have a bad feeling that it was Wednesday which was 4 days ago!

easy to do!
    maybe ring your GP tomorrow and just have a quick chat, but id say you'll be ok now that its out, but you will be at increased risk of infection

Like Olive said, I think you'll be fine now that it's out but just keep an eye on how you are feeling and if any doubts or worries, please see a GP or get checked out at hospital to double check, better to be safe.

Don't worry, a couple of months ago I have forgotten a tampon was already in and put another one in after getting out of the shower and then realised later on (a few hours later) that I had TWO in at the same time ...... I was shocked!! LOL I think I was having a bad day.... so don't worry!!!! I'm sure others have done it too!! Although it wasn't as long as yours was in.

If you are still feeling unwell then you should go and see your doctor

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    If you are still feeling unwell then you should go and see your doctor
    Apart from a cold (which I do think is a cold because my DH & DD have it too) I'm feeling fine. I will keep a close eye on my discharge and how I'm feeling over the next few days though.

How scary for you. I assume that if you were still trying to put tampons in that means that there was still blood coming out which is a good thing though there is still an increased risk of infection. One of the biggest concerns with tampons being in for too long is toxic shock syndrome but if it's out then it shouldn't be too much of a concern anymore.

I hope you are fine, but symptoms of infection can be very similar feeling to that of the flu. If you have a temp at all, see a doctor even if you think it is from a cold. Infections are much easier to treat if caught early.

I hope that you are fine and you all recover from your colds quickly too

Brisbane - where it is never like it should be.

I too have done this. I dont know how. Think must have had my mind abducted by aliens that day.

Yep done it, I am pretty sure you are not alone!!

bleurgh, i actually did this on my last cycle, i was down at my mum's, and i did a #2, and could feel something wierd happening 'down there', i put my hand down, and my going to the toilet, was pushing the tampon out that i had inserted 5 days previously no infections though, thank god.

I haven't done this...it certainly is easy to do.
    When I was pregnant with DD my OB was talking about various things and we got onto the conversation about smears and so on.
    She said she had a patient come in and when she went to do the smear discovered a Tampon...it had been there for well over a month, possibly 2months as the girl had no idea!
    She said the girl was very luck not to have an infection and that it was possibly the worst odour she had every smelt in her OB career.
    And as Alan said, it would still be worth seeing a GP for cold and let them know what happend just in case.