Thread: Over it *vent*

Angry Over it *vent*

I'm over the Mirena IUD. I'm over bleeding for the past 8 weeks almost every day. Over feeling dirty and gross and definately not in the mood for nooky, cause I hate messy sheets. (well tht messy anhows!)

We chose the Mirena cause I'm bad with tablets, and it won't take long to conceive theoretically once its removed. I liked the implanon but DF didn't like the idea of it in me *rolls eyes*. I went for my 6-week checkup and the week before that I had no bleeding for 4 whole days! I told the doc this and he said the bleeding meant it was working. But at what quality of life? I'm over it!

Hugs, Darling you deserve a medal for putting up with it this long. Men don't seem to understand how it feels to be constantly bleeding. It's your body you do the best thing for it especially because it's your emotional well being as well as your physical.

Kazbah, my sister just got the implanon about two months ago, and was extremely sick and bleeding for 6 weeks. Be careful not to get anemic (she did, but then shes a vegetarian too). Take care of yourself :hugs:

ETA: I probably should have added that she is fine now, bleeding has stopped and she is back to her usual self
    Last edited by Indadhanu; November 23rd, 2007 at 01:20 PM.

Thats unlucky that it hasnt worked for you, i had mine put in 3 days ago, i had a bleed for 2 days, awful cramping for about 10 hours, and now nothing. I have to get the cord chopped, dr left it a little long... My mum has had it in many time... her only bleeds now are when her period is due, she goes to the toilet for a wee, wipes (sorry tmi) and thats her period...

Everyone is different, maybe its time to try the implanon, or depo shot. You just have to keep trying until you find one suited for you...

(BTw i got the IUD because im hopeless with tablets as well )

Kazbah, I'd stick it out a little longer. It still could settle down for you. Mine settled down after 6 weeks, then I did have another 2 weeks of spotting after that. But now it's just AF bleeding and as light as anything, so it was worth the grief to get there. If it's still no good after another 4 weeks or so, I'd look at your options then. Like you the mini pill was no good for me - I had 2 days in a month with no bleeding.