Thread: periods @ 6weeks and still breastfeeding??

Question periods @ 6weeks and still breastfeeding??

I have got my periods and am still breastfeeding. They came in at 6 weeks after birth. Had them for 4 days now at 8 weeks I have my periods again. I had the same problem with my first baby but I got my periods every 2 weeks for the first 6 months and I was breast feeding for 5 of those months!I though it may have been normal as my first baby was premmie and maybe my body was out of wack because of this. But it seems to be happening again. Can any one help me and tell me if this is normal??

with my first my lochia stopped at 5 weeks an AF arrived 3 weeks after that and came almost monthly from there on out. No particular reason I could think as I was BF too although he did sleep pretty well over night and regularly during the day from early on so I did have 5 hr breaks over night from feeding and 3-4hrly in the day so I put it down to this. It does sound fairly normal though I have heard of many others who have had AF return early after birth regardless of BF or not.

This also happened with my son, who was born at term... I blamed it on the mini-pill (started taking at 4 weeks) but it could've been just my silly body.

its not a hormonal bleed is it?