Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, anyone else kind of like having their period???

Default So, anyone else kind of like having their period???

Yup, just gonna put it out there! I kind of like it.

I like it extra especially lately since it's been so regular, I'm feeling like my body is actually doing what its meant to be doing! About 34-36 days recently, and I just feel great! Very happy when it comes, good to know my body is actually working right, and I really like using my cloth pads. I worked out how to use them at work, and have been using them at work for about 6 months now.
    They don't hurt much since I've had Jazz, even though they are quite heavy and still a full 7 days.

I dunno... I just sort of like it. Anyone else? Help me feel less weird! I mean, by like I don't wish it happened more often but I don't curse it... Most woman I know curse the whole way through "fricken woman's things, I hate being a woman, men don't have to put up with this crap, it's so disgusting etc etc etc etc...".

Menstruation appreciation group anyone? lol

I know what you mean, I never minded AF either. Mind you haven't had one for 20 months lol!
    I remember when I came off the pill to TTC, I loved that everything was "working on it's own" ITMS?

Glad to hear the cloth pads are working out away from home!

The only thing I like about it....."Sorry dear, not tonight, I have my period" Suppose I can't use that excuse for a while

I went to school with a girl who girl who called AF My Friend

When I was TTC I liked AF as that told me my body was working and it was only a matter of time.
    I don't dislike getting my period, I have never been one to think it's a curse and why why me.
    I now have a Mirena in...I do like the fact it has stopped my periods, certainly wouldn't be upset if AF showed. It really is just all about being a girl and I love being a girl

i WAS liking it for a while - after TTC for so long, to get a semi regular AF (about 7 weeks - so not normal but regular) was great. now she is awol again, so i hate her again!

Yeah i agree with BG; even with TTC, i didn't mind it when it was regular...but when it's all over the place, makes me angry! Like this 9 week cycle

*edit* An I just bought a meluna cup, so i'm soooo excited to use it...and thinking about getting a few cloth pads too, because they're pretty
    Last edited by PumpkinZulu; July 17th, 2010 at 08:46 PM. Reason: cup and pad stuff

Yes!! I tried a new contraceptive for 3 months and it made me stop having AF... which I detested. I asked the doctor to put me back on the old one as I couldn't stand not having it.

Just bought some lovely new pads off Obsidian star and am now hankering for her to turn up! About 10 days (and counting)... LOL

I've never minded, up until a few months ago (when probably due to all the trauma my poor body has been subjected to) they just went crazy. Heavy, heavy, heavy, very stop-start...had one shocker that gushed for 2 whole weeks. The logistics of managing that much bleeding is exhausting. At that point I suddenly understood why some (older perimenopausal) women are glad to see them go. But I also untuitively felt it was a sign of how much my whole self was affected by what has happened to me, and to rest more and look after myself. Since then I'm just glad I'm still bleeding on a semi-regular basis, it's a hopeful sign that my fertility isn't gone for good.

I either enjoy it or don't mind it. It never bothers me to have my period. I agree on the cloth pads- I feel all nurtured and snuggly tucking into bed with a flannel topped cloth pad. I enjoy getting my period because it reminds me of my wonderful womanly body. Mine are regular, fairly short and not very painful though so I'm sure that helps. I hope that keeps up after this baby.

I never really hated it I guess... it was inconvenient at times but I am fortunate that mine were never really horrid or anything. The first day is the strongest but then it kinda just eased off. No cramping etc. But yes, it was nice to know that my body was regular and it was like my body was getting the hang of how it all worked and was working in tune.
    Have an Implanon in how though, and I am enjoying it!!

Ahh Leasha, I’ve been thinking about this WRT me a bit lately too.

I went on the pill when I was 16 due to very heavy, painful and irregular AF. Then after 13 years on it, I came off it to TTC. AF was crazy irregular, I had a MC, then four months went by with no AF. I started all the “investigations” and found out I was pregnant (only just) with DS. BFed DS, a few more AFs, pregnant with DD. I’m still BFing DD but now, for the very first time in my whole life, AF comes semi regularly, it’s not too bad, and I finally feel like I am getting to know my body and my cycles. And I really love it, I love that my body works and I really appreciate it. DH is desperate for me to go back on the pill, because he’s not keen on the alternative methods of contraception, hey neither am I, but NO WAY. I’m just not going to do that anymore, it just doesn’t feel right.

The hugest of hugs to those of you struggling with this stuff atm.

I used to hate it, especially since there was a time when it was regular yet I would bleed for 3 weeks heavily...seriously, when most girls were bleeding for a week and then nothing for 3 weeks, I was the exact reverse!

I went onto the Pill to sort out some of those issues, then as part of my spirituality (I am pagan) I began to view my period in a different light and changed my views on what it symbolised, and began to feel really empowered by it. Those of you who are also pagan might know what I'm talking about, or those of you who have studied Womens Mysteries or know what the Red Tent is.

Anyway so now I love it. Ironically, it's now irregular, but I'm hoping for it to settle down with a bit of natural help, and even if it never does, hey, it's fine, that's just my body, as long as I am able to conceive I can live with irregular periods.

I gotta come out and say YES I like mine to ..every since I got onto cloth I love knowing that nothing toxic or unnatural is near my womanly pieces and my flow has been good, less painful since having babies and knowing exactly what my body is doing is a blessing.
    It does become a bit tricky for me with my issues atm but allas IM almost healed so fingers crossed it can only get better.

WHo mentioned Obsi pads....hmmmmmmmmm noice

I have enjoyed getting AF every month as it meant I could use my nice new cloth pads (love my Twinkle Lily's, they rock!!) but only up until April when we've started trying to conceive.... now that I've been getting AF the last few months when I have not been wanting it, it's been disappointing and heart breaking But on a good side, it's a regular 28-30 day cycle which is great.

I actually don't mind it to be honest - except for the really painful ones

Oooh someone here also mentioned menstrual cups - I use one, and it's awesome! It has saved me so much money over the years, the original cost of it was $60 but I used to use minimum $20 a month, and the cup has a 10 year lifespan. So something that has a 10 year lifespan has paid for itself in three months = awesome!

Would highly recommend them. Also I do use cloth pads at night or at other times when I don't want to use the cup, they're fantastic as well.

I don't mind... Coz I got to use my cup! I have obsidian pads too, but I just can't use them. They're for night time during the heavy time with the cuo and that's it... I can't stand the 'leaky' feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlene View Post
    The only thing I like about it....."Sorry dear, not tonight, I have my period" Suppose I can't use that excuse for a while
    That's why I like having af too lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast