Thread: Weird period pains/ symptoms this month... advice?

Default Weird period pains/ symptoms this month... advice?

This month my period pains & symptoms have been a bit out of the ordinary. Sorry if this post has TMI, I would just like any advice or insight anyone has to offer on what they think could be up...

Pretty much on cycle day 14 (out of my normal 27-28 days cycle) I had HORRIBLY sore nipples. Not breasts, just nipples. I usually get these pains 7 days before AF is due, not 2 weeks early. DP couldn't even touch them, I couldn't even sleep on my tummy or lean on them. Then by cycle day 20 my breasts were also very sore and tender. DP and I both noticed they looked at least half a cup to a whole cup size larger, he felt them & he even said it felt like there were water balloons in them?! By this stage my breast and nipples were both still sore, they had actually grown felt heavy and felt full of hard tissues... I began freaking out thinking I was pregnant. Cycle day 21 we went to the store & bought a pregnancy test - way too early I know but we wanted to try. I thought if these symptoms were so strong something might show up. It was negative.

Cycle day 22 we both had the day off so we went to our doctor & he did another pregnancy test - negative. My breasts & nipples were still sore, felt strange and growing? He pretty much told us to wait until my period didn't show then return. I decided to not think about it even though they were still SOOO painful and heavy. Then day 27 I get AF & all the pain just disappears (apart from AF cramps! doh)

I was just wondering has any one else had this happen? I'm 24 and I usually know what to expect of my body & cycle. I know what pains and changes to expect... why did this occur all of a sudden? DP & I did the deed early on in the month unprotected (around Cycle day 7, just when AF finished) do you think it's possible I may have been pregnant from then and that's why I got all these extreme pains but the pregnancy didn't make it? :S I just don't know what to expect this coming month!

Wow.. that was beginning to sound like my very early pregnancy symptoms..

Are you on the pill? Have you been recently?

I do on occasion get very sore boobs before AF but they've never gotten bigger..

And your doctor didnt have any insight on what could have caused it?

No, not on the pill :S I was convinced I was pregnant and so was DP.

I forgot to mention from cd 14 along w/ tender growing breasts (this may be TMI) I also had over a week of continuous gas & I know that's a sign of pregnancy...

Doctor thought I could be pregnant, he got me to do a pregnancy urine test but that came back negative so he told me I'd pretty much just have to wait.

My breasts have returned to there normal size and they are not painful at all. I still have AF which has been normal. I'm a bit baffled by this... 2 weeks of sore, growing and 'thick' feeling breasts along with gas... I honestly thought I was pregnant.

Is it possible that my body would have been showing early pregnancy symptoms from as early as cd 14 though??? I mean we dtd unprotected on cd 6-7 (not sure) so that would have been enough time for implanting by cd 14??? Hmmm... I know I got AF so it doesn't really matter but just trying to figure out my body!

I have polycystic ovary syndrome and the symptoms of that can often be like the ones of pregnancy. I had many many false alarms but when i was infact pregnant i felt different, i felt like AF was on her way when other times i thought i was pregnant..weird!

The body is a weird weird thing. Is this the first AF that you've had where you have experienced this?

I honestly have no answers for you. I'm quite baffled too! hopefully another lovely lady has some answers for you